Boot Camp 1

Chapter 61
Boot camp 1

“Now I know you are crazy.” Jacob said to R’ao when he broached the subject of sending him to the camp. Jacob had no problem with R’ao risking his life because there was always a way to bring him out of trouble but if R’ao goes away from his area of influence then it would mean he would lack the ability to control whatever the outcome. He also had a new appreciation of R’ao’s attention to detail and control, it was more than what he thought he would ever become.

“Do you suggest we sit on our feet and wait while they attack us, we don’t even know who the members of the council are, we also don’t know for certain if the boot camp has anything to do with it. You can make a three weeks plan with Simi, tell her you want to know if their ways would work on me. It is no secret that you have had different doctors test me since childhood, it is probable. Simi is elusive, no one really understands her methods. We cannot also deny the possibility that she is either a member of the council or that she works for them. All of these are just presumptions which is why I need to go to confirm our suspicions or get rid of them.” R’ao tried hard to make his father understand. He thought Jacob would be happy to allow him find a solution to their problem but he was wrong and he could not understand why.

Jacob took a whiff of his cigar, “Why does it have to be you? It could be anyone else.”

“You know why. I need to know to be sure, or is this because you and Simi have history?”

Jacob frowned at him,
“There is no history, just your imagination. How risky is this?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you going alone?”

R’ao kept silent for some seconds and nodded, “I intend to.”

Jacob dropped his cigar into an ash tray and stared at R’ao, “If what you say has any possibility of being true, then it means that if she accepts you then it’s because they have their own motive.”

“That is what I am counting on, I know you have a tracker inside of me. If after the probation of three weeks and you don’t hear from me… feel free to attack.”

“What does your lover have to say about you going on a fool’s errand?”

“That is none of your business, please call Simi now.”  He handed over his phone to him.

Margaret, Kelvin and Shola exchanged glances when Koruna told them of her plan to get into the school. Shola could not feel better simply because R’ao is going with her but he has learnt that Koruna would find a way into the camp with or without his consent. He sighed deeply as he gave Koruna another heavy look.

“I thought you’d be satisfied, I found a compromise.” She raised her brow.

“It’ll be just the both of you against God knows what…”

“There is still a chance that it might be an old boring school place that teaches about manners and other things that Elites might lack.” She smirked at him.

“What is the plan B?” Kelvin asked.

“Shola should keep asking of me and try to talk to me. If I don’t show up when he asks after three times then you can call the police even though I know that won’t work. I trust that you can find a way.”

“You could be dead before we get to you.” Margaret pointed that out, she thought Koruna was betting too much on these people especially as they had tried to kill her before but that wasn’t what she was most afraid of, what if she turned out to be like Jason or even worse.

“Then please bury me in the Flames.”

“Seriously? Flames?” Shola scoffed.

“Fine burn me here and then take my ashes to the Flames.” Koruna corrected.