Making new friends

Chapter 13
Making new friends

“I wasn’t late, you were early.” Koruna grinned at him.

“As long as I was here before you, you were late.” Oni continued to stare blankly at her. Her reaction made him flustered because usually the stare was enough to unsettle people but she seemed completely oblivious to it which made him more curious about her.

He wasn’t particularly interested in a lot of people or things but when he was, he got obsessed until he was able to figure them out or the mystery behind them. Oni got interested in her when she refused to back down from his stares which made him wonder what could make her afraid if he couldn’t.

“Common, let’s go.” She moved forward but Oni dragged her back by her collar and shoved her in the front seat. Then he got in from the other side.

“We are going in my car.”

“You just manhandled me!!!”

“Is that what you thought that was?” He tried to hide the ghost of a smile.

“What… What did you think that was? It was completely ungentlemanly of you. I  have not been dragged around in … like never. Youuuu…” Koruna sniffed.

“What are you going to do about it?”
They stared at each other until Koruna broke away and took a deep breath.

“It’s nothing, I was just saying it’s ungentlemanly but for some reason… I like it.”

Oni looked at her flustered by the last sentence, she noticed and smirked in victory.

“That is one look I didn’t think I was ever going to get from you. I can’t imagine you getting flustered because I … which brings me to the point. What kind of kink does that belong to… being dragged around like a paper doll, because I think… this is just a thought … I might be into that.” She winked at him.

Oni started the car and shook his head slightly.

“Be careful what you wish for.” He muttered.

She fastened her seat belt and chuckled.

“You can relax, you are not my type.”

“And what is your type?” He asked while driving.

“Not you.” She looked around the car and whistled in appreciation. “At least your taste in cars isn’t as dull as your personality.”

“You think I’m boring?” He increased his speed.

“Dull isn’t the same as boring. I think you are interesting but I also think you are dull.” Koruna opened the glove compartment and her hand was slapped by Oni before she could blink.

“Ouuchhhhh!!! Why?!!”

“Touch nothing, sit quietly.”

She mimicked his tone and rolled her eyes. He ignored her and the car fell into silence until they reached her driveway.

“Just out of curiosity, does everyone know where the Ballan castle is or do you know everywhere?” She asked.

“I know everywhere.”

The guards looked shocked to see him and quickly opened the gate. The maids and other workers stared in shock and dispersed quickly until we moved to the main house.

“Boy, aren’t you popular?”

“Not really.”

They got inside and Pelumi stammered as she asked what they wanted for dinner.