Another One Down 2

Chapter 95

Another one down 2

Koruna smirked in response, “I can tell from your expensive suit that you have never had to go hungry a day in your life. Making excuses means the presence of other choices, I am saying that I had no choice. It was either that or die or even worse become someone’s sex tool, we all know sex sells. I had limited options, if I said I regretted it, which would make me a liar. Fine, you can accuse me all you want but it wouldn’t change the past but about my future, I can say I do not see the need to steal and so I do not anymore but any of you is free to go back to the past, catch and judge me for these things.” Koruna shrugged.

Annie whispered to Margaret, “This is not so bad. Maybe not all of us have to be pitiful, people can be compassionate and also fear us. Koruna and Bernie’s stout face can complete that balance.”

“Enough! We are here because there has been way too many speculations about who we are as individuals and as a Family. Yes, we do not have our parents and our Grandmother is in a better place but we are not helpless, hormonal teenagers who have nothing to offer.” Margaret said with an elegant glare at the reporter who asked Koruna the last question.

“Except for our good looks.” Koruna added with a smirk.

“She is not even taking this seriously!” Another reporter remarks out loud.

“Why? We are all exceptionally good looking, don’t you think?” Bernie sized the reporter up who sat back down.

While they were doing the press conference, R’ao had ensured that word got out about Koruna having access to Simi’s vault of secrets, through the conference people would know that she wasn’t one to be taken lightly. At the same time, more evidence of Simi’s wrong doing was exposed to the press by an anonymous source with a witness who wanted to sue the entire Simi’s enterprise for all they were worth. It was Samuel’s brother, Emmanuel and his family. He belonged to an entertainment family which meant that they were popular and influential, this changed the focus from the Ballan family to him. Emmanuel was different, he had refused to go back home and had stayed with the Arks after being rescued.

It was hard for Emmanuel at first to come to the terms regarding the things he had been made to do but he decided that since Simi was gone, the best he could do was ensure that the world knew what a vile woman she was. His parents were absolutely remorseful for the role they had played, they stood by him as they exposed Simi’s wrong doings. The mass outrage and public opinion was loud and could not be managed not even by the Council, the outrage was further encouraged by Jacob Ark pulling the strings, his plan was to push the unknown Council member out of hiding, after all there is only so much one can do behind the shadows with his close members out of the way.

The press conference was over with the reporters in a rush to meet up with the existing breaking news. The next plan was in effect as Kelvin and Margaret had gone to meet with different board members to garner their votes and resist the change Shola was desperate to bring, it was a long two days as the Ballans worked exhaustively to retain control. It turned out that most of the board members were especially interested in Koruna which could mean that the plan had worked, Simi’s obsession with collecting people’s weaknesses had become an advantage. Koruna and her friends had spent the better part of their time searching for Shola to no avail, Jacob Ark was busy escalating Simi’s exposure alongside side-talks regarding the council. He knew how well something loses power when it becomes common knowledge.

More people kept coming out and confessing to be victims of Simi’s abuse and blackmail, it was an entirely blown issue that even the Flames had become aware. They had answers to their questions regarding the people they had gone missing. Some of the trails were still hard to track but Ati and his men are using Jonathan’s Ledger to track anyone they could find and rescue. Most of Jonathan Reeves men had broken under torture and pressure which helped with their search and money trails. The information they got was sent to the Arks and back to the Flames seamlessly. Make no mistake, Jacob Ark’s purpose was for profit and now that he had successfully gotten rid of most of his competitors, his power, fame and influence was growing. This made it easier to navigate the market and find more of the Council’s hidden cards.