Falling Lines

Chapter 54
Falling Lines

Oni’s instincts took over as he shoved Flora and the bullet grazed her arm instead. Bernie turned their table so they could hide behind as Oni slid over to the assailants and stabbed him with his knife. Chaso ensued as the gunmen fired at Oni who dodged by jumping in corners and becoming a moving target. Lola and Flora moved with the table while Bernie used it as a cover until they got to the counter and they jumped to the other side. Oni joined them as they hid, if anyone tried to come close, Oni would defend by throwing a knife at them and so the men shot at the counter.

“Can you reach anyone for help?” Bernie asked.

“My people are too far away and I don’t have Ati’s number.”

“Are we on our own?” Bernie widened his eyes.

“No, we are never on our own.” Lola smirked as she pointed at the owner of Blue balls, he had his own guns and had already started firing at the masked gun men. Other customers had joined him by firing off their guns, some of Flames men had heard the gunshots and had started entering the restaurant, soon the masked men discovered the danger they were in and had started to retreat.

Oni saw that the fight was shifting in their favor but he couldn’t allow all of them to die and so he came out from behind the counter and attacked the masked man close to him, they wrestled for the gun. The man was tougher than he expected but he held his ground as he managed to throw the gun away and they had to fight hand to hand. Oni was flexible and lighter, he managed to gain the upper hand as he twisted the masked man’s hand and broke his right leg at the same time. The masked man saw that he was in danger of being captured and tried to escape, Oni caught him by the collar and pulled him towards him. One of the other masked men saw what was happening and shot at Oni but he blocked the bullets with the injured man who died as the bullets hit his body in rapid succession.

Oni glared at the shooter and shoved the dead body in his direction, when the masked man was distracted by the body, Oni gave him a flying kick that made him go down. Oni’s focus was on the man groaning on the floor that he didn’t see another gun pointed at him, Flora and Bernie screamed at him in warning as Lola picked a frying pan and threw at the masked man. The pan did little damage but it was enough for Oni to understand what was happening and seized the gun on the floor and shot at the other masked man.

“He is hot for that.” Flora said dazed by Oni.

“Very hot.” Lola replied.
Bernie rolled his eyes at them but he was also amazed at the way Oni moved, he was intentional about his hits and wasted no time. Bernie grudgingly had started to admire Oni, he thought to himself that he needed to start working out and maybe learn some fighting tactics while at it.

“Awwwnnn, don’t feel so bad. Using the table as a shield was quick thinking. Not bad for an Elite, I am a little sure that you have never experienced this. True?” Flora elbowed him playfully.

Bernie scoffed, “You don’t have to placate me, I know that I am of a different breed. Is he your type?”

“Is that what you are thinking about at a time like this? Aren’t you afraid that we might die?” Lola chuckled.

“If we are going to die, I would at least like to know what the woman I like thinks about me.” Bernie said to Flora.

Flora smirked, “You like me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“Are you sure it’s not my boobs?” Flora asked, Bernie and Lola lowered their gaze to her chest.

“Definitely the boobs.” Lola nodded.

“I am not that fickle.” Bernie winced when another shot was fired at their hiding place.