First Phase 2

Chapter 51
First Phase 2

“I genuinely want to say that I am surprised and disappointed but that will be just bullshit. You are as predictable as I imagined. What is your plan? You kill us and then what?” Jacob chuckled to the annoyance of Makun.

Makun expected them to grovel or at least negotiate for their life. He should have known that they’ll keep their pride till the end, “Beg me and maybe I’ll come up with some deal for us to both be happy. Your man just killed one of my assets and I am very miffed at the moment so tell me, should I save your life?”

Jacob chuckled softly at first but went into full blown laughter, Makun annoyed by this kept his cool. He thought that Jacob was bluffing his way through. He went through his plans and ensured that there was no loophole anywhere, this gave him the confidence to confront Jacob.

“Oh man!!! Why aren’t you killing us yet? Don’t tell me you expect us to beg for our lives or are you waiting for something else?” Jacob lighted his cigar and stared at Makun as if he did not have guns pointed at him.
Oni was busy cleaning his knife, R’ao watched Makun intensely, “We had a deal but as with everything else, you are not a man of your word. Do you genuinely think you’ll get away with murder?”

“Oh, I know I will.” Makun had planned on having his fun with them but their relaxed demeanor unnerved him, it was better to be safe than sorry. “Shoot them.” He said.
Some men clad with masks appeared from every side and had their guns pointed at Makun and his men.

“What do we have here? What are you going to do now Makun?” Jacob grinned.

“I don’t understand, what is happening?” Makun looked carefully at the situation, his men still had their guns pointed at the Arks.

“Let me explain if you don’t mind, you have your weapons pointed at us and there are other guns pointed at you. Just imagine the blood bath that would happen if one of them decide to get trigger friendly.” Jacob said leisurely and puffed.

“My men still have their guns pointed at you, there is no escaping this.” Makun started searching for a getaway in his head.

R’ao walked closer to him, “Do you want to risk it? If you die here, what would happen to your wealth? Precious doesn’t have the ability to run the business. Surely, you have a will and a plan for when you die. It looks like it could be today, oh wait… I forgot, you signed it all over to us.”

“N…No, This is wrong, very wrong.” Makun’s confidence was wavering. He could not die now and why were they so carefree, their lives were in danger or was there something he was missing? He thought hard about it but could not find where he missed, how did these men know to come here? He ensured that Makun’s men had no idea where they were so how did these ones find them.

“You are right, very wrong.” Ati’s voice vibrated from the top floor. They watched as he walked towards them.

All of a sudden, it made sense. These were not Arks’ men, they belonged to the usurper, “You!”

“Yes me. I did warn you not to get involved with Flames business.” Ati raised his brow at the tension in the room.

“You have no idea what you have done, you are finished! Shoot them all!!!” Makun said in anger, he scoffed at the fact that a small fish tried to outdo him. His men fired but there was no sound, no fire, nothing.

“That was anti-climactic.” Jacob sighed. “I wanted him to get to his last speech, then see his face fall as he realized that he had no chance, he had never had any.”

A bag of bullet was thrown at Makun; “Looking for this?” One of Makun’s men smiled snidely and moved towards Ati’s side.

Makun was beginning to understand the predicament he was in, Jacob had been playing with him from the start. He had spies even  amongst  his men, there was no loyalty anymore, he treated these men well yet he was still betrayed in the end. He felt so stupid, “How dare you Jacob?”