Complications

Chapter 46
Complications

R’ao frowned at Koruna, “He has been acting strange to you as well, right?”

“I wouldn’t know, what is strange anymore these days? Maybe he misses school?” Koruna was still in shock from the memory. In a way, she wasn’t certain it was a dream or a figment of her imagination since she must have been unconscious so maybe she was bored and her mind conjured ridiculous images.

It was a strange idea but since she wasn’t sure, there was no need to be concerned about it and even if by some play of fate it was true, there was nothing she could do about it. She would just assume that it was something unreal. If Oni had feelings for her but decided to share them when he thought she was unaware meant that he wasn’t ready to reveal those feelings to her. Either ways, she had no choice but to do nothing, she already had enough to think about without the love triangles and what not. As she could not decide if her auditory memory was real and Oni had not said anything to her conscious self, she decided that the way forward was to not stir up anything especially if it’s true that R’ao had a nut loose somewhere.

“I don’t know what you are thinking about but I better be involved.” R’ao teased but he was concerned and curious about what made her stunned.

“Of course, what other reason would I have to think?I was right, Precious had something to do with this although her father meddling  in his daughter’s love affair is taking things far, talk about family dysfunction. Was this what you were hiding?” Koruna looked right at R’ao.

“I didn’t think Precious had it in her but I knew Makun was involved.” R’ao sighed resignedly.

“You thought I would blame you, didn’t you? Your talk about me being sick was not the reason you tried to withhold this information.”

“It was part of it, I did think I was a major reason why you were attacked and I was afraid you might think that way.” R’ao confessed.

“Even if I did, would that change anything?” Koruna leaned towards him.

“Not for me but it might for you.”

“What are we R’ao?” She relaxed back.

“What do you mean?”

“Exactly what I asked.” She folded her arms.

R’ao paused and tried to understand what she was saying, “You want me to woo you?”

“Please, you have me already… what would be the point?” She rolled her eyes.

“Then what?”

“Uggghhh… who am I to you R’ao?” She asked.

“G…girlfriend?” R’ao was wavering on shaky grounds, this was one of those times he wished he could read her mind. He could never predict her, when he thought she would be angry she would not care and he had a hard time keeping up with her. The normal reaction to knowing that you were attacked out of jealousy would be anger but she jumped right straight to relationship status.

“Girlfriend? Me?” Koruna gasped.

“N…No, can you just tell me what you want to hear?” R’ao groaned.

“Is this your way of implying that I am unreasonable?” She raised her brow in annoyance.

“What do you want?”

“Ask me out on a date, we have never gone on that. Being your girlfriend comes with a lot of hospitals and crazy ex or exes, I can’t tell so the least you can do is pamper me.” She shrugged.

R’ao chuckled, “You are my girlfriend.”

“Don’t be so sure, you might not be my boyfriend.”