New Again

Chapter 38
New Again

R’ao was stunned to see Koruna smirking at him, he took note of every part of her face and stood awkwardly at the door looking at her.

“Anytime you can move, I’ll appreciate the help.” Koruna waved her hands.

He blinked and rushed to her side as he carried her back to the bed. He ordered the guards to carry the unconscious man away, they were alone in the room with R’ao trying to understand if he was dreaming or not but he couldn’t be dreaming, the guards had seen her too and were surprised as well.

“You are awake.” He said in a whisper.

“I am awake.” She smiled at him.

R’ao breathed a sigh of relief when he touched her face and saw that she was all flesh and bones. “You are awake.”

She chuckled “Yes R’ao, I am awake. What does a girl need to get some kisses around …”
R’ao cut her off by slamming his lips into hers and kissed her with every desperate need he had. He couldn’t get enough of her and was lost in her when he felt a painful pinch from Koruna. He released her and Koruna gasped out.

“Good Lord, I am not in a hurry to become unconscious again, air… I need air but I appreciate the enthusiasm.” Koruna said with a grin.

“Shut up”, R’ao murmured as he took her lips in his but gently this time and explored every corner of her mouth. When their tongues touched, it was like electricity for Koruna and she groaned with pleasure. R’ao released her worried.

“No..No, this is a good kind of groan.” Koruna said and grabbed his head and kissed him, taking control this time. She was sure she was going to die and the last thoughts in her head was him and all the things they didn’t get to do. She had to make sure this was not heaven and she was still very much alive.

“I need to call the doctor.” R’ao whispered.

“Shhhh, this is my dream. No talking, more kissing.” She pressed her nose against his.
R’ao laughed out loud and it felt good, he had not had a good laugh in a long time. He hugged her tight taking in her scent. It was too good to be true, she was here, Koruna was here and alive. He would never take that for granted anymore. He called the doctor who came in and took note of her vitals and was relieved. He was happy he didn’t have to find out what R’ao would do if her condition deteriorated in the hospital.

“What have you done to the doctor? He looked unsettled, have you been threatening the hospital on my behalf?” Koruna asked.

“Only the best for you. How do you feel?”

“New, tired but I don’t want to sleep again.” She yawned.

“You have to rest, I’ll call your family and tell them the news.”

“They were here, weren’t they? That was kind of them.” She relaxed into the bed and yawned again.

R’ao kissed her on the forehead and sat beside her. He had not forgotten that someone had gotten past him and his men to get to Koruna. If she had not woken up when she did, she might have never opened those eyes again. The fact that he nearly lost her again gave him shivers, his suspicions were confirmed that the attack on Koruna was targeted and not just Jason’s whims. Pity that he was dead but this one wasn’t and he was going to get the answers he needed even if it took the assailant’s last cell.

He had informed others of Koruna’s recovery and increased the guards around her, he was afraid to leave her alone but he had to get some answers before it was too late. Oni was the one person he trusted and so he made him replace him at the hospital while he went to the captured man.