Home

Chapter 78
Home

They searched everywhere to check if she came alone and she was. This confused R’ao all the more. Telih was holding Flank back from attacking Abriel while Koruna just stared at her stonily.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” Abriel smiled. Koruna couldn’t hold it anymore and punched her, Abriel did not fight back. Everyone stood as Koruna kept punching Abriel, until Koruna figured there was something wrong, Abriel did not fight back instead she seemed to be enjoying the hits.

“Why are you here?” Koruna held her by the collar.

“I came home Koruna, I am home.” Abriel answered.

“We need to leave this place.” R’ao said, he searched Abriel but could not find any form of weapon or tracking device. This confused him further, whatever her plan was; he had an idea that she was there of her own accord or Simi was playing another one of her games.

Koruna shoved her into the car and they drove off to the Ark’s mansion. They had gone to R’ao separate house from the main house, Oni had tied her to a chair in the sitting room.

“Ropes, not what I would use them for but this works.” Abriel said cheekily.

“Why are you here?”

“How are you here?” Lola looked at her with a mixture of anger, pain and confusion. No matter what she had heard from them, it was very different looking at Abriel.

“I followed you and Mr. Handsome from the house, I know that whatever I say now, none of you would trust me but I had to try anyway. I came to surrender. Let’s say I have come to some sort of awakening, apparently I have been a very very bad girl.”

Koruna scoffed, she was doing all she was in her power not to kill Abriel at the moment. This might be a trap but Abriel being here could be a good thing. They could understand how the Council worked better, who better than to provide insight than Abriel.

“First, I’d like to render my apologies for killing Flora… I had no idea what I was doing.” Abriel said, Koruna could not stand it anymore.

She took R’ao’s gun and pointed it at her. Abriel looked at her very calmly, “I don’t have any qualms about dying, I just don’t want to go alone. Believe it or not, I am back to my senses somewhat and I am not here to ask for your forgiveness. I came to give you information, something tells you guys need it.  You can kill me after I am done and not before, it would be such a waste.”

“I am supposed to believe whatever you say?” Koruna gave her a glare with so much venom.

To Abriel, this was going better than she had expected it to, even though there was a small chance that they would not believe her, she had to take it. “You don’t have to, I have nothing to lose or gain anymore. Look, whatever I say now will sound like an excuse but the Bootcamp is not the only place the Council has training people to be like me.”

“Answer my Questions first and I’ll decide.”

Abriel shrugged, Koruna pondered about Abriel being there, it was absurd and the change in her attitude almost gave her a whiplash. She strongly suspected Simi at work here but Abriel’s mannerism was different, she tried to hide it but it was almost like there was no fight left in her but whatever Abriel was going through did not change the fact that she killed someone. Koruna wasn’t stupid enough to blindly believe everything but if there was a way to change the game, she would take it because at the end of the day, Abriel was only a pawn.

“Where is Shola and his daughter?”

“You are asking the wrong questions. It’s human trafficking, sex trafficking or whatever the kids call it these days. You would be surprised at how much humans go for in the market these days, People in the Flames are easy to cover up. The business is mostly done outside of Nige, people sometimes make order according to what they want like sometimes some people want someone stubborn yet fragile, a list is sent to Simi who goes through it and makes her choice then Moses Makun implements the procedures. The money is mostly circulated back inside, people who cannot be blackmailed are bought. It’s not just the Flames that this happens as well, the Elites have someone who recommends people who could be a threat to the current dispensation, from schools, malls, anyone who seemed to have a different understanding about the order of things.” Abriel said dryly.