First Phase 1

Chapter 50
First Phase 1

“In a way, you could say she is the unofficial leader of our crew.” Lola shrugged.

“Hey, I thought that was me!” Flank looked at them shocked.

“Why on earth would you even think that?” Telilah frowned in question.

“Why not?” Flank raised his hand in question.

Koruna sighed, “Look, I can attest for them but Margaret, can you attest for everyone else?”

Margaret looked at each one of them, after Jason; it was hard to believe in people but these were the people she had grown up with, she believed everyone deserved a benefit of doubt. “I don’t think it’s about trust but each of us here has something at stake and that should be fine.”

“I am not asking for undying loyalty, just one enough to see the end of the first phase.” Koruna wanted to make her understand and take responsibility for what might happen from here on out.

“You can count on us.” Mariam said instead and Margaret nodded in agreement.

“Okay, Muel please pass the folder.” She said to Muel who handed it over, Koruna went through the details and shared with the others.

“What happens at the one you all know, the boot camp at the city center?” Lola asked.

“I think they only use that for orientation and other superficial activity, the main action happens on the island.” Kelvin answered.

Koruna thought about it, “It can’t be completely empty, we need a geographical location and a way to confirm this information.”

“I can assure you that they are true.” Kelvin defended.

“I am not saying they are not, I just want to make sure that we land on our two feet.”

“You have odd sayings in the Flames.” Kelvin muttered.

“I am certain I heard this from Shola.” Koruna carefully adjusted herself on the bed. “The first thing we’ll do is visit their office, we can have Betsy pretend to browse around as an option for straightening out Annie.”

“Hey, why me?” Annie asked in surprise.

“Why not you?” Bernie smirked.

“Or me, it could be me considering I lack the manners of an elite. It is a good distraction as Telilah and Lola would sneak in and try to access any confidential information that we’ll need. Flank will hack into their system for more while Margaret and Mariam will put focus on the boot camp on your social media. Try to find out anything and everything regarding the camp, even if what you get doesn’t make sense; gather it while Muel and Emerald, wait why have you been quiet?” Koruna asked.

“It’s a beauty regiment.” Annie murmured.

“What?” Flora blinked.

“Something about wrinkles, let’s take the win. She’s quiet.” Annie said as Emerald glared at her.

“Elites are very different,” Lola whispered to Telilah who nodded in agreement.”

“O…okay, find out everything your parents know about the camp and be careful not to arouse suspicion. Bernie and Annie will have to cause some sort of social disturbance that could explain Betsy’s interest in the camp in case they get suspicious. Don’t say anything to anyone and don’t try to do anything by yourself. We have a week to do this.”

“Isn’t that too long? Emmanuel might be in danger as we speak.” Muel asked.

“It is better to be careful, the programme runs from 6 months to 3 years, I don’t think they would start with anything heavy in case your parents want to see him. According to this, they are only allowed to make requests thrice in the period they are in the system. To be safe, provoke your mother to meet with him. They wouldn’t risk anything, it’s soon.” Flank replied.