Friends and Enemies 2

Chapter 67
Friends and Enemies 2

“Nod if you understand the words that are coming out from my mouth.” R’ao pressed harder on her neck, she nodded and he released her.

Simi looked coldly at R’ao, “You will regret this singular act, I do not care if you are needed. There are other routes to the river.” She said and pressed the button, R’ao groaned in pain.

“Is that all you can do? Would the other members of your council be happy if you fry my brain because you were mad? Something tells me that they would not be, since I am needed for whatever plans you have. What I want isn’t so complicated, take it away and I would be willing to give it a chance. I am not Moses, don’t make the mistake of comparing us both and I will extend the same courtesy.” R’ao warned.

“There is no guaran…”

“There is also none unless you try. Take it out, I am only asking you take mine out, you have Koruna and you already know that I wouldn’t do anything to risk her life unless you take the choice out of my hands.” R’ao smirked.

“You have no idea who you are messing with.”

“I have heard that more times than you’ll ever know. If you want to strike a deal with me, I refuse to stay completely at your mercy. It is what every business man knows.”

“I am watching, any wrong move on your part and I will kill you.”

“Understood.”

Three people in white came in shortly, they removed a tiny device that was inside his neck. R’ao was surprised at how easy it was to get it out. Simi had the access codes that stopped it from going off, Simi saw him looking at the device with wonder.

“Harmless little thing, that is what it looks like; right? It is one of my favorites, I call it the spear... I am something of a craftswoman if you will.”

She chuckled at R’ao’s surprise… “I am more than my face.” Simi liked to be in control but she wouldn’t mind letting go sometimes, it was a pity that his interests were focused on the girl behind the glass. She would have loved to teach him a move or two.

R’ao recognized that look she had and hissed internally, “It is not about her you know, I generally prefer my women on the younger side.”

Simi chuckled, “Oh, preference has nothing to do with what I have to offer or take.”

“Consent isn’t either from what I understand.”

“People don’t always know what they want, I take the liberty to make them see that there are better ways to experience life. Consent is just hmmmm, a bump on the road” She replied with a coy smile and instructed an enforcer to take him back to the room.

Simi smiled when he turned. She would not forgive him for laying a hand on him, she thought about the perfect way to get revenge for that. She smiled wider when she saw Koruna staring blankly at the glass.

“I have plans for you Koruna Ballan, big plans.”

*Somewhere in Nige*
...
A voice rang in the dark in annoyance, “They are not the issue here, and there are people outside drawing attention to our activities on the Island. I told you it was a bad idea!”

“Relax, it is not the first time we have had to deal with situations like this. We have the Sharks, you were right. The cross-hound was useful in that regard but I have doubts that we can control him.”

“We can’t control the sharks with just the cross hound, I hate that we have to spend our time dealing with them when there are other things I could be doing. The council has been in existence for a long long time, and while our members have dwindled in numbers. We have learnt from the past not to underestimate threats, sometimes the gain might not be worth the risk. Make an overall assessment and give me a conclusion. If it doesn’t come out as we expect then we will cut our losses and end them all, there is no shortage of animals. Anyone is replaceable.” The younger guy that was their leader ordered.