Getting it Out

Chapter 77
Getting it out

Koruna frowned confused, “What do you mean?”

Telih sighed, “It’s like she’s gone or completely gone silent. I don’t know which is what but I can’t feel her.”

“Odd.”

“Is that all you have to say?” Lola growled.

Koruna blinked and looked at her like she just saw her, “I don’t know what else to say, it’s a new development. What else can I say?”

“Oh… I don’t know, I can think of a number of words ranging from I am so sorry to what do you think caused it? Is she gone gone? Or traumatized by Flora’s death? Is she somewhere licking her wounds? Or has she simply disappeared after discovering that this world isn’t worth shit!” Lola screamed in the way that made most people flinch.

‘You are angry with me.” Koruna stated.

“Oh, what gave it away?” Lola said mockingly in a tiny voice.

“The range of your voice.” Koruna answered.

“Are you serious?” Lola looked at Koruna with anger.

Flank sighed, “We are here for one thing, we could do this …” Lola lunged at Koruna before he could finish, she pulled at Koruna’s hair and Koruna returned the favor by flipping her to the ground.

“Down, stay down Lola. I don’t want to hurt you.” Koruna warned.

“Too late.” Lola replied in a small voice and tripped Koruna unexpectedly, Flank tried to separate them when Lola bit him which made him angry as he joined in the fight. Koruna tried to avoid hurting Lola but it seemed like she wasn’t having it.

“Fight back!” Lola screamed!

Koruna had enough and stopped being on the defense as she fought back but with slaps instead of punches, somehow the fight had turned that Lola and Flank fought against Koruna yet she seemed to be on the winning side until Telih joined. Koruna increased her efforts, it was more like a wrestling match with lots of pulling, dragging and maneuvering. Oni and R’ao watched by the side, “Do you think we should stop them?” Oni asked.

“No, this is the most alive I have seen Koruna since Flora’s death.” R’ao winced when Lola jammed both of her thumbs in Koruna’s mouth.

Telih was trying to remove her hands when Koruna accidentally kicked him in his nuts, the computer guy groaned empathetic to the pain he must have felt. Telih released Lola as he moaned in pain, Flank saw that Telih was in trouble when he tried to help but Lola had given him that same treatment, he also went down in a silent roar. Koruna took an empty snacks bag and put it on Lola’s head, Lola was frantically trying to remove the bag that when she succeeded, Koruna put another one. Lola grunted in frustration and tried to attack blindly when Koruna screamed, “Enough!!!”

Lola paused, most of the anger she had been feeling had leaked out during the fight. She sighed and looked at Koruna, she was completely disheveled, her hair was all over her face, her sweater had become too big for her neck, her trousers was torn, she did not know when she doubled over in laughter, Koruna looked at Lola with her hair out of place and white crumbs probably from the empty bags she had put over her head, the right arm of her dress was torn, she caught a glance of Telih and Flank on the ground, soon she joined Lola in laughing. They laughed for few minutes before Lola started sobbing, Koruna felt the tear drop from her eyes as she cried with her. They had a no holds barred crying fest, cried for their lost friends, cried for the ache in their hearts, no one knew how long they were there on the floor crying.