A Start

Chapter 81
A start

“Shit!!!” Koruna mumbled. Her head wasn’t in the right place as she had forgotten how much Betsy kept from them to protect them, she didn’t see any other way than full disclosure, she wasn’t one that enjoyed keeping secrets. Koruna thought about it, she was the youngest even though it didn’t seem like it, she wasn’t in a position to protect anyone.

Margaret and Kelvin had rushed back home, they all sat and stared at her as they waited for her to explain everything she knew about their parents death. Koruna didn’t think it would be wise to tell them about Abriel’s perception of Shola but she’d already promised full disclosure. Lola, Telih and Flank watched from the sides. Koruna took her time explaining everything she knew from when Betsy informed her about her suspicions.

Margaret paused a bit after listening and covered in mouth in disbelief, it was hard for her to imagine that her parents were assassinated. “How… how could you not have told us this?”

“Would it have made any difference? Betsy made me promise.”

“She had no right!” Margaret mumbled.

“I am sorry.”

“Why now? Why tell us now?” Bernie asked.

“Shola maybe kidnapped by Simi but Abriel said that he was a member of the Council.”

“Abriel? Your sadistic friend that killed your other friend?” Annie raised her brow.

“One and only.”

“You believe her?”

“It would make some sense.”

“No, not Shola.” Kelvin denied passionately.

“Maybe not, I thought you guys would want all the details.” Koruna said frankly.

“Can you excuse us?” Margaret glowered at Koruna.

“Sure…” She signaled at Lola and the others and they followed her out.

“They don’t exactly treat you as one of theirs.” Lola commented.

“I am not one of theirs… We might share the same blood but I am as different from them as it could be and it’s not necessarily a bad thing.”

“You look better.” Telih patted her back.

“I dreamt of Flora, she was happy.”

“It’s your mind playing tricks on you.” Flank teased.

“Maybe but it made me feel better, lighter even.” Koruna shrugged.

“You still want blood, don’t you?” Lola smirked.

“I will have it, perversely so.” Koruna smirked back.

“We will… I think your siblings would want a taste as well.” Flank pointed at the living room.

“It is to be expected but I will respect Betsy’s wishes on that, there are all too many of us corrupted, there’s no need for them to join in the list of fuckups.”

Lola sniggered, “Talking about lists, I can’t believe I wasn’t recommended.”

Koruna chuckled, “Does that still bother you?”

Lola shrugged in response, “Ati and Reeves, who do you think will win?”

“Ati… he is way smarter than he looks.” Flank said with confidence.

“Reeves is cunning and more ruthless.” Telih pointed out.

“No Telilah yet?” Koruna asked Telih.