Outside World 2

Chapter 69
Outside World 2

Mariam groaned at how the secretary to Ms. Simi had refused to give her a definite answer regarding the Bootcamp’s policies on students who seemed to have no hopes of changing for the better. She had come into the mainland’s office with her phone on live for her acquaintances to see but the lady was as calm and obstinate for the last hour.

Mariam needed people to question Ms. Simi’s methods and motives, “a little spark creates fires”. Mariam knew how to make people doubt the credibility of other people, it was a tool she and Margaret had used several times to pay back people who had offended them somehow.

Mariam knew she was responsible for dragging Margaret to the dark side, she remembered the first time she met Margaret, she was a little girl who did exactly what she was told and that had bothered her a lot and she made it a goal to ruffle those perfectly straight shoulders which she did after many years of trying but by then she had already loved the girl she was.

Mariam had no misconceptions about her attitude, she knew what she was and she was not ashamed of it but somehow, it made her feel like she tainted something pure whenever she dragged Margaret into her shenanigans.

When she saw a chance for Margaret to become that girl she once was, she jumped at it. Mariam couldn’t care less if Koruna rotted in the camp but she also liked to repay her debts and she owed Koruna. Mariam remembered glimpse and tits about what happened that night Koruna brought her from Gichaan. How could she completely wipe that stupidity off her memories? She knew that if Koruna wasn’t there at that moment, she couldn’t say what would have happened to her and for that she was grateful.

Mariam looked at the number of people tuned into her channel and continued to harass the secretary, the guards couldn’t do anything about it because she wasn’t physical about it. It also helped that she was a daughter to one of the most powerful men in Nige, she pressed on with her questions and ensured that the pasty smile was glued to her face.

“We want to know, this is where enquiries are done regarding Ms, Simi’s Boot camp. Why aren’t you giving me any answers? These are simple questions or what do you think?” Mariam asked the people listening.

The secretary looked at the phone in her hand and sighed deeply, she wasn’t paid enough for the things she had to go through each day. Especially with rich spoilt brats like Mariam, she knew how to handle them but it did not make it any less annoying. She returned Mariam’s fake smile, “I’m sorry miss, any questions pertaining to the location and methods used are considered trade secrets. I cannot answer these questions because I am not at liberty to. I can assure you that whoever you have is in safe hands.”

Mariam appreciated her resilience but she did not become a queen in her school by being complacent.

“Look, I know that you are just doing your job but you have to understand that I cannot just sit on my hands and hope that this time would be different. My friend Jason Bry… do you have any recollection of him?”

The secretary gritted her teeth, “I have no idea who he is, ma’am and neither do I understand his importance in this matter.”

“Really?” Margaret stepped into the hall dramatically. She had put one of the most expensive outfits from the latest collections of a renowned fashion designer. Their aim was to gain people’s attention, with this outfit Margaret was sure that people would have no choice but to look at her.

The secretary had already calculated the outfit in her head and groaned inside, this person was a tad different from Mariam. There was an air of elegance in the way she walked or maybe it was the outfit she had on that intimidated her. The secretary reasoned, she looked at the two of them and brought out the professional smile again.