Lesson in history

Chapter 15
A lesson in history

R’ao released her lips slowly,  and stole another soft kiss to her lips.

“We shouldn’t be doing this.” He whispered and hugged her tight.

Koruna was not completely aware of her surroundings, she was still in the moment and could barely stand. Her weight was on R’ao, she was flustered by the kiss.

“I am going to let you go now“ R’ao warned.

She was able to collect herself enough to stand. R’ao grinned in a way that made her smile in return.

“Wow.” She chuckled lightly.

“I know.” R’ao sighed.

“You should go.” He said.

Koruna frowned at him but nodded in the end, she picked up her bag and left the room. R’ao mixed himself a drink and downed it in one shot.
“What am I going to do with you?” R’ao said aloud.

“Is it always like this?” Oni asked as Koruna led them to the flames.

For some reason, Bernie ended up following them and Oni made no effort to stop him like he couldn’t even be bothered. Koruna suspected he had a romantic interest towards Flora which would explain his determination to follow them despite the fact that he abhorred the flames and had never been out of the upside. They went with Oni’s car but Koruna suggested leaving it at the boundary so that they would not draw unnecessary attention to themselves.

They were dressed in the school uniform which was more than enough to set them apart from other people in the flames. Koruna called Flora who picked them in her truck.

“Well… well… Look at you. You look like you have some kind of decency.” Flora teased Koruna as she tried to climb the front of the vehicle but was stopped by Bernie who took her place and grinned pleasantly at Flora.

Koruna rolled her eyes and joined Oni in the back.

“I have a lot of decency and Bernie… You are not Flora’s type so forget it.” Koruna closed the door.

“I am everyone’s type. Where is the seat belt?” Bernie asked in confusion.

Flora chuckled… “Love the confidence and there is none, don’t worry… I am the best driver Flames has to offer, don’t be scared and if it comes to it. I will protect you.”

Bernie blushed and avoided her gaze.

“Wow… The things having a bigger breasts will give you.” Koruna groaned.

“So Vulgar…” Bernie muttered.

“It is more about my personality than my big breasts, aren’t you supposed to be more cultured now that you are an elite?!” Flora drove them down a bad road filled with pot holes that had Bernie holding on to the chair seat for his life.

“Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day, it will become true.” Koruna replied with a smirk.

“You are the talk of the town and the sunshine of the flames. You wouldn’t believe the things that were said about you, it like you are a hope that all children who don’t know their father look up to. Some think that maybe their lives could change dramatically like yours, Lola burst their bubbles so hard that I had to pity them. Instead of taking the time to tease me, you should prepare yourself for your new celebrity status. Word got out that you would be at grandmother Buke’s place, sooooo… be ready.” Flora gave her a look through the rearview mirror.

“Word got out?” Koruna sighed.

“You know… Walls have ears.” Flora smiled.

“I am happy that you are enjoying this.”