The Escape 1

Chapter 73
The Escape 1

“I know that Abriel seems to be a bit disconnected from reality but that is because of Simi. That woman is crazy!!! She is not just crazy, she is vindictive, mean and has a completely different sense of reality from other people. It is one thing to be all of these things then being her, she has the smarts, wits and the ability to put whatever is in her head into reality and that scares me to death.” Koruna whispered to R’ao.

“I know but remember, she is not a monster. She bleeds.” R’ao continued to pat Koruna’s back, he was doing that more for himself than her. The physical contact kept him from tearing other people’s head off any time he looked at her bandaged hand.

Koruna looked at him seriously, “I don’t think she bleeds, I think she might be a witch or demon.”

“She is. Humans are as much capable of great evil as they are of good. She belongs to the darker side of humanity, Koruna. She can die, she can feel pain. We just have to find out what would it for her to get there. What did you see in there? What did she make you see?”

Koruna groaned as she tried to shake the images from the previous night, “This is out of my depth. I have seen people do bad things R’ao to survive, for fun, for many reasons. I once worked for a man that I thought was the most evil person there is but Simi is worse, so much worse. Jonathan did what he did for power, prestige and wealth. I don’t think Simi does any of these things for that, she is an Elite. Simi already had these things, I think this place here is a small sign of what she is capable of. It is not influence she wants, complete and total control R’ao, she is a lunatic. A sociopathic Lunatic that happens to be a genius.”

“She scared you, which is new. I don’t like you scared.” R’ao pulled her into a hug.

"Simi has Shola and his daughter, I don't like that. I have seen what she can do and I am afraid of what she would do to them if I try anything. It doesn't help that she has no moral base and that means there is nothing she will not do to get what she wants. Can you imagine how many Jasons are out there already because of her? R’ao, think about it. These people here are fundamentally related to people who occupy some sort of station in Nige, the next generation mostly. If they are under her beck and call, imagine the weight of what she can do.”

“I know, I know… when she used you against me, I understood the purpose of this place, why does she have Shola?.”

"Grand scheme of hers. She wants to battle Margaret for the throne basically so she controls me, then controls Ballan empire by extension."

"They will be fine as long as she needs them." R'ao assured her.

"I don't know... What if she does to them what she did to Abriel?" Koruna rested her head on his chest, “What are we going to do?”

“The Arks are not completely powerless you know, and you are Koruna Ballan. The name carries weight in both worlds, there is a reason you are here. It means she needs you, watch and learn from her as she takes from you. There will be a minute of weakness, make sure not to lose that opportunity then attack fiercely. Nobody is without weakness, Nobody! Not even her.”

“You are right, I’m floored on how she managed to turn Abriel. It’s disconcerting.”

“I’ll kill her.”

“I know, I heard you the first time.” Koruna smiled at him. R’ao walked with her slowly until they got to a corner, he pushed her against the wall and gave her a small kiss.

“Not that I have anything against your weird affinition for kissing me in public but you have been odd today. What is it?” Koruna asked.

“The chip is there, isn’t it?” R’ao felt her neck for the chip.