One grin

Chapter 37
One grin

“At least we have families, do you and even if you do, what have they done for you?” Mariam glowered.

Flora stared at Mariam blankly and smiled, “Touché young lady.” She clapped her hands sarcastically.

“No sense of boundaries at all. We talked smack about you but you had to drag our families into it or our lack of one thereof.” Lola joined Flora in the clapping.

Telih groaned and joined the clapping, Flank winced at what was about to happen and sighed. In a second, Flora had slammed Mariam to the wall and held her by the throat but not too tight as she whispered, “They taught me not be vulnerable to attack like a baby bird open for hunting season. Everyone bleeds Mariam, even the Elites.”

She released her, the rest of the crew had stopped the others from helping her.  Oni sat and watched the entire event happen without raising a single finger.

“Enough, I think we have had enough for today. No more pissing contests.” Bernie said while being surprised he was a voice of reason.

“We will come back another time, enjoy.” Flora said as she picked up her bag and walked out with the rest of them.

“They are intense.” Muel widened his eyes.

“Shut up!” They said to him at once.

“Don’t talk to my baby like that.” Emerald gasped.

“Shut it.” Mariam narrowed her eyes at her.

They spent some time and left later leaving Oni alone with Koruna.

“If that did not annoy you into waking up, I don’t know if anything ever will.”
...

“Call off our engagement, are you insane?” Precious screamed at R’ao.

“I’ll accept all the responsibility, you can go ahead and say you dumped me for whatever reason but I am no longer interested in continuing this sham.”

“Does your father know?” She asked.

“He will know shortly.” He turned to leave.

“This is because of that girl Koruna, is it not? She won’t ever wake up!!! She will be the death of you if you continue this way.” Precious screamed at him.

“Good, at least I’ll die happy rather than live miserably with you. You can tell your father whatever you want, I do not care.”

“You don’t care? Don’t you realize what my father would do to you? To your family? To the people you care about? To that girl Koruna?” She screeched.

“That is funny because you are implying that your father has the ability and the power to hurt me. Has your father ever tried to hurt me Precious ?” He asked in a voice completely void of emotion.

Precious swallowed and took a step backward, “Not yet but he would, he will not stand for his family being ridiculed.”

“I think you might have overestimated your father’s abilities Precious, and you have exaggerated the hold you think you have on me in your head. It is almost sad.” He smirked at and left her at her garden.

Her father walked towards her as R’ao left the house, “I told you he wasn’t worth it but you just had to try.”
Precious sobbed, “What does that girl have that I don’t Daddy?”

“Nothing sweetheart. The heart wants what the heart wants but aren’t you satisfied with her state of being? It is not what you want but isn’t it better that you know he would never be happy for as long as she remains unconscious?” Moses Makun patted his daughter’s head.