The Urge

Chapter 71
The Urge

Shola’s eyes did not betray any sort of fear as he looked at Koruna bravely and muttered the words, “I’ll be fine” to her.

“No, he won’t.” Simi countered. “What I am giving you is a first grade lesson in life, you should be thankful. I do not understand why you feel so compelled to care for him, he is a big part of the reason you were abandoned your entire life. You should resent him, it’s okay… I have faith, you’ll learn.”

“Wait… just wait please. Please. Why? Why are you doing this? What is the purpose? I don’t understand, you have me to control R’ao, why is Shola here?”

“Hmmmmm, okay. I’ll indulge you.”

“By now, you must have realized that Charles was once a member of the council, and we had the Ballan family on our side. Betsy was good at closing her eyes to the truth, she never did see people for what they were but rather who she wanted to be and so it was easy for Charles to serve the interests of the Council until he decided that it was not his duty anymore.” Simi ensured that Shola was listening to their conversation.

“Did you really think that Shola had no idea who and what Charles did?” Simi chuckled.

Shola took a deep breath and commented calmly, “Little girl, twisting reality to your dispositions has always been your greatest strength and also weakness. I told you to get that checked, didn’t I?”

Abriel punched him on his face, Shola grunted in pain. Koruna eyed Abriel in a way that promised pain and all sorts of suffering.

“Oh, I like my delusions Shola. It’s sad that you aren’t aware of your weaknesses, do you need me to tell you as well?” Simi goaded him.

“Know what I have noticed?” Koruna laughed without humor.

“Do tell me, trainee.”

“You like the sound of your voice, you talk and talk and talk. I mean, you could kill me with your words before you get around to torturing me.” She rolled her eyes.

Simi smirked, “Okay, I’ll stop talking and do more instead.” Simi pressed a button, the all too familiar pain started and at the same time, Abriel tied up Shola and forced a needle into his hand as she passed some kind of drug into his system.

Simi stopped after some minutes of hearing Koruna scream in pain, “Do you still think that me talking is all needless chatter? You see, when I kill people, break people, torture people. I think it is absolutely rude and discourteous not to let them know why. Knowledge breeds understanding my dear and yes, I do like the sound of my own voice and soon you’ll get to like it too.”

Koruna groaned in relief and dizzy from the pain, her hands were still fastened to the chair if not she would have reached for Simi and damned the consequences.

“Ready to listen to me now? Or do you need a refresher course on pain?” Simi teased.

“I’m good, go on.” She swallowed.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. As I was saying, since Charles death, we lost one of our territories if you will. There are no other words that best qualifies that influence, you can imagine how we had to navigate past Betsy to continue business as usual, it exerted way too much brain and manpower but now that she’s gone gone. You can guess who has the next invite to represent the Ballans on the seat of power?”

Koruna eyed her suspiciously, she was sweating and could barely catch up with the words coming from Simi’s lips,
“M..Margaret?”

“Bingo!!! There is a stumbling block towards achieving that and turning the wheels which would be Mr, Shola over here, although there is a plan B.” Simi looked pointedly at Koruna.