The Rescue 2

Chapter 34
The Rescue 2

The guards forced her down with her face to the ground, she had already lost so much blood and she was close to losing consciousness. She went in and out of consciousness, there was a loud sound that vibrated the room, for a second she thought that they were having an earthquake.
She was acutely aware that she was dancing the thin line between life and death.

Jason’s building was attacked with explosives as masked men in black shot at his men. There was a heavy shoot-out between both parties.

Flank and Telilah took cover as they used the chaos to get into the mansion. They were unaware of who the other party was but they were grateful for the opportunity. Flank had suspicions about who the attackers were but decided to keep it to himself as it could spell trouble for him. Flora had already given him a punch and he would not like to receive other hits if they found out what he was doing.

“Who do you think they are?" Telilah said as she hid behind a pillar, Lola was their lookout and as usual Flora was the getaway driver.

“I don’t know but they look well trained and highly organized. I wouldn’t want them against me.” 
Flank answered as they drew nearer to Koruna.

“I don’t think they understand the meaning of stealth, they came in literally gun blazing. You think this Jason guy kidnapped another person? They look angry.” Telilah commented on the brazen methods of the masked men.

“How can you tell, they are covered from head to toe!”  Flank replied while avoiding shots and bodies as the device read he was getting closer to Koruna. There seemed to be more activities going on beyond the shattered walls, they became more careful as they stepped into the room the broken walls revealed. Flank felt a round object pointed at his head as a deep voice rolled out.

“Who are you?” The masked man said.

Flank recognized the voice and removed his mask immediately, he would not want to lose his head to a misunderstanding. “I think you are here for the same reason, can we all play nice?”

R’ao recognized Flank and removed the gun pointed at him, he didn’t take off his mask but he walked past both of them with Oni behind him to the hidden room. He took a look around and saw that the place was filled with security cameras. He saw an image of Koruna on the ground with Jason who had a gun pointed at her and was bleeding profusely from the ear.

He opened the entrance to the room and came face to face with guns pointed at him and Jason who focused his gun on Koruna. He could not tell if she was alive or not, she was too stiff for his liking, he felt his rage build as he glowered at Jason. He raised his hands up and dropped his weapon in surrender. Oni hid at the corner while R’ao distracted them, their attention was on R’ao when he immediately ducked and left the room for Oni who opened fire on all of them  while avoiding Koruna.

The other victim had hidden behind a bed in the room and peeped as he watched the drama unfold. Jason pressed his gun on Koruna’s temple, “Enough, another step and I blow her brains out. Throw your guns my way!”

They paused and gently dropped their guns, “I said throw it…” R’ao slid and pushed him off Koruna, the gun went off and they looked at each other in shock. The bullet had just grazed R’ao’s arm, when he saw that, he wrestled the gun off Jason and punched him in the wounded ear. It was already bleeding before the hit, Jason went down in pain as he lost hold of his senses.

R’ao dragged him by the hair and threw him against the wall. Jason tried to crawl away from him, Oni held his right leg and pulled him back towards R’ao who changed his tactic and shot at every of his joint.