The Cowardly Prince -- Fix the Unfixable and Become Unbroken

Jake Velasquez

Jake found himself inside a huge corridor with big crystal chandeliers hanging down from it. He could see and hear that a teenager was walking quite happily to himself down the corridor in an adjacent room.

"Just another great day in my normal happy days" this teenager was smiling and laughing to himself.

Jake decided to follow him and turned invisible with his magic.

I need to find Eliza.

Jake heard this teenager contemplate about his life and learned from the many repeats about himself that it was Prince Macalister Maximilian Marbson. Everyone calls him Prince Mac as a nickname as it would be burdensome to say the whole name every time, he came over to someone.

"Alright you can come out now, I can sense your Dragonoid presence I'm no fool!" Prince Mac exclaimed.

Stupid human, now I must remove my invisibility to show off my crimson-red-colored Dragonoid form. I was still five feet ten and three quarters in this form. This really irked me to no end.

Jake revealed himself in his full Dragonoid form. It was natural for Dragonoids to be found in this world of Tangeroth. Therefore, Jake was happy that he didn't have to pretend to be human on Tangeroth.

"So, you're a Dragonoid then, but you seem out of place, or maybe a bit lost. Do you by any chance know Darius Velasquez, he is one of my best friends." The prince said. He didn't look surprised when he saw Jake.

Unless Dragonoids were in battle mode they weren't very frightening. Dragonoids even live on their own continent of Barmaeda Laverna.

"Yes, he is my Grandfather and he fell into depravity" Jake menacingly replied. Jake didn't want to go into any more specifics, He needed to find his cousin Eliza fast.

"My condolences, I was there when it happened, if you want, I can tell you exactly what happened and how it happened. The events are still fresh in my mind as it happened only four months ago. Anyways it's an honor to meet the grandson of Darius. Is your father Ramiro? and are you his oldest Eli? you look like a fine young Dragonoid." The Prince beamed at Jake.

"Yes, Ramiro is my father and No, I'm his younger brother Jake" Jake replied with showed indifference.

I hated the way that people confuse us. He only can seem to look like me because we both have crimson-red-colored scales. Everything about us is different. Humans think all Dragonoids look alike but we each have distinct features such as our eyes, snouts, mouths, and overall faces and physiques. We look different like humans look different but on a different scale of comparison.

You can follow me, you're the second Dragonoid to come here today. Why this young lass just wanted a room to stay in to calm down. She said something about a broken promise and was crying hysterically." The Prince replied.

"Do you know where that Dragonoid is by any chance. She is my cousin and I was sent to find her." Jake said.

I don't need to find out the very specifics of how Grandpa Darius fell into depravity right now, he can wait.

"Cousin you say, is it Lyla's Daughter then? Didn't her daughter have the name Eliza by any chance? She is in a bedroom down the hall, I'll show you where she is." The Prince said.

Jake felt a snippet of relief. Now I can go back home.

"Let's go to her now, I need to say sorry to her, it's my fault for breaking the promise we made." Jake said.