Training X Truth X Lies

"It's time for us to fight. Are you ready Eliza?" Jake said as he got into his standard Boxing stance he learned from my father. He placed my hands slightly outwards and on the sides of his head to prevent any head injury-based attacks.

Jake placed his left foot in front of him and his right foot in the back at a slight angle.

I fought in orthodox style and so did Eliza. We both were wearing full boxing gear that I had amongst my various types of training equipment, it's better to be safe than sorry.

"Well then come at me or shall I take the first shot" Eliza had taunted first then beckoned Jake to come over to her side of the training field.

Jake came towards her with some sloppy movements, it was a complete fake out to test the waters.

I pretended like I was still a beginner even though Eliza knew the truth about how I can fight. This was our first official fight in a while. This was because we went all out by fighting dummies for fun. They were Bob Sagat dummies. They were really called just Bob dummies, but I called them Bob Sagat. The name is a combination of people that are known to be both fictional and real. There was Sagat from Street Fighter, a video game I used to play at arcades and Bob Saget an American stand-up comedian, actor, and television host. They were reinforced dummies that still were broken down by our immense strength.

Jake tentatively aimed for Eliza's head with a straight jab. He then feinted to the left then pretended to lose his footing a little.

Eliza took that for her advantage over Jake. She seemed more balanced than him.

I knew better. She just didn't want to look like a beginner.

"Hah stop with the fake fighting. You are pretending like you never trained before. This is stupid. For fun I used to take some boxing classes and Karate, but I stopped once I got lazy and pretended to injure myself after a fight five years ago when we were both nine. I did this, so I could train in more advanced techniques in my personal dungeon in private with you. It was fun back then for the two of us to train and fight like you did back then. It's not just for me but for you as well." Eliza said with a wantonly hopeful look.

"Fine" Jake sighed. "I'll be serious this time."

Eliza pivoted herself towards Jake and punched through his façade of weak defenses. She then jabbed his abdomen.

Jake keeled over with a grimace. It hurt. She wanted me to feel as if I was in a real fight and feel regret over pretending to suck at fighting. I was in temporary pain, but it will heal. It always does. It's not even a flesh wound.

Jake stood up slowly. "Again" he shouted. "I want to start over from the beginning this time" Jake got back into his stance and completely changed his fighting style and left no openings. He made sure that his feet were carefully lightly planted to the ground.

Jake constantly moved around the arena they were fighting in. This time I would let her try to make a preemptive strike.

Jake and Eliza jumped around the field with several different footwork techniques that they practiced before we even started punching Bob Sagat.

Now we have plenty of time to train. The time span of our training will feel like a thousand years. We can do this.

As time passed Jake and Eliza both mastered the art of boxing so fast it's like they didn't even move from their starting position. Yet they both felt the pain of each other's blows. Jake finally learned how to jab, cross, punch, and uppercut in boxing more effectively and efficiently. Jake's footwork also was getting better by a large amount.