1: Sport festival Arc

On the day of the written exam, she watched as the hopeful teenagers walked around the school grounds excited and nervous.

On the day of the practical exam, she watched the teenagers through the screens hanging all over the room. Actually, she was not allowed to be there, but she had resisted because of her interest in her future classmates. Surprisingly, a lot of time passed before she was discovered. She was able to watch more than 2 rounds of the exam before she was found and allowed to be taken out without resistance.

It was the first time she had seen people her age use their Quirk and she was fascinated. Like a child, she looked forward to the day when she would really get to know them.

...

Hero aspirants bustled around the UA corridors, looking for their way to their rooms. Kaede sat down in the back centre of the classroom, where she had no one behind her, but where even two comrades could sit next to her. More and more students entered the room, who seemed to know each other already. A bitter feeling crept up her body as she bit her lip and watched the students standing together in groups while she sat alone. There was another who sat alone and only lifted his head when a green-haired boy entered the room. She had already seen him during the practical exam, so she was not surprised when many of the students ran to him excitedly and greeted him.She looked around frantically and almost fell off her chair when she suddenly saw a girl standing next to her who had a striking appearance. "Hey girl, my name is Mina Ashido and yours?" Relief flooded through her when she was addressed first. "I'm Kaede Miharu, it's nice to meet you." Mina sat down on the chair in front of her and leaned on Kaede's desk. "So, do you think anything exciting will happen today?" Kaede already knew that today they would get an overview of the students' Quirk and then go to the dormitory together. "No."

...

Aizawa here teacher. She knew it already, of course, but still she was happy not to have been left completely alone. It was a difficult situation, a new situation for each of them and yet Kaede felt as if only she was struggling with it. They went through the various tests. Kaede could have done better on any of them, but it was enough for her to stay in the middle. How would her classmates react if she were the best, would they treat her differently? Well, perhaps it was not entirely true that she could easily have done better. Kaede would have had to open herself up to her classmates' feelings in order to use her own, and she didn't want that at this point. Aizawa's eyes were on her the whole time. To watch her, to look out for her, to erase her quirk if necessary, it didn't matter. The whole thing with Izuku's Quirk and his self-destructive side, she wanted to know more about it and she knew she would.

She had already seen the dormitory, but now that the students were also standing in the common rooms and having the rules explained to them by Aizawa, she could not help but be filled with pride. Not really proud, but she felt happy to have made it this far. "Kaedeeee!" She turned and saw Mina rushing towards her. " We want to look at all the rooms and then decide which one is the nicest, are you coming?" Behind Mina stood the others, smiling at her. "Lets go."Kaede's room was on the same corridor as Bakugo, Eijiro and Denki's on one side and Mina and Kyoka's on their side. Bakugo was in his room and no one dared to open the door, so they looked at Eijiro's manly room and the others too until they joined Kaede's. When they saw the Violin on the wall, they where jumping around. "Woooow you can play the violin?" Nervously, Kaede put her hand on the back of her head. "Yes, a little I hope that won't bother you." "Of course not, it's totally cool." She smiled at Denki. Except for the violin, there was nothing special about her room. A bookshelf on the wall, a desk, clothes racks, a bed and a bunch of lights and decorations.In the end, she had not won the competition, but she felt comfortable among her friends. Yes, friends. They still played together that evening, watched TV and enjoyed each others company. She was not good with everyone in the class, but she would change that. Someday. Someday, if she could muster the courage to talk to other people.

That night, when everyone went to bed and the moon and the stars in the sky were shining, she cried in bed. The tears just flowed down her cheeks, without her knowing why. She felt relieved, as if a burden she had been carrying around with her for a long time was finally falling away from her. Maybe that's why the tears fell, maybe they fell because she had a nice time with friends her age, maybe they fell because she was proud to finally be at that moment when her life would begin. For the first time since she came to the UA at the age of 11, she finally felt in the right place. She was happy, but eleven-year-olds did not belong to a school for high school students. Now that time had caught up with her, everything was as it should be.