Chapter 54

"An exercise with the A and one from the general department? Do we learn anything at all there?" Itzka shut Neito up with a well-aimed blow. "Aizawa created the exercise, it's not to be trifled with." When the 1B and Shinsou entered the hall where the 1A were training, they turned pale. Four students were hanging from the ceiling, tied with Aizawa's scarf. Todoroki, Midoriya, Bakugo and Miharu, while Aizawa beat up the other students. "Do we have to take part in this too?" Vlad King ignored Neito. "Aizawa!" Aizawa knocked over the last students as he turned to the newcomers. "There you are." Kaede pulled free of the scarf and fell 5 metres. As soon as she hit the ground, she ran to Shinsou. "Toshi! Are you joining the training today?" Before Shinsou could answer, Aizawa interfered. "Kaminari, Ashido, get up! Sero, get out of that corner! Gather everyone here!" Only when everyone had gathered did Aizawa begin to explain. "We're going to hold an exercise for the rest of the day. Hide and seek." The students became loud. "Hide and seek?" "We are playing a children's game?" "Silence!" "You students will be divided into teams of two times 21. You will play against each other. You will hide and we teachers will have to look for you. You may not fight until you have been found and you may run away. If you have been touched, you must go to the prisons assigned to the teams. From there you will be released when the other group's baby has been caught." "Baby?" "Stop undercutting me. Now, where was I? Each group chooses a baby at the beginning. This baby must not use the Quirk throughout the exercise. It must also be carried when a teacher makes contact because it cannot run away by itself. Logical?" "What is the point of the baby?" Izuku answered this question. "The two groups have no reason to rival each other. However, if by the baby the team gets free again, the teams will chase each other's babies." "Thank you Izuku. So, we'll play Class A plus All might against Class B plus Shinsou. Choose your babies and then share them with me."

They sprinted off as soon as the door to the USJ opened. Kaede stumbled and fell down a few steps. "Which one of you tripped me?" Itzka eyed Neito sharply, but he defended himself. "Not me!" "Shit, my leg hurts." "The exercise has already started, you don't have much time." Kaede stood up and limped down the stairs until Katsuki intervened. "You're taking too long Lightbulb!" "I know, I know!" "Some shit man." Katsuki came back up to her. "I'll carry you." He carried her on his back to the others. Izuku All, might and Hanta joined them. "Did they buy it?" "Everything is going according to plan." Kaede slid off Katsuki's back as soon as they were out of sight. "On to the tower block level then ." Katsuki walked beside Kaede as he asked the question. "So who is this 'Toshi'?" "Izuku had fought him at the sports festival, right? Now he's trying to switch to the hero course." "And how do you know him so well?" Confused, she eyed Katsuki. "Aizawa asked me to train him in combat. Since then, well, we see each other more often." "I see." Katsuki went back to All might without another word. Kaede shook her head beside Izuku. "I can't see through him." Izuku could and he actually thought Kaede saw it too. Either she was blind, or she didn't want to admit it.

They were hiding on one floor in a random highrise. "Shouldn't we be planning who carries who when they find us?" All might interjected. "We have Hanta, Izuku and Katsuki. Izuku is the fastest and Hanta the most agile." "And what am I?" "With your Quirk, it's not easy to carry a human at the same time, is it? Yeah, that's what I thought." Kaede turned to Izuku. "To protect me it would be best if I went with you, but it would also be conspicuous. What do you think?" "Kacchan should definitely go with all might to keep the swindle going. I will then also go with all might, you with Hanta." "Okay." "I will also tie tape around your leg to make the injury look believable." "Do that." While Hanta bandaged her leg, Izuku continued with the plan. "If someone finds us we will split up and find each other at the slide. If we lose All might it will be obvious that Kaede is the baby, so then gather everyone back here." "And when will we attack the B?" "For now, no. We wait." "That's a fucked up plan Deku."

They waited. The sounds of fighting could already be heard, but so far no one had approached the tower block. Or so they thought. Pink mist crept in under the door. "Midnight is here!" Everyone jumped up and made their way to the window. "All might first!" Izuku ran down the wall of the building at a super fast speed while Katsuki followed him with explosions. Then Hanta jumped. Kaede clawed at his shoulders and wrapped her legs tightly around his torso as her stomach somersaulted. "Are you okay?" She felt a little nauseous. "Mhh." With his tape, he swung over to another building and landed on the roof. They had a good view. Izuku, All might and Katsuki were surrounded. Not by teachers, though, but by students from the other class. 10 students. "Hanta, you have to help them." "But I can't leave you here alone." "It's okay. See that ventilation shaft there? I'll wait here and if something happens I'll leave." He nodded hesitantly. "They'll rip my head off if we lose." "Then make sure they only win down there because of you." Hanta jumped and Kaede disappeared.

"What happened? Why weren't the others released?" Neito stood in front of the remaining group of his class. "Seems like All might wasn't the baby." "But we spent half an hour delivering him! We staked everything on him being the baby!" "Who else could it be?" Itzka interjected, "Do you remember who was also carried away when All might escaped from the building?" "Kaede, but she's hurt too." "I know Kaede. She doesn't avoid a fight because of a puny injury. She could have helped All might, but her safety was prioritised because..." the others finished their sentence "...she is the baby."