Chapter 66

They walked through the corridors of the house of horrors for a while longer. "Do you also feel this heat?" The students nodded. " They are facing Dabi. I can feel it." Midnight looked at Kaede. "You know who?" "Three." "That must be Deku, Icy-hot and Allmight!" "How far away?" "Behind the wall." "Can you sense others?" "I can sense Aizawa and other individuals, but I can't judge the distances." Midnight pondered. Her gaze darted back and forth between the wall and the students. "Kyoka, can you tell me what's going on behind the wall?" Kyoka stepped up to the wall and tilted her head. She listened for what felt like an eternity. "He's trying to persuade them to join him with the villains, but they're not fighting yet. He's talking about Endeavor and Allmight." "What wall do we have to break through to surprise him from behind?" They positioned themselves. Midnight explained to the students exactly what they had to do. While Momo, Tsuyu and Kyoka stood by Kaede, who was now leaning against the wall, the others prepared to push through the wall. With a violent explosion, Katsuki blew up the wall. Eijiro ran forward and was immediately attacked by Dabi. He hardened and tried to dodge, but Dabi took him in a firm grip and pushed him to the floor. At that moment, Midnight was already there. She clung to Dabi's back and used her Quirk, but he yanked her off him and threw her against the nearest wall. Izuku caught Midnight while Shoto attacked Dabi, but he made a run for it. As he ran past the girls, he tried to fire a blaze at them, but Kyoka stopped him with an attack. "Is everyone okay?" Izuku checked out the girls with Midnight in his arms. "Kaede you don't look well." " Young Miharu, what on earth happened? We need to get you and Nemuri out of here now." "We should go after that bastard," Katsuki objected, but no one was paying attention. "Young Kirishima, young Bakugo, can you carry the injured? Midoriya, you please protect our backs, Todoroki and Jirou please move forward." Katsuki went to Kaede and lifted her. Now that everything was calm again, she had lost consciousness again. "Young Jirou, can you let me know if you hear anyone else from us?" "Yes Allmight." They walked around the horror house for a while until Kyoka spoke up, "There's a larger group of students behind that wall." Izuku broke through the wall. Aizawa's scarf wrapped directly around him, but released him when Aizawa realised the situation. "Is everyone gathered here now?" One of the professional heroes looked around. "Is everyone all right? Is anyone hurt?" Katsuki and Eijiro came up behind Aizawa. "What happened?" "In Kaede's case, it's a villain's Quirk that did something to her bones. Midnight was thrown against a wall by Dabi, she has burns too." Aizawa looked at the injuries for a moment longer before turning back to Allmight. "I'm glad you're all right. Anything else?"

...

"We are lucky that Kaede and Nemuri are the only ones injured. So we can prevent a riot among the press and parents." Aizawa put his hands on the table. "The whole thing seems strange to me. This attack was only half thought out and not well executed. What was their goal?" Nezu replied, "They want to either kill the students or make them villains too. The students may be more likely to become villains if they know the villains can attack at any time and the heroes are unable to protect them." "Shouldn't we tell the students so that they are armed?" "Not yet."

...

"Considering how deep your wounds were, you're getting back on your feet very quickly." "Recoverygirl has set every bone. Everything is where it belongs." "Sounds good." They sat together around the dining table without having cooked. "So that was our next villain attack already." "Don't hang your head like that Tenya. We will be heroes. It doesn't matter if we fight the villains now or in 10 years." Ochako spoke up, "Yes, it does make a difference. If we defeat the villains now, we save a lot of people. We have to look at it positively. We are all doing well, aren't we?" The others nodded. "Guys, I can't stand this rotten atmosphere," Kaede complained. "We need to get some vibes in here!" Katsuki, Hanta and Kaede ended up in the kitchen while the others prepared everything in the living room. "We have to cook something special, something unique!" "And what?" Hanta looked around the room. "We could make potato gratin. We have everything we need for that." Kaede stood in the middle of the room and looked around. "Sounds good, what dessert?" "Tiramisu?" She looked at Katsuki. "Do you know how to make it?" "Of course." 

"They are all thinking about the attack." "I know." Katsuki sat down next to Kaede on the veranda. "And you, are you thinking about it?" Katsuki replied while looking at her face. "I think about how I could have done more. I think about-" He bit his lips. When her eyes found his, he exhaled in relief and kept talking. "If I hadn't rushed forward to fight, you wouldn't have been hurt. I think of how you knocked the villains down in one blow, even though you were finished and had no strength left. If I had thought-" she interrupted him. "I don't want to hear if from you. You fought because you are you. You fought to protect the others and I followed you to protect you." His heart leapt when she smiled. "Do you want to know how I was still able to stand despite my injuries? How I knocked out the villains?" He nodded. She took his hand and held it up. "You were holding my hand at that moment, remember? You gave me the strength to finish those guys off just because you were there. So don't blame yourself just because I was in some pain. I'm fine now." They looked at each other until Kaede averted her eyes. She stared at her hands, still clasped together. Katsuki had not pulled his hand away. They were enjoying the cool evening breeze. They saw Aizawa already approaching from afar and pulled their hands away. Aizawa eyed them both. "Hawk's mission has been approved." Puzzled, Kaede looked up. "Even after what happened today?" "Hawks had actually already withdrawn the request, but the Hero Committee wants to go through with it. The UA, as well as Hawks, are forced to participate." Kaede's brow furrowed darkly. "Let's go inside so I can explain the rules for the mission."