Chapter 52

"Isn't it time for Eri to go?" "Actually, it is..." At the next pause, Kaede took Eri aside. "Eri, actually it's bedtime now, how are you feeling?" "I, I..." It was still difficult for her to talk about her feelings, but Kaede didn't want to put words in her mouth either when she asked Eri if she wanted to stay. "What do you think about being here?" "There are so many people here, they're so cool! And, and Deku and you are here, and more friends for me! Because in my room, it's just me." Kaede had a hand on Eri's cheek. "When you're alone in your room, you can always come to us, yeah? I want you to be happy. Are you happy if I take you back to your room, or are you happy if you stay here still?" Eri looked around the room. "Happy when I'm here!" "What about Aizawa, won't he get angry if we don't keep to the times?" "Don't be so tense Izuku. I'll take Eri away as soon as she wants to sleep, he won't notice that she was in her room later. Normally he probably would, but he's not at the UA compound right now, so relax." Izuku was not relaxed, even though Eri kept pulling and smiling at him.

"She's tired." Eri yawned as she walked over to Kaede and Izuku, some students behind her. "It's already night time, what do we do now?" "I have my ways, I'll take her away." "Aizawa will kill you, I swear." "To kill me he must accuse me of a crime and I have no intention of leaving any evidence." Kaede turned to Mina. "Can you get me my black blanket from upstairs?" Mina nodded and disappeared, by which time Kaede had already knelt before Eri. "Eri, you know it's forbidden for you to be here this late, right?" "Yes." She rubbed her eyes. "So I have to bring you back secretly, without anyone seeing you." "Like a ninja?" "Yes, like a ninja. But I also thought a bit like a wizard." "A wizard?" "Yes a wizard. Because I'm going to take you away with magic, so you have to close your eyes. Close them really tight, and don't open them until I say so, or the magic won't work." Eri had closed her eyes. "Not yet, not until soon." Kaede tied the blanket around Eri after it was hanging on Kaede's back. Mina pulled the blanket over Eri. "Now close your eyes." Her classmates stood around her as Kaede walked to the door. "You're terrible with children. What are you? A kangaroo, a monkey?" She eyed Katsuki with a cool expression. "I'm a spider." As she disappeared into the darkness, Denki explained, "Female spiders eat the males." "Yeah, no shit Sherlock."

"Hold your breath, will you? We're floating right now, then we're lighter." It was perfect to run undetected across the meadows with Eri. It was only when Kaede needed access to the building that it became difficult. It was easier with one person than with two. Kaede pushed Eri through the shafts in front of her, holding her hand for safety to immediately suppress any rising panic. It was an advantage that Eri was already half asleep. They were in front of the last bar before Eri's room when Kaede froze. Aizawa had just come out of the door. His hair hovered over him, his eyes glowing red. "Oh shit, he's not in a good mood." "I'll kill them." "Shit, Izuku was right." Aizawa trudged down the hall. If he kept up the pace she would have a little more time. As Aizawa disappeared around the corner, Kaede hurriedly took Eri down. With Eri in her arms, she opened the door again and laid the girl in the bed. "Sleep now, will you?" "Can I keep my eyes closed?" "Yes, sweetie. You can."

Kaede ran for her life. She ran like she had never run before, because villains were nothing compared to a bad-tempered Aizawa with a sleep deficit. She couldn't catch up with him. He was already in the dormitory when she climbed through a window. "You were in charge Izuku! Where is Kaede? Why isnt Eri in her bed?" Kaede feigned a yawn as she descended the stairs. "Why are you here, what's going on?" Aizawa's scarf detached from Izuku and pulled Kaede towards her instead. "I have set you one condition. One. Eri is to be in bed before bedtime. She's not there. Izuku and you are responsible for this. Shall I expel you from school? Arrest you? Believe me Kaede, I can-" "But Eri has been asleep for a long time." Aizawa looked at her from tired eyes, annoyed and angry. "Don't play games with me Kaede. I was in Eri's room. A room without Eri in it. I have no guile to make such a drama out of it, but you leave me no choice-" "You're blind." The other students trembled with fear. Inwardly, at least. At least Izuku was trembling behind Aizawa. "Take another good look to make sure you haven't overlooked little Eri in her bed." "I've had enough. You're coming with me." He turned and looked down at Izuku. "You too." Izuku nodded tentatively. As Aizawa escorted them both out, the others looked after them. "She'll drive them to ruin yet." "Aizawa will kill them both." "Guys, trust her a little. What do you think she just did?"

Aizawa had overtaken the two at the halfway point. He muttered angrily to himself while the others struggled to keep up. He yanked open the door to Eri's room. Eri was a small heap under her blanket. He closed the door again and turned around. Izuku and Kaede held his gaze. "You sow what you reap, don't you?" His hair fell and he stroked his clothes. "Yes, it's all in your upbringing." He smiled and Kaede replied with a smile. "Get out of my sight before I punish you for sneaking around." "Of course, teacher."

"Kaede, you're giving me sweats." "Don't you trust me?" "I trust you. It's just that the combination of you and Aizawa does me no good." "Oh I'm sorry, but it was funny, wasn't it? Just think how much fun Eri had."

"Guys, they're back!" "Alive?" "They look alive."