Chapter 18

Kaede closed her eyes and tried to bring order into the chaos. She didn't know how long she sat there, how long Katsuki had his hand on her shoulder, but at some point they were interrupted. "Kaede, Katsuki!" Tsuyu and Ochako came running. "Are you all right? We saw a huge explosion of light, I think everyone saw it." "Then we need to get out of here, we need to get everyone to safety." Kaede stood up, though everything in her resisted. "Ochako, can you use your Quirk on Fumikage, mezo and Izuku so we can carry them easier?" Ochako's eyes snapped open. "Izuku and..." Upset, she turned and ran to Mezo and Fumikage. Behind Mezo was Izuku, who had lost consciousness. "What...what happened?" Ochako stroked his arms. "We don't have time for this shit. If the villains come again you'll only be in my way when I fight." Kaede jabbed her elbow into katsuki's side. "I can try to carry them with my tongue when they're weightless." "Good." Ochako and Tsuyu led the way while Katsuki and Kaede supported each other. Katsuki's foot was hurt from the explosion and every step hurt him, even if he didn't admit it. Kaede, on the other hand, felt weak. She had used up too much of her strength and was extremely tired. She would have liked to just close her eyes, but she wasn't finished yet. If she hadn't been so tired, she might have noticed something before. They had been running for some time, were close to their destination, and then, at the last moment, everything went wrong. Kaede felt Katsuki stop beside her and looked around in surprise, but did not stop. Behind him, a warp gate had opened and a hand was around his neck, slowly pulling him inside. There was panic in his gaze, his eyes wandered wildly and he tried to dislodge the hand from his neck. Kaede tried to reach for him but he turned away. "Get away." He forced it out through clenched teeth and Kaede just shook her head. "You fucking little stubborn bastard, I'm not leaving you alone with them." She realised she couldn't pull him out of the gate, so she held onto his shirt and jumped after him.

...

"What." Aizawa stood motionless in front of his crying students. Tsuyu held Ochako, who could not calm down. "They... They were right behind us! The villains pulled Katsuki through the warp gate and Kaede.... She said she wouldn't leave him alone and just jumped in after him." "If only we had paid more attention..." Aizawa knelt in front of the two and put his hand on their shoulder. "No. You did everything you could do. Each of you fought hard tonight. You protected Izuku, Mezo and Fumikage, now we will make sure we save Katsuki and Kaede." They nodded. "Better go join the others, now you should be together." Aizawa turned his back on them. He had seen the explosion of light and moved directly in that direction, but by the time he got there, Kaede was gone. He knew perfectly well that she had finally used her entire Quirk to fight, presumably to save her comrades, but now no one could know how she was dealing with it. Maybe it was too much for her and she would lose control. But Aizawa trusted her. She was no longer the little girl who had no control over her feelings and Quirk. She had become strong and she had made a strong decision when she had followed Katsuki. "You really want to save, don't you?" But both of them were in danger. They were with the villains and now the professionals had to act to save them...."It's unfortunate, but I think it was the right decision to give her the narcotic, now we can have a little chat with you, Katsuki Bakugo." Shigaraki stood in front of Katsuki, who was tied to a chair, and took off his muzzle. Behind him stood the other villains, watching Katsuki suspiciously. "I will finish you off until none of you can stand!" "Now, now, let's look at what your teachers have to say first." Kurogiri turned on a screen on the wall that was showing a press conference involving Eraserhead, Vlad King and Principal Nezu. "Yes, I have given the students permission to fight. I did it so they could defend themselves against the villains." Nezu supported Aizawa's argument, "Most of the students were injured by a gas attack, which was only prevented by the intervention of Tetsutetsu and Kendo. Other students were injured in direct combat with the villains. It was only because the students intervened and protected each other that some of the villains were captured." "Do the captured villains equal the two abducted students? Katsuki Bakugo is already showing aggressive behaviour, if he is now spending time with the villains, what prevents it, what promises us that he will not join them? And the girl, Kaede Miharu. The behaviour at the sports festival clearly shows that she would rather die than lose. Do you trust her to die rather than join the villains?" The camera focus was on Aizawa, who was leaning on the table and staring angrily at the reporter. There was something dangerous in his voice as he emphasised the first three words intensely, "As their teacher, I know both of them. Kaede doesn't care about winning or losing, she wants to protect. That's why she followed Bakugo through the portal to the villains, because she wanted to save him. Katsuki Bakugo has strong ideals. He wants to be a top superhero, not a villain. If the villains misinterpreted that, now they have to live with the consequences." "The UA is already working closely with the police to locate the villains' whereabouts and rescue both hostages." "Exactly as he says. You must now live with the consequences. Did you really think I would join you? The LOV?" Shiagraki was about to reply, but a beep sounded from Kaede's direction. "Didn't you search her?!" "Yes we did!" Dabi rushed to Kaede and tried to find out where the sound was coming from. She was still unconscious. "Her arm!" He held her arm up, right to his ear. "Something's under the skin, here. Toga, come here." Everyone watched as Toga pulled out a knife. "Don't you dare even touch her with that." Katsuki glared dangerously at Toga, but Shigaraki put himself in his sights. "What are you going to do, Bakugo? You were already helpless when you arrived here." "You're lucky she's unconscious, at least that way she won't notice anything." "You're lucky she's unconscious, otherwise she'd finish you all off at once." Toga set to a clean cut and reached into the wound. "Mhhh, where are you? Ahh, there's something." She pulled out a small chip from which sounded. It was full of blood and blood was also oozing from Kaede's arm. "Clean up this mess. Wet, do something about it." Shigaraki stepped towards Dabi, who had taken the chip from Toru. "What's that beeping?" Dabi looked at Shigaraki. "It's a problem. It could be a tracking device." The other villains held their breaths, all except Dabi. The others avoided Tomura's gaze and cautiously turned away, but Dabi wiped the blood off the chip and showed Tomura a sign on it. "Do you recognise this? Nothing from the UA" Wet Death stood up and eyed the chip. "Ahahhaha I don't believe it. This girl was in Tartarus?" Incensed, Shigaraki turned to him. "What are you talking about?" "The mark, Tartarus mark. The chip is put in inmates from Tartarus. Location, breakout alarms, anything that controls villains." "So she's a rogue?" "They have our location." The villains froze. Katsuki smiled victoriously. "See, the heroes will come and you will drop like flies." Dabi took the chip and stepped on it, making the noise stop, but they were too late.