Chapter 69

Hawks greeted her with a guilty conscience. "I didn't know things would turn out like this. If you expose yourselves to this danger, from now on you are also real heroes. I have spared no expense or effort to ensure that you are well, even if I have to abide by certain rules. You girls can make yourselves comfortable in Kaede's appartment. Go ahead while I show the boys around. Be in my office in 20 minutes." "You have your own appartment here?!" Excited, Mina followed Kaede into the lift. "I stayed at Hawks a lot when I was little. He wasn't just my brother then, we went through missions together. It's just convenient to have space here. But it's not the whole floor just for me. Hawks has his kitchen here with me and two guest rooms.Besides..." Kaede scanned a card and entered a security code. "...I'm not the only one who lives here." Mina's eyes widened and she thought. The lift door opened and Mina was thrown out of her thoughts. First she only felt pressure on her stomach and chest that made her gasp, then her eyes went black and she felt something wet on her face. "Kera, Roki, don't." Mina was free again and Kaede helped her up, only to look at two dogs nuzzling innocently around Kaede's legs. "The one with the white fur is Kera, the one with the black is Roki." "Dogs?" "Yeah, is that okay with you?" Mina enthusiastically got down on her knees and petted the cuties. "Cute little doggies! Who's a good doggie? You! Yes, and you too!" Kaede watched Mina kiss the dogs on the noses, leaning against the fur. "We don't have much time, would you like me to show you the rest?" Mina nodded, excited again. "Come on then." The dogs hung behind Kaede with every step. "This is the kitchen. It's huge, but the only thing Hawks has ever used is the microwave." "It's really huge." She saw bowls on the floor. "But doggies need lots of food too!" Kaede showed her the bathroom and then her own room. There was a dog bed in the corner, which Kera and Roki immediately commandeered. Kaede's bed was huge, with heaps of pillows on it. A desk and heaps of plants. "Looks cute. A similar style to your other room." "I'm bothered that my books are all in the UA, but otherwise it's great. So, which of the guest rooms do you want to sleep in so we can finally put your stuff down?" "Can't I sleep with the dogs?" Kaede laughed and looked at her bed. "Well, I think there's enough room on my bed for both of us." Mina beamed. While Kaede put the bags away, Mina had disappeared between the dogs. "Let's go to Hawks already." Kaede led Mina to a staircase. "His office is right up here?" Kaede smirked. "He doesn't have an office. He bums around up there and sometimes jumps off the roof, that's all. He just says it's his office to sound organised. On the lower floors, pretty much everyone has an office except the boss. By the way, the lowest floors are rented out. You can find various shopping outlets on the third floor." "Sounds great." They were overtaken on the last few steps by the dogs, who sprinted up the stairs and began to growl. Although Hawks distracted them with some feathers, the boys always stayed in the dogs' line of sight. "Shhh, relax, they're friends." "Where the hell did you get dogs now?" As Katsuki talked, the dogs started barking loudly again. "Kera, Roki. Quiet." They lay down in a blanket in the corner and buried their muzzles in their paws. "Do you really have the whole floor under here?" "Well, you can share the huge kitchen." Kaede looked around searchingly and put her hands on her hips when she saw Hawks sitting in the corner with the dogs, Mina halfway to keeping him company. "Leave the dogs alone, come here and educate us." "Oh, sorry." As he stood up, the dogs also ran back to the group. Kaede was about to shoo them away with a groan, but this time they sniffed peacefully. Kera wagged her tail and almost knocked Hanta over. "The one in white is called Kera, the black one is Roki." "So you're a dog mama." As Katsuki spoke Roki growled very briefly. "Looks like my dog kids don't like you." "Like I care."

They sat around a table as Hawks began to fill in the details about the mission. "I am happy for each of you to take part in this mission. But it will be difficult, very difficult. You will get behind enemy lines." The students looked at each other, doubt in their eyes, but also determination. Hawks pushed several folders onto the table. "As you know the LoV has recently formed, however there are heaps of other factions of villains with different goals. Rumours are spreading. Rumours within the ranks of the villains that they are gathering for something big. We need to find out who they're gathering, who's organising it, what the target is, special quirks, all that. But we also have to find out if it's really true. It could be a diversion from something else. There are three important places or groups I will send you to." He opened a folder. "First, the most important place: a laboratory where Quirks are studied. It's a huge complex of buildings, so there can't just be the registered lab in there. They study the effects of Quirks and how to use them in a positive way." "So like the pills that increase powers and the thing about Eri?" Izuku suddenly had a notepad in front of him. Hawks nodded gravely. "Yes, however the registered lab is acting under the legal restrictions. But it's to be expected that there's heaps of illegal stuff going on behind it, because..." He dug out a second folder. "What I call them, the transporters. Children disappear from the streets, old people from old people's homes. They're approached by people and go with them willingly, but never reappear." "You suspect they end up in the lab?" "Yes. These two groups are definitely working together. If we can find more clues to the target, we can prevent bad things from happening. Thus the third location: the parcel station." "The parcel station?" "Yes, the parcel station. You have to find out where the lab sends parcels, who picks them up and who delivers them and whats inside." "That's a lot of tasks all at once." Hawks nodded again and sat back. "That's why I'm splitting you up. Fumikage will monitor the transporters with me. I've registered you all with the lab, but because of the grades only Bakugo, Midoriya and Káede were taken. That leaves Ashido and Sero for the parcel station. Now the question is whether you can handle the requirements, so let's go through them again.

It turned out to be a long morning. They sat there for ages discussing important details with Hawks.