Chapter 17

"He's right there." They walked the last few steps until they came to the clearing. Shoto and Katsuki were fighting a villain who was sending blades at them. "You fucking villain, die already!" Katsuki sent explosions at him, while Shoto pelted him with ice. "You know what?" Kaede's voice vibrated and her aura caught the attention of the fighting men. "I would have expected more from you. Does it take you this long to defeat a single villain? I guess I'm lucky you haven't kicked the bucket yet. Well, I'm not here to fight. This is all really getting on my nerves. I came here to have fun with friends. Actually, I was just about to go to sleep, and now I end up here. I have to collect everyone, but I put myself through that. I just want to get all this over with quickly, so do me a favour and fucking do what I say!" As Kaede talked, golden light built up around her and the ground crumbled. "Oh yaaa I want to see her cut open!" The villain stood up, excited. "Come on then." He didn't need to be told twice and ran towards her. She grinned as she lashed out with her foot, wrapping the golden light around it. With a heavy crack and crash, she kicked the villain in the side. He flew off, straight into a tree, its roots uprooted. Shocked, the others stared at her. Shoto whispered to Katsuki. "She defeated him with one kick." "I saw it, you idiot!" Kaede turned to both of them. "We will go to the shelter together now. I don't want to see you all scattered here in the forest. The more we are, the bigger the target we represent. Besides, we need to get Izuku and Mezo to a doctor." "But I'm fine, we can look for the others." Kaede gave Izuku a withering look, "Izuku." she stared. "I swear one more word from you and I'll rip your arms off so you can never use them again. I can feel the pain that is being suppressed by your adrenaline right now and I'm telling you, dying is easier."

"Something's coming." Everyone turned in the direction Mezo was pointing. Five figures stepped through the bushes. Villains."Ahhh, we meet again now, right Kaede?" Wet death emphasised her name in a vile, disgusting way. "How did you get here, you were at the dorm, you were..." "Well, the dorm wasn't exactly heavily guarded, was it?" He smiled grimly. Dabi stepped forward. "The mission is dragging on far too much. Take one from the list, hurt the rest enough to make news. Kill that one." They attacked immediately, not hesitating, but neither did the students. "The one with the blue clothes is draining your fluids, don't let him touch you!" Mezo was still carrying Izuku on his back, who provided a target, so Fumikage tried to watch their backs while Airin kept shooting wind balls at them. Shoto was fighting a beautiful girl who wore butterfly antennae and wings. The wings shone in beautiful colours and when she spread them, Shoto reacted more slowly, as if he were in a trance. She was able to dodge all his attacks. Two villains stood opposite Katsuki. One of them, the one in front, was tall and muscularly built. Every time Katsuki fired a blast at him and got too close, the fight shifted to hand-to-hand combat. With one kick, the villain split the ground, tripping Katsuki up. The other villain was thin and petty and did absolutely nothing but keep his hand on the other villain's back throughout when he used his Quirk and split the ground. Izuku had a good view from Mezo's back. He watched the petty villain and it was only when the muscular villain used his Quirk and it was weaker without the hand on his back that Izuku knew what the little villain's Quirk was. "Katchan, he is reinforcing the big one's Quirk!" Katsuki did not let on that he had heard Izuku, but the muscular villain clenched his hands into fists and tried to pummel Katsuki in quick successions of blows. After further use of his Quirk, the villain had put Katsuki in a hopeless situation. His foot was stuck in a crevice and he could not get out. The smaller villain disappeared and unceremoniously appeared at the butterfly girl's side. When he laid his hand on her, the glow of her wings increased and Shoto's movements stopped completely. "You have to stop the one with the amplifier Quirk!" Izuku tried to warn them, but it was too late. Mezo and Fumikage were already cornered. Fumikage lay motionless on the floor as he lost all fluid and Mezo was on the verge of unconsciousness due to lack of oxygen, Izuku buried under him. Kaede was still fighting Dabi. Again and again she got some of his flames, but he too had to take fierce kicks, but when the amplifier laid a hand on Dabi, Kaede knew she had failed. The flames became so big all at once that she staggered a few steps away and still had huge burns on her arms. She did not feel them, but it was a pity about her hair. She tried to get up again, but her legs gave in. She hadn't noticed that her legs were also badly burned and that her jogging pants now only reached her knees. Dabi came up to her and pushed her to the floor while he let heat flow from his hand.