Chapter 88

"I've been waiting for you to come yet." Kaede smiled at her brother, who greeted her with a packet of chicken nuggets in his hand. "I heard you were sitting here in my property." "I figured you'd probably take pity on me and let me stay here." With a grin, she took a nugget from the box. "I'll have to think about that first. How about you tell me what really happened first?" He sighed and began his story. "After the data from the lab was analysed, I had to find out more. After some work, it turned out that the villains got together and wanted to carry out an attack on the schools and students respectively. Their goal is to prevent the young generation from becoming heroes. Well, the commission didn't like the way I handled that information and now I'm a wanted criminal." "And for how long?" "I don't know. Don't worry about it. You'll be kept safe with the other students and I'll do my thing." "What are you going to do?" Hawks smiled. "I'm going to be a vigilante."

"Take care of yourself. Watch out for the villains.... and the heroes." He stroked her hair. "I will. But you take care of yourself." "I'll be safer there than you," she laughed, but there was a shadow on Keigo's forehead. "I believe in you, you can do anything, okay?" "Yes."

...

"Why does everything feel so much like goodbye?" "It's not goodbye, but it could be." "I don't want it to be goodbye." Kaede's head hung in the material of Aizawa's top as she clutched at him. "You protect each other Kaede, everything will be fine. Take care of them, be there for each other, and enjoy the time. Think of it as a holiday." "You can't be serious. You want me to think of it as a holiday that we're being deported so you can go to a war to protect us?" He sighed. "That's not how it is.""How then?" she snapped "You guys will be in danger, you'll be in danger. What if you get hurt? What if the war is over and I come back and you're not there? What if you die?" He gently wiped a tear from her cheek. "Shhht." He looked at her and he spoke from the heart. He wanted to be rational, and warn her, prepare her, but he couldn't watch her suffer any more. He wanted Kaede to be happy. "I will do everything I can to come back to you. I will do everything I can to not leave you alone." "Do you promise?" A voice in his head screamed at him not to. He couldn't promise. "I promise." He stroked her back as she tightened her embrace again. "You are strong Kaede, stronger than the others. When you are there, they will need someone to hold them together. Take care of the others and have fun. Because we're not fighting here for you to die inside." "I'm scared." "I know. It's okay to be scared, just don't let it stop you."

They sat on the bus and waved to Aizawa and the other teachers. "It's so boring." Eri complained after the first turn. "We can play a game! I see something you don't!" Mina waved around overzealously, but Eri didn't look thrilled. "Can I sit by the window?" "No." Katsuki didn't even pull out his headphones until he noticed the stares of the others. "Why-" "Katsuki likes to trade places with you, Eri." He was angry, but he ignored everyone else after that as punishment. Five of them sat at the very back. Eri on the left by the window, Kaede next to her, then Katsuki, then Mina, and then Toru, who had already been sleeping leaning against the window since the ride began. Hanta sat in front of Eri and talked to her, which took some of the pressure off Kaede. At some point she looked over at Katsuki, who was staring at Mina, who had fallen asleep leaning against his shoulder. "Let her sleep, she's probably still exhausted from her injuries." Katsuki grinned. "Do you want to sleep too, I have another shoulder." "Definitely not." She felt the eyes of Hanta, Kyoka, Eijiro and Denki on her as they sat in front of them. "What?" Hastily, Hanta mused, "Should we go to Mcdonalds later?" When they took their first break on the journey, Mina was still asleep. Kaede warned Katsuki. "You sit here and don't wake her up, understand?" "The fuck im going to-" Kaede kicked him in the shin. "No such expressions. I'll bring you some food." With Eri by the hand, she followed the others to the highway snack bar. "I need to pee." Eagerly, Eri looked around. "Can you go by yourself?" The little one nodded and disappeared to the toilet while Kaede ordered the food. Back on the bus, she first handed a bag to Bakugo, who grumpily thanked her, and then gave Eri a children's menu. "Oh wow, there's a figure in here!" "Yeah, it's a toy you get with the food." After the bus moved on and everyone unpacked their food, Mina and Toru woke up because of the scent. "You all have food, oh sad, it makes me hungry too." "I've made provisions, of course!" Kaede pulled out more bags and gave them to Mina and Toru. "Thanks Kaede, you're a lifesaver!" The ride took quite a long time. It dragged on later because Eijiro got stuck in a climbing frame at a playground. Momo and some others helped to get him out, while Kaede watched amusedly and others tried to distract the staff from the playground. But every journey comes to an end. They arrived, and on the way there only Koji had thrown up.

A total of 80 students arrived in the forest area. Classes A and B, as well as one class from the general department, 10 people from the support department and 10 people from the manager department. When the buses arrived and everyone got off, they were greeted by a bored-looking old man. "Your headmaster told me the person in charge of you is Kaede Miharu, who is that?" "Nezu, what are you doing to me." She stepped forward with a serious face. "I am Kaede Miharu." He eyed her up and down, then held out some papers. "The rules, what you have to follow, keys, instructions, anything you need to be aware of. If anything is call me, but id prefer if you wouldn't call me." Sceptically she eyed the man. "That's all, I'm leaving now." Only now did Kaede realise what Nezu was actually doing. He was kicking the students out and now they were supposed to organise themselves. Did he think that was how they learned something for life? "Gather in a circle, please!" Some became silent and looked at her, but others talked loudly. "Shut your fucking mouths!" Kaede gave Katsuki a grateful look until she saw Eri in Izuku's arms. Then she rolled her eyes, remembering that Katsuki would never change his choice of words. "Nezu may say I'm the responsible one but there's no fucking way I'm going to do this alone. So for each class you are here with, choose a representative to form some sort of council with me." A murmur went through the ranks. "We can sort out who you've elected later, so for now I'm going to tell you the rules this guy has given us. After that, I suggest we make our own rules and divide up the rooms. Then we still have to create services like cooking or cleaning, as we know it from the dormitories." There was a lot to sort out. 80 people were not few. When all the students wanted to enter, chaos ensued. Most of the dormitories were rooms for 10 people. Kaede was in a room with the girls from A and Eri, which she was very happy about because the room was already extremely full. All the other rooms were almost completely full. After the buses were emptied and the rooms set up, everyone met in the huge dining hall. Kaede stood at the front, and she didn't like it at all. "I'm going to pass my phone around now. If any of you do shit with it, I swear to you, I will make your lives miserable here. You guys put your number in and add yourselves to the group for our time here." She handed the phone to someone and continued. "The first thing I thought about is that we will now make rules together....

"Have you decided who to vote for yet?" Someone in the back rows stood up. "My name is Aiko Koroshi, from the Manager's Department. I think it would be smarter to have one main contact, as Nezu has determined. If our headmaster wanted you, we should keep it that way. However, service presidents would be a good idea. That is, one president for cleaning, one for cooking, one for activities and so on." There was a murmur of agreement in the room. Kaede was relieved to hear someone else speak, but her situation did not change. "Well, are there any suggestions?" Three master chefs were found to organise food and helpers, the cleaning was more difficult, but the rest went great. At some point Kaede got her mobile phone back. Someone spoke up again. It was a boy with green hair. "Should we maybe give our name and speciality so we know who all is here?" In itself it was a good suggestion, which was carried out, but with 80 people it took quite a long time. Some specialities from the general section amazed the hero course, but most of all Izuku. Before everyone was dismissed, Kaede wanted to note one more thing. "We have a little girl here who couldn't go with anyone else. So I ask you to be considerate, we don't know yet how she will react to so many people in a small space." And so the cohabitation could begin.