Chapter 55

"Now at least we can play with our cards on the table." "Things are not good for us. We can't free our people. They let their baby be caught first, voluntarily, so we don't get any benefit from it." "Then why didn't we do the same?" Annoyed, Katsuki glared at Izuku, but Kaede replied. "Because we don't sacrifice just to win. We fight to the end." "And now what? You were gone for a long time, what did I miss?" Izuku replied, "I was at the prisons. Eight from Team B and four of us plus Toru are left." "That means the teachers won't be coming after us individually now." "We have to be quick. Izuku, you will have to carry Kaede while we cover you." "The only way."

Present Mic shouted after them as they dodged Snipe's shots. So Izuku had to dodge. Kaede was hanging on his back while he kept doing twists and turns. "Run faster Deku!" Katsuki held back Midnight's mist with explosions, but still it managed to pass through. "Now left!" The three of them arched off to the left, where they just managed to slip through a hole in a wall. Then Hanta closed the hole with tape. They took a deep breath. "No time for breaks, keep going." Out of breath and powerless, they continued to run through the corridors. The teachers had been following them for some time now and were getting closer and closer. Present Mic broke through the wall. Izuku shot air at this one to buy more time. They ran. In the next few minutes they didn't even have time to turn around. "Up the stairs!" The stairwell collapsed under Present Mic's shouts, but the students still made their way up. "Now you've ruined it for us Mic, we almost had them." "Sorry."

"We can't go on like this forever." Kaede looked at the exhausted faces of her comrades. "So what?" "I have a new plan." The confidence with which she said this gave the others new hope. "That's your plan?" They were surprised. "It's worse than reckless, it's-" "Perfect?" "Definitely not." But the boys sighed. "But we have no other option."

They were standing outside the prison. "Guys, what are you doing here? It's too dangerous." "We'll be leaving in a minute. Can you find out the position of the B class?"

They ran into the fire zone. "It's very simple. We lure the teachers to the B so they leave us alone." "It's easier to talk about it." "As long as we have you and Toru, victory is ours, don't worry."

"Don't worry about it," Katsuki mimicked her. "WE'RE WORRIED!" It was pure chaos. The teachers were shooing the students back and forth. Both from Team A and B. They ended up climbing the stairs in a house again. It was only Izuku and Kaede, though, because Hanta and Katsuki were still sandwiched between the B's. Izuku sprinted to the roof. Midnight had reached out to touch Kaede when Izuku whirled around. He took Kaede and threw her off the roof, while Midnight's hand stroked his back at the same moment. "Izuku!" Kaede fell. She flew. It would be easy to save herself now with her Quirk, but then her team would have automatically lost. She heard a violent explosion, then several small ones. When she opened her eyes, Katsuki swept her away. She lay in his arms while he shot explosions in turn to stay in the air. "See, I can carry someone and fight at the same time." "Yes, I see." She tightened in his chest. All the spinning and the height and the throwing around made her feel pretty sick. She saw Hanta over Katsuki's shoulder, swinging between the buildings behind them, but he was hit by Present Mic. Kaede saw the panic on his face as his tape ran out and Present Mic caught him. Kaede closed his eyes and tried to remember the neutral taste of the air. "Are you all right?" "It's like a never-ending rollercoaster ride." Katsuki laughed. "You don't like roller coasters?" "I love roller coasters. I just like being strapped in." He landed hard on a roof and Kaede's head hit his jaw with a jolt. "Oh shit." "Arghhhh."

Katsuki stared at her sullenly while still rubbing his jaw. "That was a hell of a mess." "Let's hope they got some of the B too." He nodded. "We still have to win this." "The question is how." "It's simple. We get out of the way of the teachers. Every time they get too close, we disappear." It was easier said than done. Kaede clutched at Katsuki's back and he trusted her to hold on tight. He made twists in the air, sharp turns and did everything he could to avoid the teachers. In between, her grip weakened, then he pulled on her arms and wrapped them tighter around his neck. They were very close, her legs around his hips and her chest against his back, she felt every movement in his muscles and every effort that made him sweat. But even Katsuki had his limits. After what felt like eternities of dodging all attacks, Present Mic shot the mist Midnights to them. Katsuki fell asleep first. Kaede, on the other hand, witnessed both of them fall to the ground.

"Class B is free. Our last chance is Toru." Toru was indeed the last chance. She stayed hidden long enough for Katsuki and the others who were caught by the fog to wake up. She stayed hidden so long that the teachers ran out of steam and the B's slowly ran out of power. Nevertheless, she was eventually found by Ectoplasm. "So, there you see it! The B is better than the A." "I'll show you what's better for you in a moment." Katsuki was held back by Eijiro and Kaede, while Itzka gave Neito one on the noggin. "Gather round for debriefing!" "As you can see, there are Quirks that are better than others for this exercise. For example, Hagakure's invisibility. both teams used different tactics. Team B delivered the baby right at the beginning. Team A, on the other hand, defended it until the end. A seems to me the 'better strategy for a hero and I really hope that in real life out there you never sacrifice a victim just to win." He cast a warning look around the room. "Still, Team B won. Congratulations." Kaede walked over to Shinsou. "You're on the winning team. Congratulations." "I was in prison most of the time." She clearly heard the bitterness in his voice. "Take things in small steps. You were here at the exercise and you could observe. It's better than rushing headlong into battle." "You're right." She gave him an encouraging smile and patted him on the shoulder. "That won't have been your last training with us."

Kaede did not notice Katsuki's glowing gaze on her back. In any case, she didn't let it bother her, because the others wondered how she could ignore that stare so much.