Chapter 2

Do you know that feeling when you think you need something and then when you finally have it, you know, that you don't need it? Well, school is something Kaede would not miss. When Aizawa asks her at the end of the day, how class was, she always tried to explain how she felt, while lying that she listened. She listened most of the time, but often her thoughts driftet away. It was difficult to focus on classes, when there is a storm in your head with all the thunder stuff and the only thing keeping you from being whirled away is an invisible bubble.

The angry boy named Bakugo sat on her left side, while Izuku sat on her right side. There was something between this boys. She didn't know what, but the invisible tension between the two was obvious. Again and again Bakugo threw angry looks at Izuku, whose eyes in turn thoughtfully wandered off to Bakugo again and again. It annoyed her but it was also interesting. While she was friends with Izuku now, Bakugo was... too angry, too scary for her.

They sat in the bus on the way to the USJ. Thanks to Tenya, Kaede sat next to Bakugo and Yuga. Both were... special.

In reflection, you always wonder when the moment slipped from your control. Kaede had nothing to do with it, it was Aizawa who knew what was going on, already at the first moment. As his eyes widened and he turned, Kaede thought a thousand thoughts at once. The way she had held back and spared herself the last few weeks, for the sake of the safety of all her comrades, she couldn't do it now. She closed her eyes and pushed everything away. As the world around her went dark, she controlled her breathing. Deep in, deep out. Like a wave in the sea, one after the other. Then she held her breath and the sea was still. She let it in, all of it. She felt what her classmates next to her felt, but she ignored that for now. She focused on the villains in the square. Maybe it was a trick, maybe she could find out what their intentions were. Most of them were simply following orders. Filthy sidekicks. But there he was. Revenge, anger, guilt, but also deep sadness combined with memories from his childhood. And next to him... someone without feelings, this someone was empty. She returned to herself and felt a twinge. Now that she had already used up strength, she was less able to shield herself from the strong feelings of her classmates. They were frightened, like animals. Something you would expect from children. But deep inside them was something strong, something that drove them not to hide, but to become heroes. She opened her eyes. Katsuki stood next to her and stared angrily at the villains, does he want to fight? She closed her eyes again. He was scared. Confused, she opened her eyes again. Inside, he was very different from what he let on. Aizawa had already stormed off when number 13 pushed them towards the exit. That was when he appeared. The villain with the purple mist. He brought her a little peace, as he was simply an empty puppet with no intention of killing them.

When Katsuki and Eijiro rushed towards him, she knew that the situation had finally got out of control. The mist spread and took several of her comrades with it. Only a few remained behind. When Number 13 sent Tenya to get help Kaede knew she too had to act. "I will help the others, my Quirk will not help against him." Without waiting, she turned and ran down the stairs. She had several ways she could help now. She trusted Aizawa to take care of himself, but she also realised that he couldn't go on like this forever. Then there were those who were sent somewhere by the mist, Izuku, Katsuki and the others. But without knowing where they were, it was a waste of time to look for them. She closed her eyes again and once more allowed the others' emotions to spill over into hers, so that she could barely distinguish which were really hers. Near her, she could make out an individual who looked familiar. He was overwhelmed and his perception was probably impaired. Without hesitation, she ran in his direction. Behind huge boulders stood Denki, held hostage by a villain, while Kyoka and Momo were also there. It was convenient that Denki, who was feeling such intense pain at that moment, was standing right by the villain. With ease, she transferred the pain from Denki to the villain, whose knees buckled. She ran towards Denki and jumped out of the way with him as Kyoka finished off the villains.

"Kaede, are you okay?!" "Yes, everything's fine and you? You've done a great job with those villains." Momo looked pretty upset, but she still managed to say, "We have to help the others." "You're right, you'd best go back to the entrance, your Quirks are needed there, I'll keep looking." When Momo nodded, Kaede smiled encouragingly. She didn't want her friends on the battlefield. Rather close to the entrance where help would be there immediately. Time was running out, she had to get to Aizawa. Kaede climbed onto one of the rocks and looked down at the large square. A jolt went through her body, she froze as the blood froze in her veins. There was blood everywhere. She could see Aizawa trembling, even from this distance. The creature was pressing him to the ground, so that she was afraid all his bones would break. The way his arms were sticking out at different angles, they were already broken and he also had a deep injury on his elbow. She should have acted sooner. She could have saved him. She ground her jaw and clenched her hands into fists. This time, when she resorted to the level of emotion, she ignored nothing. She took the despair, the pain, the feeling of having failed of the person who meant the most to her and used it for herself. She felt his pain and she felt everything else without letting it stop her.

Izuku wondered how to save this situation. This was the world of pro heroes and if not even their teacher could do anything... but he had to act, that was why he had received the Quirk of All might after all.Everything happened in slow motion. A shadow flew towards the Nomu in golden light and kicked him off Aizawa. The Nomu flew into the wall and sank in, while Kaede buckled on landing. It looked as if she had fallen over. Ignoring the villain Tomura who was running towards her, she carefully picked up Aizawa's limp body and carried him further away to lean against a lantern. She glanced back at Tomura, who was being pushed to the ground under her eyes by an invisible force. As she knelt on the ground in front of Aizawa and placed a hand on his forehead, an increasingly bright golden light emanated from her, making it impossible to see further in her direction. The nomu came back and helped Tomura up. The light centred and gusts of wind also swept around Kaede and Aizawa. Full of hate, Tomura ran towards Izuku and Tsuyu. They hadn't expected it, so Izuku couldn't move fast enough, but the villain's Quirk didn't harm Tsu. Everyone turned their eyes to Aizawa, who sat breathlessly by the lantern, his eyes wide and a small glowing mark on his forehead. He had erased the villain's Quirk and saved Tsuyu, but when he lost consciousness and fell to the ground next to Kaede, it was up to Izuku.

Author Note: I know, I know, this escalated quickly but I am impatient and need action. Sorry :)

vote if you like it