Chapter 65

"Remember me, little one?" Kaede stared at the villain. "You're the loser from training camp." "I'm wet death, good to see you again." Two other people stood next to him. "We have to keep our distance, we don't know the Quirks." "Shut up Deku." "Young Bakugo!" Katsuki sprinted forward and exploded the mirrors. "You guys take care of finding a way out of here, I'll babysit Katsuki." She applied pressure to where the villains stood. Now there was no AIzawa to erase the Quirks. No one was there to watch over them. Katsuki had fired a violent blast at the villains, blinding them. One of the villains had long white hair. Some white sprouted from his arm while Katsuki was busy with the other newcomer of the villains. This one was red-haired and dodged every blast, punch and kick that Katsuki applied. The white-haired one suddenly had an arrow in his hand. An arrow made of bone. As he threw it at Katsuki, Kaede jumped in and caught it with her hand. Katsuki was thrown at her. "We have to get out of here Katsuki, we can't fight." "If we leave, they will not only chase us. They will also go after Deku, Icy-hot, allmight and everyone else." "That's no reason to fight unnecessarily now. We should go to Aizawa and gather as a big group. I can feel the worry from them about us." He was too busy dodging the greedy hands of wet death to reply. Someone grabbed Kaede. Skin on skin. She penetrated the person's feelings but found nothing. It was completely closed off. Instead, the person attacked her. The red-haired one obviously had a mind-quirk. Needles pricked her head, she couldn't think anymore, she didn't know where she was. Next problem: he had flattened her entire thinking system, so she could neither fight nor dodge. The white-haired man stepped towards her and touched her. The bones in her body gave way, bending in wrong directions, tearing her skin, pressing against organs. She would have blacked out if she hadn't had to laugh at one thing: The villains' teamwork was terrible. The pain, and the deep injuries, cancelled out the effect of the Mind-quirk. Kaede could think, even if her thoughts were all about the pain.

When Katsuki heard her pained screams, he finally managed to knock down wet death with a well-aimed blast to his head. He looked at Kaede and wanted to throw up. Blood was all over her. Her arm was broken, not just broken, it was completely at an angle from her body, the same on her leg and the way she held her side, her ribs too. He intervened as another arrow was thrown, this time at Kaede. Her eyes were closed. "Get behind me." He didn't know why, but she was up to something, it was wiser to follow her command. He stood behind her. She who was injured and it was on the verge of a miracle that she could still stand at all. "Did you turn it off?" He just wanted to make sure. "If I had, I wouldn't be able to fight now." She held out her hand and he took it. "Otherwise I'll hurt whoever touches me, I'll try the other way now." The two villains had already moved to a distance. "That won't do you any good." Their eyes sparkled. "I won't let you even look at any of my friends." A violent blast emanated from her, but it wasn't the blast that knocked the villains over. Kaede had shattered the last remaining mirrors. A pile of debris and shards rattled onto the villains. "They're not dead yet, let's go." She toppled over, but katsuki caught her. Her eyes fell shut. "Hey, stay with me, will you? Don't fall asleep." "I'm not tired." She yawned. "Shit, what the fuck are you doing. You always have to get hurt." Hastily he took her in his arms, careful not to touch her injuries. "Deku?" His voice echoed, but he received no reply. " They wouldn't have just left like that. Something must have happened." He looked at Kaede again. "I told you not to fall asleep!" She coughed. Spat blood. "Do you have a bone in your lung?!" "I think my... rib is in a place where it doesn't belong." "Shit!" Katsuki ran right under the hole. "I'm going to take you upstairs now, okay? We'll be at Aizawa's in a minute. Then you can sleep, not now." "I'll just hold on." "I've got you, you won't fall." "I meant I'll hold on to your feelings so I won't fall asleep." She was already half unconscious. "Cause they're all warm and friendly." "You sure talk weird stuff." He smiled as he shot himself up with explosions. They landed on the other floor, It was a changing room. He kicked open the door to the hallway and stepped on it. The lights were off. "Shit, the house of horrors." Aizawa said that the Escape room was also a horror house. "I don't have time for this." He ran through the corridors. The carnies had probably all left, but plenty of plants and other things were in his way. Turning a corner, he leapt over figures and readied himself for battle until he realised it was Midnight, Momo, Tsuyu, Eijiro and Kyoka. "Is everything okay bro?" "katsuki!" "Bakugo, what-" Midnight saw Kaede in his arms. "Show me." Her fingers slid along the bones. "A Quirk?" "Yes, three villains lie defeated on the lower level, we lost the rest of our group." "You come with me, we're evacuating." "I don't have time for this, take her and I'll find the others." "No Katsuki, this is an order, you come with me." "Here Shitty-hair take her." Midnight intervened. "Katsuki Bakugo, you stay here. You carry her now or you'll both be carried right now." Katsuki was furious. He shouted around, but when Kaede stirred again, he quietened down. "Did you fight?" "Yes shitty-hair, we won." "Against three villains?" "One of them was already at the training camp too. The other had the Quirk with the bones and the other, not a clue. The others disappeared while we were fighting." "Weren't you close to each other?" Midnight asked the critical question. "They were actually behind me when I attacked. Kaede was right behind me, too, after all." "So you were attacking? Did you talk to your comrades about it, or did you just take the risk that the others now have to take as well? You can't go into a fight you know nothing about." "We won." "I can see that. But I'm sure Kaede won the fight. You know perfectly well that she would take any risk to save you, and yet you dashed forward without listening to the others, or thinking." She sighed. "I'm sorry to lecture you like this, but the UA has to answer for all this. You have to understand that we can't just let you fight and get into danger under our protection, even if you have the licence." He gritted his teeth and did not answer.