Chapter 19

"Kurogiri!" The wall collapsed and All might flew into the room while Kamui Woods tied up the villains. All might knocked Kurogiri down before he could act and then turned to Katsuki. "Young Bakugo, I see you are up." "Just untie me!" "Temperamental as ever." All might smiled as he untied Bakugo, but the latter wavered when he saw the blood around Kaede. "Young Miharu!" He walked to her and lifted her in his arms as he murmured her name. "Kaede, can you hear me?" At first she didn't answer, but then she whispered. "Far away." "That's all right, you're safe now, you..." He was interrupted as Dabi activated his flames. Though he was stopped by Gran Torino, another Quirk activated shortly after. Chaos erupted as grey sludge weaved around the villains and both hostages, and Nomus appeared everywhere. "What's happening, hold them!" "Endeavor, we need reinforcements!" But heaps of Nomus had also appeared at Endeavor. "Bakugo, Kaede!" All might had to watch as they both disappeared again.
...

"Kaede, wake the fuck up!" "I think the narcotic is out of her system from the blood loss, too bad." Twice looked at Katsuki, who was trying to shake Kaede awake. "I'm awake man shut the fuck up I'm getting a headache." She continued to keep her eyes closed, afraid she might be distracted. She was using all her strength to keep herself under control. "You have to get up, they have us surrounded!" As he pulled her up, she accidentally opened her eyes and coughed. Cracks formed under her. "Please Katsuki." She didn't know what she was asking him, she didn't know what she was doing. All she knew was that she had to concentrate. She concentrated on the cut in her arm, on the pain. So many fierce emotions were around her. She felt people crying out in panic for help, sitting under the ruins, frightened and hopeless. When her breathing was calm, she looked up again. All the villains were standing around her, while All might was fighting All for One in the background. Exhausted, she could slowly hear again and her vision was also getting stronger. The loud sounds of battle only made her headache stronger. "Kaede." Katsuki and she stood back to back. "Yes." As Toga came running at Katsuki, Kaede latched onto Katsuki and he threw her over his shoulder towards Toga. Kaede narrowly avoided the knives, but the other villains also lunged at her. She jumped back to Katsuki so that they stayed close together. He shot fierce blasts at the villains who got too close, but they couldn't hold their own against seven villains two at a time. All they did was narrowly avoid them. Even with Dabi and Kurogiri out of action, this fight was impossible to win, Kaede had long since gone beyond her limits and All might was not getting close, that was when Kaede noticed something. Behind a collapsed wall she sensed five people frozen in fear. "They're here." Quickly she glanced at Katsuki. "Come here!" He ran to her, not knowing what she was about to do. "Jump!" Confused, he jumped as Kaede took his arm and threw him over the villains, breaking the circle. She charged as Katsuki attacked Compress from behind with explosions and coughed as she got a pair of explosions herself. She sensed that Izuku and the others were about to do something and ran to Katsuki. "Katsuki!" He turned to her and got wide-eyed when he saw that she had gotten explosions. Kaede coughed and paused while katsuki continued to keep the villains at bay. "Are you all right?" "Never better!" "As long as we're here, All might won't be able to win." "I know, and so do they." Kaede pointed to a green light in the sky. "Come!" They heard Eijiro's voice and Katsuki smiled that confident smile of victory again. "Kaede, hold on to me!" He took her on his back and stretched his arms down. "You have to hold on, I need free hands." She nodded as Katsuki took to the air with a huge explosion. They flew towards Eijiro, Tenya and Izuku who were directly above them. As Katsuki grabbed Eijiro's hand she felt the sting in Izuku. She had lost her concentration. Losing the strength in her injured arm, she slowly slid off Katsuki's back. He hastily tried to grab her with his other arm and just caught her hand. "I told you to hold on! Hurry up Deku, we have to land!" She gritted her teeth in pain and saw the strain on Katsuki's face. "I'm not going to let you go, so don't stare at me like that." She smiled as she felt her hand slip further and further from his. "Stop falling you idiot!" He was just holding her fingers and digging his nails into her skin in a last ditch effort not to let her fall. "There's a roof!" Katsuki looked to the roof and when he looked back to Kaede, she slipped from his fingers. "Shit!" They looked back and were shocked to watch Kaede fall. Her hair flew across her face, but they could clearly see that she was smiling. "It's all right." She just fell past a roof, very close to the wall of a skyscraper and although she tried to hold on to it, she fell with too much force.

There was something freeing in this fall. Besides the angry shouts and concerned looks from her friends, she felt nothing pulling at her at that moment. Her headache was gone and she felt nothing, not even the pain. There was only the air weaving around her. The crowd of people in the streets below her were unaware of what was happening above them. At the last second, before the people would have seen Kaede, a red shadow flew to Kaede and caught her. She looked up. "Keigo" Hawks flew back up with her as Kaede lay safely in his arms. "Yes, it's me."