Chapter 12

"Both Izuku and Kaede have serious injuries. I have already performed the operation on Izuku, but Kaede has lost a lot of blood. I need Aizawa here in case she loses control during narcosis." "Well, Aizawa won't be coming." "How, what why?" All might scratched his chin in surprise, "He said Kaede can control herself and we should give her some credit too. He also said that she would have won if she trusted herself and fought with her true strength." Recovery girl frowned, "I hae never seen her true power, only the consequences of it, and I would hate to relive that." "But that was years ago!" defended All might. "It was only years ago because Aizawa has been more careful since then." "I agree with Aizawa, if we never let her practice control and never expose her to situations where she needs control and has to rely only on herself, she will forever be the danger you see in her." "Very well, then, I will begin. Go outside so the students don't bombard me with questions.""Apparently fights against Shoto Todoroki end in serious injuries, so how will Katsuki Bakugo come out of the fight? While Izuku self-inflicted the injuries, Kaede took all the damage from Shoto's attacks, but no worries! They are both fine as they are being well taken care of at the moment.""How is she? Where is she?" Class 1A had gathered almost entirely outside the door of the infirmary. "There was so much blood!" "Easy, easy," All might tried to calm the students. "Recovery girl is taking care of her right now, she just needs a little more blood, then the wounds can be closed." As Tenya was about to say something, a high-pitched voice from the treatment room alerted their attention: "All might!" Immediately he rushed in and stopped abruptly when he saw. Beautiful golden wisps of mist emanated from Kaede's body and now surrounded the newcomers. "She has it under control." Whispered All Might. As he watched the wisps of mist gather next to the 1A, it occurred to him that perhaps that was why she could control herself. "Get Midnight, she's too resistant to the anaesthetic." "How so?" "I think she's been suppressing any physical needs and outside influences all along. I checked her vitals. She's missing sleep hormones, essential vitamins and just about everything a normal person needs to survive. She won't die from it, but it explains why the drug isn't working. She's still using her Quirk." All might turned around and was about to leave when he remembered Class 1A. Not good that they overheard this medical conversation. "Tenya has already gone to get Midnight." All might nodded in relief. At that moment Hawks entered the infirmary. The students were surprised that the professional hero suddenly appeared and were about to ask questions when Recovery Girl shouted, "Everyone out now, there's far too much going on here! She needs rest, I'll take care of her, but get out now!" The students looked around sceptically as Hawks stayed. When the door was closed, he moved closer to the bed. The mists enveloped his feathers and gently swirled them. He took the respirator mask from Kaede and she smiled weakly. "I can feel you." "Can you feel how worried I am?" "Yes, and there is no need to be. Recovery girl is welcome to start the transfusion right now, I'm fine." "I'm not entirely sure you're not blind, but do you see the holes in your body? You are not fine. You've put yourself through too much." These words hurt her more than the damage she received in the fight. "I did everything the way I wanted to." "Is that how you think agencies will recruit you? If you're so stubborn in battle and would rather be shot full of holes than back down?" "We'll see what the agencies want." The mist was now pulling at his feathers a little. "Calm down." "I am calm." Her eyes narrowed to slits. "I'm calmer than I've been in a long time. I'm getting ready, I'm getting closer to my goal, and everything I do gets me there. So don't tell me to calm down. If I wasn't calm, neither you nor Shoto would be standing right now. I lost because it was okay for me to lose, simple as that." She felt that hit him. "Thank you for your concern, but..." "I hate it when you read my feelings." He smiled sadly and looked down at her. "I don't even have to read them, you radiate them." "Are you sure you don't read them subconsciously? But anyway. Get well again, little bird." Midnight came in. Kaede didn't see everyone else leave the room and Midnight was talking about how awesome the fight was while kaede lost consciousness.

...

A few days after the sports festival, the 1A had organised a community evening. On this evening, they wanted to cook together, play games, sing karaoke and watch a film. They disagreed about which film to watch. Actually, they wanted to let Izuku decide because of his injury, but no one wanted to see his films. So they continued to debate and finally decided on a classic. Frozen. Kaede went into the kitchen and helped carry the bowls of snacks over. The others were already pushing the sofas together and Kyoka was already turning on the TV. They all trickled in slowly and realised they couldn't all fit on the sofas, so Mina gathered pillows and threw them in the middle, then threw herself on them. So Kaede ended up in the middle of the group, next to Mina while they watched the film and Mina kept singing along to the songs. "We have to sing the song again!" As soon as the film was over, Mina jumped up again highly motivated to sing karaoke. Kaede just looked around uncertainly. "Go on then, get started." Kaede felt encouraged by Momo's encouragement. "What song do we want to do?"