Chapter 51

Kaede was very exhausted, but she still gave everything she had. Using quirk tools was always exhausting because they drew so much energy from the body. She orientated herself on the kristal she had given Izuku. It was an amethyst that she had put in his pocket so she could track it. As if to provoke a showdown, the path led her to the circus tent. She pushed the fabric aside and was blinded by spotlights. "There you are, we've been waiting for you!" Kaede looked around the room. At the end of the stands stood a man and a woman. In a semicircle around them stood Izuku and the others. "So you let the centaur escape just so you could receive me like this? I'm honoured, of course, but-" "Don't talk so arrogantly." The man interrupted her sharply. Kaede had to be careful about his speciality. "Do you think this is a game to joke about? The centaur is dead. I lost an expensive attraction because of you." Kaede froze and turned pale. "Dead, but, why, but how" "Is that terror in your eyes? What did you think was going to happen? That we'd either let you escape or the centaur? We don't play by your rules, girl. It's your fault the centaur is dead before he was allowed freedom. Maybe we would have let him go free. How do you know?" "You wouldn't have let him go free" Kaede spat the words back at him. "What are you going to do now?" The man slapped his hands together. "Nice of you to ask. We will have to replace our attraction. I was thinking of those two grotesque ones up ahead." Kaede turned around. He pointed at Mina and Koji. Her eyes flashed as she turned back around. "Don't you dare call my friends grotesque." "Your friends? Are you friends with those ugly creatures? Were you friends with the centaur too? You let your friends down. At least you let him die. As a distraction. Wasn't he worth more? At least now you die first." Kaede shivered. Not with fear, but with anger. She had to pull herself together not to rush forward and rip the guy's throat out. "You provoke me without knowing what my Quirk is?" "I don't care what your Quirk is. You talk to me, you stand here without caring what is possible with my Quirk. So go ahead. Kill her." Kaede threw her knife. She didn't normally kill. Normally she wouldn't even entertain the thought of killing someone. She could have fought, it might have been awkward and taken longer, but then everyone would have survived. The knife flew into his chest in a flash of golden light. Small golden cracks spread across his chest while his wife stared at him with wide-open eyes. "Burn in hell for what you have done." The moment his heart was pierced, the effect of his Quirk dissipated. Aizawa took the lead. Professional heroes and police were now at work in the removal and release of the prisoners, while the students just watched silently. "I think spying is not our thing." Aizawa nodded at Kaede. "I think that was the last time too." Kaede smiled a bitter smile. She had to learn her lessons the hard way. Two bodies were loaded that night. Both were Kaede's doing.

...

It was a normal evening in the dormitory. The girls were sitting on cushions towards the entrance of the corridor, while the group around Eijiro was playing some kind of game again. Izuku was playing chess with Tenya. It was a newfound hobby of the two of them, because since Izuku said that it was based on tactics, Tenya thought that he would like to be able to do it too. Let's put it this way, Izuku was unbeatable. Katsuki came out of the kitchen at some point and tried to bring order to the chaos: "What are you all sitting around for?! Get dishes, set the tables, I'm not your fucking mommy and I'll carry everything after you!" "Bakubro, the kitchen is on fire!" Katsuki didn't turn around at Denki's shouts, but the rest of the class did. They could see the vein on Katsuki's temple twitching when he did turn around. "I don't understand." At this point he was still calm and in control. Denki argued with wild hand movements as smoke poured out of the kitchen behind him, "Smoke, do you see the smoke?" It was not Bakugo's hands that exploded. He yelled at Denki at a volume under which glass could shatter. "Yes Denki, I see the smoke!" Denki shrank under his gaze. "He used his name," Kyoka murmured, holding up her hand to the group of girls. "BUT I DON'T SEE HOW THERE CAN BE SMOKE; WHEN YOUR ONLY JOB WAS TO UNPLUG THE ELECTRIC KETTLE. FOR THE TEA DENKI, FOR THE TEA!!!!!!" "Should someone help him?" Tenya had already run into the kitchen. "Let's open the windows, it's only steam."

While the others brought order to the chaos, Izuku and Kaede picked up Eri. That evening, Eri was allowed to eat together with 1A. "What are we having?" She was already standing right in front of the door when it opened. With bright eyes, a half-braided pigtail, a half-buttoned dress and her cute bag. "Hello Eri!" She jumped up to give Izuku a hug. "Can we go? I've been waiting for a looooong time!" Kaede smiled at her. "Have you gotten ready yet? That's a nice braid." "Is it nice?" Izuku lowered it again. "It's very nice, but your dress is still open." "Come here and I'll do it properly for you." Eri hopped over to Kaede and waited patiently until she had closed all the buttons. "Done now?" "Yes, we're done now." Eri skipped past the two of them through the door. "I know where to go!" "Hopefully the day she discovers the ventilation shafts is still far away." "The ventilation shafts? Is that how you got into the rooms of all the classes to paint all the blackboards too?" She put a finger to her lips and pulled Izuku with her. "Yes, but shhhh."
The eyes of the class were mainly on Eri during the meal. It was adorable how she took the noodles on her spoon and put a big mouthful in her mouth. Then, when her mouth was full and she was chewing, she looked around the room with wide eyes, as if she hadn't already inspected it thoroughly 20 minutes ago. It was Kaede's day to do the dishes, but Eri was eager to help, so she stood on a stool between Hanta and Kaede and poured washing-up liquid over the dishes. The whole class praised Eri for her engagement. Later, they watched Izuku explain chess to Eri. "Izuku is unbeatable at chess, he is the best!" "Well, he hasn't won against everyone in the class yet..." From these words, the first 1A chess championship was born. Even though probably only a few were interested in the game, they were gripped by the little girl's enthusiasm and tried hard to beat Izuku.