Chapter 92

Shiryn Kyoda was bathing in the small pond she had found with her friends. The others would join her soon, they just wanted to get some things. She was getting bored. Finally, she leaned on the edge and hummed to herself. She loved to sing, but it was too dangerous for her, so she just hummed softly. Her eyes were closed while she experimented with the notes and tried out different highs and lows. So she did not notice anyone approaching her. She did not hear the footsteps or the splashing of water when someone else entered the pond. She only noticed the second person when another body pressed against her naked skin and ran along her curves. She opened her eyes immediately. A boy stood before her and she recognised him. She stared into the dull red eyes as he held her head and pressed his lips to hers. He was demanding and wanted more as she did everything she could to free herself from his grip. In her panic, she remembered something Kaede had shown in combat training.. She first twisted his hand and then pulled him away so that he detached himself from her, then she gave him a sharp slap. The gloom disappeared from his eyes and instead there was confusion. He looked around in disbelief, then his eyes fell on Shiryn as if he hadn't noticed her at all. He froze, unable to get a word out. Without a word he hurried out of the pond. "Listen-" she tried to call after him. "Fuck of, I'm sorry." She wanted to chase after him, but she didn't want to stand naked in front of him either. He disappeared behind the trees. Shiryn sighed. There she had put herself in a wonderful situation again. Katsuki Bakugo had apologised to her without knowing that he was not to blame.

Kaede, Mina and Toru were sitting in a corner playing a game when two girls stepped up to them. "Hi." Surprised, they greeted the girls. "Do you guys have a minute so we can ask you something?" "Yes of course, sit down." After the girls sat down they gave each other another encouraging look until one of them began to speak. "You guys are in 1A and we've seen that you're around Bakugo a lot, are you in good contact with him?" Mina frowned, but Kaede replied. "We are friends with him, why?""Does he have a girlfriend?" "You'll have to ask him that yourself, why?" The girl sighed and Mina frowned even more. "You know, we think our friend is interested in him and.... we want to support her, but if there's no future in it anyway, we don't have to get her hopes up." Kaede didn't know what she wanted to say to that. The other girl spoke now. "He kissed her yesterday, we saw that, but she's in general and he's in hero class and we doubt that will last." Kaede tried to smile, she really tried. The girl got a look from the other girl. "Well, we weren't really going to say that because it's Shiryn's business, but whatever. We can tell you guys don't want to get involved. Thanks for your time though." Kaede didn't even notice the girls disappear. She was still frozen. The only thing that moved was the thought that Katsuki kissed the girl. Was that why he had acted so strangely with Eijiro when Kaede had hinted at the relationship? "Kaede?" Ah yes, Mina, Toru, the game. "Oh yeah, sorry I wasn't listening just now." She earned a worried look from her friend. Actually, Kaede was quite proud to have kept control. She wasn't crying, she could still breathe. Actually, she didn't believe the whole story either. There was no truth to it, she knew. Kaede wasn't naïve, she wouldn't ruin everything just because two girls who had run away claimed something.

...

He avoided her gaze. If nothing was wrong, why was he avoiding her gaze? Kaede wanted to tell herself that it didn't prove anything, but she wasn't a stupid doll. She knew she should confront him because she wasn't one to chase after some guy, but she... she didn't want to lose what she had had the last time. They had never said what they were because they knew how they felt about each other. Had that changed? Was that why Katsuki had hesitated when Eijiro was there? All the thinking made Kaede tired. It drained all her energy and she couldn't even cry properly when she lay in bed. She would have liked to cry properly. So that her body was shaken by sobs, but only quiet tears flowed. But she would not let that stop her. She stepped into the hallway. She had intended to speak to Katsuki because she didn't want to be torn apart by her emotions, but she froze. A gasp escaped her throat as she began to understand the scene before her eyes. Katsuki was pushing a girl against the wall. She had long silver hair that flowed around her petite body. Two light blue fins sprouted from her head like horns. She was quite small and seemed rather reserved and shy overall. That was probably why she had caught Katsuki's interest, because she was Kaede's complete opposite. They probably saw something break inside Kaede, but before the first tear could roll, Kaede's shoulders tightened and her gaze hardened. Then it went blank.

...

Katsuki opened the door when there was a knock. The girl from the pond stood before him. "Hello, I-" He pulled her into the hallway and pushed her against the wall. "What have you done to me?" "I... I didn't know you were there. You came within my reach when I was humming and then I guess you were under my spell." "Of course I was under your spell, I would never have done that willingly." He hissed at her. "I'm sorry. But I'm glad we got that sorted out." It didn't look settled to him. Before she could say anything else, a door opened. A girl stepped into the hallway. It was Kaede. She froze when she saw the two of them. Katsuki tensed as well. Shiryn saw pain flicker very briefly in the girl's eyes, but she quickly hid it. She was about to leave when Katsuki let go of Shiryn. She wheeled around before he could say anything. "Don't worry, you're not worth me shutting it away. You didn't hurt my feelings either. You can only hurt something that's actually there." She lied. You could see her trembling. Not only the trembling of her body, but also that of her voice. The only question was whether it was an angry or sad tremor. Maybe both. Katsuki tried to go after her, but Shiryn held him back. "Let me talk to her." "Don't interfere, fishi." "Fishi? Never mind. I guess she wants to see you the least right now. I have to interfere, I'm already in this. She don't want to see you, but we girls stick together, so get lost and wait." She had never been this rude before, but she had a feeling Katsuki Bakugo was a person who needed this rudeness. As she entered the room she hoped Kaede also believed in cohesion among girls because she didn't want her to rip her head off.