Chapter 47

They all sat together in the living room while Hanta, Katsuki, Eijiro and Denki prepared popcorn. "Why exactly is Denki in the kitchen? We all know that if he enters the kitchen, some disaster will happen." "Then I guess we have to hope that the three of them will prevent it." When the boys came with the popcorn, Katsuki had a superior smirk on his lips. "Katsuki, why are you smiling like that?" Examining, Kaede took a handful of popcorn. "You didn't poison this, did you?" Eijiro pointed to the bowl. "Just taste it." Kaede tasted. Her tongue burned like fire and the hot, fiery, burning taste rose to her nose. She did everything she could to prevent a reaction. Mina placed the bowl in front of Kaede's hand so that it could not be seen trembling. When Kaede had swallowed it, she looked each of the boys in the eye. "There's a bit of flavour missing." As Katsuki began to yell at her, Eijiro declared in amazement, "How manly." "But now I have to see the mess in the kitchen." Mina was right behind her as she ran to the kitchen and poured heaps of water down her throat. "You know those peppers that were actually jalapenos? They're nothing compared to this diabolic popcorn! It tastes like they fried my body in Katsuki's chilli sauce!" She would have had tears in her eyes if the fiery popcorn hadn't destroyed any liquid in her body. "At least you got yourself together. I would have spat that stuff right out." "I would have liked to have seen that." "Come on, shut up. Let's go." The two walked back to the group, who were already all sitting together. "So, what's the first game?" "Monopoly?" "No!" This suggestion was put down unanimously. "Hero's Guess?" Some groaned, but there were no better suggestions yet. Hanta began, "The hero is an animal." No one said anything. "He looks like a villain-" "GANG ORCA!" Even though some said it along with Izuku, he drowned them all out. He lived for this game. "That was too easy. Think of something difficult, Izuku." "The hero is a teacher." They called out some names of their own teachers, but Izuku shook his head. "The hero is a teacher at another school." "We've all met the hero before." They considered. Individuals already knew who it was, but did not remember the name. "The hero's Quirk does not harm the opponent." They thought about who the whole class had already met. "The hero teaches at the Ketsubutsu-" "Joke! Smile Hero Joke!" "Yes. Kaede, you have to break my record of five." "I'll try." She went over in her mind the heroes that were often named in this game. Then she thought of someone who might not be considered at all when it came to "heroes". "The hero is very old." "The hero is very well known." "We all know the hero." "Cementos!" "How old is Zementos, anyway?" "I don't know, but it's not Zementos. You're out Denki." "Oh man." "The hero probably knows every student." "Recovery Girl!" "Yeah. Too bad, I didn't think you guys would come up with that." They played on until Shoto had set a new record of 7. "You only did it because you explained so crap Icy-Hot!" "Never mind, let's play Spin the Bottle!"
It wasn't necessarily the kind of better suggestion they had hoped for, but it was better than nothing. As Hanta was about to spin the bottle, he summarised again, "So, when it's your turn, you get to decide whether you choose truth or duty. Then, if you don't do the task or question, you have to do the household chores of the person who spun." "Every time this rule is active, the worst questions and tasks will be asked." "When this rule is active, the game becomes unforgettably legendary."

"But I don't want to do your housework!" "Then just eat two spoonfuls of Katsuki's chili sauce." "I call for a vote! Who declines?" Everyone except Hanta came forward. "Guys!? I thought you guys were on my side! Even you Katsuki?" "I don't want to lose my chilli sauce to charge bolt. Make it one spoon." They agreed to one spoon, even though Denki knew it was his death sentence. "Please!" "Open your mouth wide, a plane is coming!" The spoon disappeared into his mouth. "Now eat it." Denki gulped with tears until he ran into the kitchen. "You really are cruel sometimes Hanta." "I just didn't feel like doing the housework this week." They waited until Denki came back. He was red, his eyes were watering and his voice sounded quite hoarse. He couldn't talk without coughing all the time. The bottle pointed at Kyoka. "Truth. I won't be made to eat sauce. No thanks." "Are you spying on us while we change?" If looks could kill, Denki would be dead. "Of course not you idiot!" Denki seemed disappointed. "I thought you wouldn't want to answer that." "Why wouldn't I want to answer that!!! The question is just stupid!" Hanta interfered in the game again. "Guys, let's get this thing going a bit. Punishment is two weeks of housework from now on!" Eyes flashed and the fighting spirit was aroused. "I don't like to impose my work on others. Katsuki, could you get me a glass of water from the kitchen?" "Why don't you get your own glass four eye. Use me so shit here just for your glass of water!" When Katsuki was in the kitchen, Kaede said. "Wow, he's even complaining about the easiest task that will be set that night." "Yeah, I guess that's our katsuki." When katsuki returned, he spun the bottle and announced, "I will not be merciful." The bottle pointed at Toru. "Don't do anything stupid Toru, take truth." "Mina is right, kero, duty will lead you to ruin." "I'll take truth." "So, Invisible Girl, do you like it when you are naked around the rest of us and we-" "Yes." "Let me finish!" "What were you going to say? My answer is yes." The others laughed. Katsuki didn't find it funny. As Toru spun, the bottle landed on Mina. "You're my friend and I love you very much." Toru's tongue was pointed. "But that doesn't mean I value our friendship more than two weeks of housework." "See! That's what I meant! Now the game is really on!" Hanta had jumped up and was distributing his drink to those sitting next to him. "Duty." "Get Kaede to give you Hawk's number and ask him out after you tell him your full name and age." Mina turned pale. "No." "Two weeks of housework then?" "I'm calling the election!" Panicked, Mina looked around at the group. Only Kaede, Tenya and a couple of others came forward, not enough. Kaede gave Mina the number. Mina hesitantly held the phone in her hand. "You've done so much Mina, you'll probably be able to call Hawks," Eijiro tried to cheer her up. "Is this his personal number?" "Yes." "Oh shit." She pressed call. "Put it on speaker." "Yeah man, hold on." "Hello?" When hawk's voice rang out, everyone was silent, Mina forgetting to breathe until someone nudged her. "Hello." The boys laughed furtively behind her back. "Who's this?" As if an invisible needle had pricked her, Mina cleared her throat when she saw Eijiro's cheering look. "My name is Mina Ashido, I'm sixteen years old, from UA, and I was wondering if you had time to go on a date with me one night." Hawks was silent, as if wondering what that meant. "I'd love to go on a date with you, but I'm afraid I can't find the time for romantic relationships besides my job as a hero, so I gratefully decline." "Oh okay." "Have a good evening." He hung up without waiting for a reply. "AHHHHH SUCH A GENTLEMEN!!!!!" "GUYS DID YOU HEAR THAT?!" "KAEDE; HE'S SUGAR!!! PURE SUGAR!!!!" "I would sink into the floor but he is so- he has- KAEDE; IT WASN'T EVEN PAINFUL!" Everyone in the room laughed. Kaede's mobile phone beeped. "IS THAT HIM?!" "Kaede, please tell me you gave that UA girl my number, I don't want to change it again." "HAHAHHHAHAAH'!"

The next rounds were rather boring. "Guys, I have to say this now: a whole month of housework." Not many went along this time. Remaining in the game were Mina, Ochako, Izuku, Katsuki, Kaede, Hanta, Denki, Eijiro, Fumikage, Shoto and Toru. Hanta spun the bottle and it landed on Kaede. "Hanta, you're the one you don't want to take duty with." "Stupidly, you took truth earlier, now that means duty!" Everyone was curious about what crazy idea Hanta had come up with. "You know, you all know: one month is four weeks. Four weeks of housework." He looked at Kaede. "I dare you to sneak into our classroom and write something on the board." Everyone was silent. "That is impossible. The security at UA-" "I'll do it." "What?" "Nothing is worth this month of hantas housework to me. Voting won't save me either, because honestly, nothing is easier for me than sneaking through the hallways of the UA." "If you say so." They watched Kaede disappear through the front door. "Bet how long it will take her?" "She'll take time enough. The normal walk from here to the classroom takes half an hour if you can't use the lift. And she can't, it's switched off at night. Besides, she has to dodge a lot of alarms. So it will take at least 45 minutes." After Izuku finished his analysis, the others nodded. "Let's play something else until then." Kaede was back after 40 minutes. "Hello guys." They stared at her as if she were a ghost. "Did you get caught?" "No, of course not. The task is done." "You don't have to lie just because you don't want to do my housework. Let's say three weeks because at least you tried." "I will do absolutely nothing Hanta. You will see tomorrow at class that I have completed my assignment." "But it is impossible in such a short time-" "You will see tomorrow. Can I still get in here?" "Yes."