27: Shattered pieces Arc

On their first mission, they had to capture dealers who were selling illegal substances. Izuku pointed to different corners on a map. We have to cut off their escape route. The other teams collect the other dealers at these places so the professionals can storm the headquarters." "Let's go now or we'll miss our chance." Bakugo stood up and walked around the corner. "Hey you there!" A guy in black clothes looked up. "Yeah you, come here, we want to talk to you about something!" Izuku dropped down from the roof and stood behind the villain, who gained distance in a flash. "Surrender without a fight and we'll hand you over to the police." Both Bakugo and Izuku slowly approached. Aizawa had warned them that the quirk of the dealer assigned to them was still unknown, so Kaede watched from above. The guy had a hump under his black jacket, but the hump was moving. "I surrender." He raised his hands. "Too easy." Izuku looked up at her briefly, waiting for her assessment. When she shook her head, he nodded. "Take off your jacket and we'll cuff you." "All right, if that's what you want." Moving slowly, he first unzipped and then slipped off his jacket. But no hump. "See that silver thing on his shoulder? I suspect it's an illegal support item. Don't talk to him about it, arrest him directly." As soon as the two heard her instructions through the micro, Katsuki came from the side and pushed the criminal to the ground. Izuku pulled the jumper off the support item and examined it. "What is this?" The criminal just grinned derisively. "You students don't know anything. Acting without thinking and then without a teacher." A click sounded and a green cloud poured out of the metal item. They pushed it harder into the ground, but when Izuku stepped hard on the metal piece and broke it, only more smoke came. "What the fuck did you do Deku?!" The two had to cough in the cloud, but Kaede couldn't see anything from above. "I don't see you guys. What's your situation?" Izuku coughed into the micro. "He's still here, shit he's struggling." "Take him out. More smoke and he becomes a danger to civilians." "I wouldn't do that. Just one flame and everything here blows up." A scorpion-like stinger emerged from the criminal's back and attempted to sting Izuku. Both heroes let go of the criminal as they tried to dodge. "How are you going to fight me hmm? You can't get too close to me. The poison mist will stun you, as will my stinger if you get too close." He glared at Katsuki. "And you with the explosions from the UA can't use your Quirk here without hurting anyone. What will students do now? Run home, crying?" He laughed. "All I have to do is wait." Kaede looked down into the cloud of mist. "Here's what we do." On the count of three, all three of them leapt towards the criminal. She had expected him to stab only two of them until they had overpowered him, but he hit all three. "That was a shitty plan Kae." The three lay on the floor unable to move. "It's so hard for me to kill children. But after all, you're UA, so I guess I can't let you live." He pulled a knife from his back. "It's going to hurt, I don't want to sugarcoat it, but at least you won't die alone." The thoughts in Kaede's head raced. She had to find a solution. "First, the one who can be most dangerous to me." He stomped towards Bakugo. "You fucking bastard" "But he's not the most dangerous. After all, he can't use his explosions. You should kill me first." Katsuki and Kaede gave Izuku an angry look. It wasn't very helpful. "Maybe you're right." The thug turned back around and walked towards Izuku. "You know it's pretty anti-female for you to assume that only the men here are a threat. Do you even know what my Quirk is? I can use it without moving so you should kill me first." The criminal was visibly annoyed. "I don't care, stop bugging me now." He smeared a paste on the blade and smiled at the three. "More poison, don't you love it?" He crouched in front of Kaede and looked her in the eye and although Katsuki and Izuku shouted and cursed at him, the criminal made a cut on each of her arms and rubbed the paste on them. "It will be quick."She was glad the wound was burning, it helped her concentrate. Focus on the pain. "Why are you contorting your face like that? Is it burning that bad?" "Nah, I'm just trying to concentrate." Izuku gave her worried looks as Katsuki continued to yell. Suddenly, the villain fell forward. Pushed to the ground by enormous pressure, his breath stopped. Realising there was no pressure in Kaede's direction, he rolled towards her. Unfortunately, he touched her cheek in the process. She had only been waiting for that. The second he touched her, a fight raged between them that no one else saw. She pressed against him, trying to hurt him by searching deep inside him for emotions, but it was no use. He fought back, had a strong mind. She ran out of time, because suddenly the contact was gone. He was breathing heavily, she had probably hit him after all. "This... So this is your Quirk." He rolled over kaede and was now between her and Katsuki. "You fucking bastard!" He turned just as Katsuki threw a blast in his face. Only Katsuki noticed that the mist had faded away. The criminal coughed violently. Katsuki grabbed the criminal's face with his hand and fired a blast directly into his eyes. The criminal fell over and lay motionless on the floor. "The antidote for Kaede!" "Yeah fucking Deku, I can't reach it." "It's a hallucinagen..." Kaede curled her fingers in disbelief, then leaned forward. Her body shook as she tried to ignore the pain. With slow movements, she reached into the criminal's pocket. "How can you move?!" She spoke slowly as each word took a lot of strength from her. "The mist did not numb us. It entered our brains through our airways and give the sensation that we can't feel our limbs." "And you suppress the feeling?" "Not intentionally, the paste is messing me up." She found a needle in his pocket. "Just one." She looked back and forth between the two of them, then injected bakugo with half, then Izuku with the other half. They did not sit up immediately. As she waited she grew hotter and hotter, sweat mixing with her tears. "Fucking hell." With a jerk, Katsuki straightened up. "Finally, that took a while." As if that had been all that had kept her awake, her eyes went black.

She was only unconscious for a few minutes until she woke up again. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the policemen taking the criminal away. "Kaede?" It was Izuku's voice. "Let's not make a big deal out of this, shall we? Aizawa doesn't need to know." She felt a cot beneath her and something cold on her cuts. "The medics said it's not bad. They'll call your parents at the hospital." Kaede sighed. "What a fuck up." She turned her head and looked for Izuku. "Can you make them to not call my parents? Please, at least try." "But...why?" "Please, just do it. If they call my parents, Aizawa will also hear about how shitty the mission went." "Well, it wasn't that bad..." "Izuku please." He sighed. "I'll try." "Thank you."

Izuku had tried, but they still called her parents. "You don't have to wait, guys." Nervously, she fiddled with her bandages. "If Deku waits, I'll wait too." She exhaled audibly. If they saw Aizawa pick her up, it would only raise questions. "I don't want to steal your time, it's fine." "Can you stop arguing now? You're getting on my nerves so much man." Distressed, she put her hands in her lap and remained silent. "Every single time you do shit like this. It's enough that Deku has to be on my team and now you're hanging on me and getting hurt every time for some fucking reason." "Kacchan, she was just trying to save us, it was selfless. You shouldn't talk down to her like that." Reserved, Izuku defended her. "Oh yeah?! What was that about you? You're more dangerous than me? Some shit like that too." He turned back to Kaede. "Those things aren't selfless, they're self-destructive. Do you even care about living?" She was dejectedly silent. They were all silent after that, until Aizawa arrived. "Ai- Aizawa?!" They reacted exactly as she had predicted. "You know, everything has gone smoothly with every group, it's only you, my problem children, that I have to worry about again." He eyed the three. "Why are you still here anyway? It's only Kaede who's supposed to be hurt." Katsuki and Izuku exchanged brief glances. "We were going to wait until her parents arrived, but now you're here." Aizawa didn't hesitate for a second, she secretly adored him for it. "Her parents are indisposed, so as the person in charge of the UA, I have to pick her up." Inwardly, she laughed. In fact, her parents had been indisposed for several years. "So...?" "I can also take you straight to UA."