Chapter 59

Kaede was confined to bed for a week and was not allowed to exert herself for another week. It was not that she minded watching her classmates work hard. Aizawa's training was always hard and she enjoyed it since she was 11, so a break was wonderful. "Why are you staring like that? You could at least help us!" She laughed at Denki's tragic attempts to keep his balance on the beam. "Try to put your feet very close together and don't look down. Denki, no. Look into my eyes, here." He looked into her eyes and quietened. "Are you using your Quirk?" "No dumbass, if you don't look down you won't be afraid to fall." "Kaede, you have your own job to do!" "Yes Aizawa." She had to create an obstacle course that her classmates would fail at. It wasn't just cruel. Well, maybe a little. But by failing, they would have to come up with new ways to do it, and that's good. The next Monday, they started straight into parkour. "So, while Kaede wasn't allowed to physically exert herself, she came up with an obstacle parkour that you will all now go through." Bakugo was the first. He expertly dodged everything and catapulted himself into the air to simply fly over it. Then, however, came the part Kaede had put in especially for him. He flew over the obstacles on the ground with such confidence that he did not pay attention to what might come from above. Wooden plates on chains fell down. He was surprised, but Kaede had to admit that he dodged perfectly. It still cost him time and afterwards he was quite angry. Kaede sent the next one off with a satisfied smile. "Bakugo, come here." Sullenly, he answered Aizawa's call. "You're too sure of yourself, there will always be another danger that you don't have your eye on." "Yes Aizawa, I've noticed." Everyone else went through their obstacle course as well, and Kaede could proudly say at the end of the day that everyone hated it.

"Guys." "Yeah?" They were a little annoyed. Exhausted, the usual stuff. "I know you're done for the day, but I have a surprise." They listened to her again, Denki even pausing his game. "Hawks has invited three of you to dinner tonight." The class roared off. "And who gets to go?" Kaede smiled. "I don't want to decide that. I was thinking scissors, rock paper until we have three winners?" They agreed. "Who wants to go, anyway?" Kaede saw Izuku's eyes light up, though some took their distance from the jostling friends. "Well, let's go." In the end, Fumikage, Izuku and Hanta had won. Katsuki got a little loud about losing and yelled around. "Did you want to meet Hawks that much? Then come along too, I'm sure he won't care if we're one more or one less now." At 6pm they met in the living room. "Should we actually wear something special?" Fumikage answered instead of Kaede, "This is Hawks. No matter what you expect, there is no such thing. We'll probably go to McDonalds and eat chicken anyway." "Hawks eats chicken?" "Yeah, he eats nothing but chicken."

They sat at a table in the corner and ate their food normally while Hawks polished off one chicken after another. "Both my internshipers and their friends. Isn't that wonderful? And you're the girl who called me, aren't you?" Mina blushed and buried her face in her drink. "Don't worry about it. That was a lot more pleasant than all the declarations of love I get from strangers on the street." "Didn't one hold up a baby the other day and say it was yours?" Hawks put his hands to his temples. "Please don't remind me of that. The guy next to it even said it resembled me. A baby." "Was it an ugly baby?" Hanta raised a fry and shouted louder than intended, "Babies are always ugly!" They laughed quietly until Kaede explained, "The baby had a wig on from a Hawks cosplay." Now they were all snorting away and Mina almost spilled her drink while Hawks got red and turned to a new chicken nugget. They ate for a while longer until Hawks clarified. "So, I invited you to dinner to get to know you a little. I had an ulterior motive, though. The UA is doing fewer missions now, so I thought you might be interested in working together on a mission with me since most of the internships have ended as well." The students looked at each other and nodded. "If each of you agree, I will submit the request to the UA." "What is it about?" "I can't say yet until I have the go from the school. However, I need a lot of young heroes for this, otherwise I would let my staff handle it. But young birds have to learn to fly sometime, don't they?"

...

The class entered the room as Aizawa lay on the floor. He was wrapped in his sleeping bag and sleeping peacefully. "Are you thinking the same thing I am?" For the first time in the history of 1A, everyone was quiet. They sat down in their seats without making noise and waking Aizawa. Nothing could wipe that grin off the students' faces. It took a while for Aizawa to wake up. Let's just say that the class never forgot that moment.