Chapter 6

I'm not exactly sure I'm not overstepping, feel free to let me know in the comments, I don't want to downplay the issue, so I'll delete the chapter if it's too much.

For what seemed like an eternity, she finally felt free again. She let her Quirk take its course as she flew over the rooftops of the city with Hawks. It was a beautiful moment, under the stars and in Hawks' arms. "Have you got anything yet?" He ruined the moment. "Don't push me like this," she replied irritably. "I saw exactly that you were watching the stars." "I haven't." "Yes you did." "Shut up, I need to centre myself." They were both silent until Kaede felt something. "South. Keep flying at this speed for two minutes, then drop me on the roof." As he lowered her, she regretted not saying "gently". Immediately she straightened up and watched the person standing on the edge of the roof on the other side. She had done this many times before and yet her heart raced each time. She used the trick that had already become second nature to her. Her aura imbued her with positive feelings as she walked towards the person. The person noticed the change in the atmosphere, which Kaede also influenced according to her wishes. The person, a young man in his mid-20s, did not retreat. Kaede tried to influence him, to hide the feelings he had just had from him for as long as she needed to lure him away from the edge. His eyes were red-rimmed, but Kaede had always thought that teary eyes were so intense and beautiful. Very slowly, step by step, she approached him until she could take his hand and slowly pull him away from the edge. He allowed it, his gaze only on her. Then with one stroke she lifted the effect of her Quirk. She saw the confusion in his gaze as all the negative feelings came flooding back at him in one fell swoop, She felt it too. They both fell to their knees while she held his hands. If Hawks knew what she was really doing, he certainly wouldn't allow it so easily. Kaede shared the pain with the person, lifted their burdens and brought order to the chaos of emotions. She knew what the person wanted to hear and what they needed to hear, but it required Kaede to go through every emotional pain that the person had gone through. Kaede felt he needed someone to talk to, so she was there for him. She listened to his story of what had been done to him and when he began to cry, she took him in her arms. He continued to talk as his body shook and his voice failed. At some point he stopped talking and lay in Kaede's arms until he broke away. "Why are you doing this?" She knew what he meant, but still asked, "What?" "Why are you helping me, why...? why did you pull me away from the edge?" "I am a hero, heroes save people. There is no difference if I save people from a roof or from a villain attack. There are always villains involved. Sometimes you're the villain who convinces yourself you have to kill yourself, and sometimes other people are the villains who have harmed you." He didn't look very convinced. "Those who raped you are villains, no matter how popular they are in society. You are not to blame for that, no matter what others say. I know the truth, I know your suffering and you are not alone in it. Your life does not end here, it only begins here. I mean, why didn't you jump when you had the chance? You hesitated. You hesitated because deep down you knew that the villains should not triumph over you. You hesitated because you are stronger than the villains. And if you want to keep fighting them, report to the police, tell everyone your story, or keep fighting in silence, but fight." He stared at her, tears burning on his cheeks. "What if they don't believe me?" "Mention Hawks, mention Empathy, that will guarantee they investigate further."

All that needed to be said had been said. Kaede felt he was reassured for now, but a cure didn't happen overnight. Recovery girl needed several sessions for serious injuries, after all. Kaede could take away his negative feelings, but could do nothing about them if they came back.She jumped off the roof as the young man called "Thank you!" after her and was caught by Hawks. He eyed her, "So?" "That was a tough one, I don't think I can do any more today." "You've done more than enough."