Chapter 26

"The third team is ready." "How can they be ready in such a mess?!" "Maybe they're just not in as awkward a position as we are." They had already thought about it, but none of them could swim away from here. Even if Eijiro could harden himself against the sharks, they might swim with him into the depths and he would drown. Not ideal. "You know, it's not that bad. At least we have a nice view. And we've got a flag for a start." "It's nice that you're so positive about the whole thing." Quietly she added: "But I need a good team to make a name for myself as a hero."

...

"So what do they need to get out of this situation?" Momo had analysed the situation immediately. "Someone with a Quirk like Koji, who controls the sharks, would be useful in this case. However, we've just discussed Koji's situation, so that probably won't be possible. Someone like Tsuyu could also rescue them very easily, or Rikido could pull them up, but Tsuyu's already here and they can't call for reinforcements otherwise." "So how do they get out of this situation?" "There is no way. The water is rising and they will lose because of the sharks." "Tsss." "What's wrong young Bakugo?" "As if Shitty hair and this bitch would let water and fish stop them." "YEah, I agree with Katsuki! They will find a solution!" Number 13 groaned inwardly and repeated the question. "Yes, but HOW would you get yourselves out of this situation?"

...

"I hate wet socks, it's just so uncomfortable." "I wonder why a new group has still not been formed for a while. I have a brown flag, but still..." Kaede groaned. "I want to go home" "Same here." The water was now already up to their knees and the sharks were already taking an interest in them. "You know what, I'm tired of waiting." He looked at her expectantly. "Do you have a plan?" "I had this plan all along, I was just unsure. You probably won't like it, but then we'll finally get out of here." He frowned. "Explain it to me." "Sharks are attracted to blood." Even at those words she saw his expression darken. "I let a little of my blood drip into the water so that the sharks are distracted. You use the time to swim away and come back with help." "That's a stupid plan." "Either that or we become fish food." "Shark food." "Eijiro, listen to me. It's not dangerous if you hurry. The wound won't be deep, the smell is enough." "I'm not convinced." "There is nothing I can say to convince you." Without hesitation, she drew the blade across her skin and held it over the water. Eijiro flinched and snatched the knife away from her. "What..." "Time is running out Eijiro, hurry up." Frowning, he handed the knife back to her and jumped into the water. The sharks were not interested in him. They had all swum to the blood, which was spreading more and more in the water.

...

"So, young Bakugo and Ashido. When you believed in Kirishima and Miharu earlier, did you expect this solution?" Mina seemed stunned. "Umm, no." Katsuki was silent in his corner. "What do the rest of you say. Asui?" "I think, Quak, that it's not quite thought through. What if Eijiro doesn't come back in time and the water rises?" Katsuki did interfere now. "She has thought it all through very well. She's aware of the risk, she just doesn't care." "What do you mean?" "Never mind." Depressed silence. "So, let's get back to Koji."

...

Kaede waited patiently. Even when she was holding on to the wire rope because the water had risen too high, she waited and trusted in Eijiro. Her fingers hurt and cramped as she slid down a little. Sweat formed on her forehead and water dripped from her boots. "Go away, sweet fishes, there is no food now." The blood running from her arm was now having a counterproductive effect. It kept running into the water and the sharks were all waiting for more than just blood. Although she was still hanging from the rope, she saw a green flash and suddenly found herself on solid ground. "Are you all right?" izuku knelt beside her. She was breathing heavily and exhausted. "Yes, thank you. Did Eijiro send you?" "yes, look up there." She looked up and saw Eijiro standing on the cliff. "Don't tell him, but a few seconds longer and I would have been shark food. "Yeah, I don't think we should tell him." They both smiled as Kaede stood up and they looked around. "How long do you think the exercise will go on? I'll be honest, I'm so out of it but I don't want to give up either." "Only three out of five teams have finished, so it will probably take a while. Let's go and see Eijiro first." With her in his arms, he jumped up inch by inch until they were at Eijiro's. "Eijiro, thank you for doing that well." "I'd like to say that was manly, but it was stupid." "That's what I am."

...

"Now that the three of them have found each other, there's nothing to comment on, is there?" Number 13 looked around. "Then I declare the exercise over." "The exercise is over. All of you meet in the monitoring room for debriefing."Everyone sat in the monitoring room, Kaede with a bandage on her arm, as Aizawa explained the exercise. "There were never enough flags left for all the teams. We had planned four groups to comment on the actions of the ones that were left. The first team to arrive was Bakugo, Ashido, Shoji and Ojiro. The second team was Yaoyorozu, Asui, Todoroki and Iida, but because there were not enough other team members, Tokoyami and Sero had to wait. The third team was then Sero, Jiro, Uraraka and Kaminari. That left Aoyama, Kirishima, Koda, Sato, Hagakure, Miharu and midoriya. Those who were here have discussed your strategies, actions and solutions with all might and number 13, so we can now announce your teams justifiably." All might stepped forward. "The provisional teams for the UA missions are:

Bakugo, Midoriya, Miharu

Ashido, Kirishima, Uraraka

 Shoji, Sero, Tokoyami

Kaminari, Jiro, Ojiro

Asui, Iida, Aoyama

Hagakure, Koda, Sato

Todoroki, Yaoyorozu"

The students became loud. "But what's going on? The teams are very good!" "What am I supposed to do with them?!" Bakugo complained the loudest. "Well, let me explain then. The two-person team is Momo and Shoto because they have already worked well together in the practical exam and perform at a level that is desirable for the missions. The other groups include someone who acted very quickly today and one who stayed until the end. The last one was chosen because of other criteria, for example harmony." "So in my team, nothing harmonises." Mina laughed at Kaede's whisper. Kaede glanced at Izuku. He was just shaken awake by ochaco, having probably already come up with gruesome ideas in teamwork with Katsuki. A shiver ran over Kaede's body as well.