Chapter 58

As soon as Katsuki noticed that the girls did not come upstairs as well, he had gone back down. In the crowd, he almost didn't see Kaede and Toru making their way to the bar. He stood a little further away and watched the two of them sitting at the bar until a guy came up. God, how katsuki hated that guy. Just those eyes, the way they were glued to Kaede, to her arms, to her body. Katsuki had to pull himself together not to go there and tear him off her. He couldn't believe it when Kaede joined him on the dance floor. "Hey man." Eijiro slapped him on the shoulder. "I'll kill him." Eijiro followed Katsuki's eyes and saw Kaede with the guy. "Oh." "That light bulb, she-" "Why do you call her a light bulb anyway?" "She came to my room in some night to borrow a book, as she calls it. My room was completely dark, but when she opened the door it was so bright it was like she was a walking light bulb." The guy had pulled her closer to him. "You know what, I-" "Don't do anything rash Katsuki!" The guy had grabbed her hips and was sinking his lips into the crook of her neck. "This guy is going to die." "You know, this is a bad idea." Shoto suddenly stood next to Katsuki. "Like I'm going to listen to you Icy-hot. I'm pulling this guy off her and then-" "It's her decision, you know. If you go there now you'll show her you don't respect her." Hanta and Denki appeared with the others. "And we all know there's nothing she hates more than being disrespected." The boys nodded in thought, as if recalling traumatic experiences. "If she doesn't want it, she won't do it, simple as that." "I can't believe I'm listening to you fools." Kaede said something, but the guy did not break away from her. She said something again. In that small moment when her eyes flashed, the boys knew it was too late. As she rammed her knee between the guy's legs, the boys sucked in a sharp breath. Katsuki smiled. She took the guys chin in her hand and pressed her fingernails into his cheeks and said something else to him before letting go and going back to Toru.

"Did you have fun?" Kaede smiled. "Oh yes."

They spent a long time in the club until it was time to leave. "Guys, it's already 3 o'clock, by the time we get back..." "You're right, we have to go." "But we have all the time in the world. If we get caught, nothing will change if Aizawa kills us at 4 or at 5." "I think tomorrow we'll all look as sleepy and dead as Aizawa." They drove back in the limo and crept up the path while Kyoka made sure no one approached. "So, same as before," They gathered around Kaede and touched her arms. "Hold your breath." This time she felt the pressure immediately. She found it hard to walk, but whoever was behind her at the moment helped her not to fall over. She fell forward, coughing, but hands caught her. "Are you all right?" "Yeah, it's just tiring." They crept back to the dorm and groaned when they finally arrived. "Guys, we need to do this more often." "Sure, it was brilliant." They walked back into the corridors, Mina and Kaede along with Eijiro and Katsuki. Mina was supporting Kaede, but they both noticed. "Are you all right? You're so pale..." "Yeah yeah, I'm fine, it just took a lot of my energy." "You've been saying that for hours. How much energy exactly?" She smiled. "I think I'm sick." Mina felt her forehead. "Shit, she's hot." Kaede slipped out of Mina's grip, but Katsuki picked her up instead. "We need to get her to bed so she can rest. We need wet rags." "Don't tell the others, okay? I don't want the evening to go so.... I don't want to ruin it." "Shut up and get some rest."

Mina removed Kaede's jewellery and wiped away her make-up before placing the cloth on her forehead. "I'm cold." "You should get her out of that dress." "I'm not going to do that while you're standing around here in her room. Thanks for your help, but now all she can do is sleep. Tomorrow we'll say recovery-" "Don't tell anyone. The Hero Commission wants to test me every time I'm sick. Depending on who finds out, if anything leaks..." "It's all right, we'll just tell Aizawa and he'll sort out the rest." "Mhh." She had sunk back onto her pillow. The boys looked anxiously after her as they left the room.

"She said that the Heroes' Commission would run tests on her when they found out about her illness." "She said that?" Aizawa looked at Katsuki, Eijiro and Mina critically. "Yes. Is it true?" "Well, I think she was afraid. Until now, they always wanted her there when she had serious injuries. Maybe she's so scared that she thinks they'd have her even if she had just a cold..." "Those bastards!" "Katsuki." Aizawa turned to Mina. "I'll go to here in a minute, gather yourselves in the classroom."

Kaede lay limply in her bed. She was wearing thick sweatpants and a jumper, covered by a huge blanket, but she was still cold. Even half asleep, she registered a movement of the door. Light fell into the room behind Aizawa and forced her to squint her eyes. He bent over her, brushed some of her hair off the rag, then lifted it and threw it into the bucket. He wiped the wet from her forehead with a cloth. "You look terrible." "I look the way I feel." "So you have a fever, you're cold, any other symptoms?" "My body hurts when I move, I have a headache and I'm so tired. But I also think my throat is swelling a little." I will make you some tea after that you should sleep and rest." "Thank you dad." He smiled and tousled her hair, "Get well soon. Class is worse without you." "Ohh, was that a compliment?"

The tea was bitter. When Kaede was extremely tired, she sometimes drank black coffee and manifested an effect that would keep her awake. That's why she forced the stuff down her throat now, which then lay warm in her throat. "Hopefully this will make the sore throat go away." She leaned back again and closed her eyes. All she hoped was that she would not have a fever dream.