Chapter 15

The third day started like all the others and went like all the others and yet it ended completely differently. When the game between A and B began in the evening and Aizawa took the tutoring students with him, Kaede also asked to be allowed to rest that evening. She went to bed early that night.On the evening of the third day, Kaede felt that her training was bearing fruit. She woke up because she felt something far away. "Even in sleep...?" Sleepily, she sat up and tried to sort out her thoughts. She suspected that her Quirk had activated because she was so exhausted. Who knows what would have happened if she had just carried on like that without a break. She tried to concentrate on the feeling she had sensed. Not one of the ones she knew, not one of the ones she had felt for days here. She sensed two people slowly creeping closer to the dormitory. Kaede approached the window, looked out, but could see nothing. She sensed that Aizawa, Vlad king and the other students below her had not yet noticed the intruder. She ran downstairs, wearing grey sweatpants and a black shirt, when she tore open the door and realised she was too late. The moment everyone turned to look at her, the windows shattered into a thousand tiny pieces, which then flew towards the students in a gust of wind. Mina shot acid at the shards, Eijiro stood protectively in front of the others and hardened himself, while everyone else took a dive towards the ground. The shards shot over them, only Eijiro was hit by some of them. Kaede immediately jumped back up. "There are two!" "Get against the wall, behind us!" Aizawa and Vlad King stood in front of the students. "What the hell is going on?" Mina whispered softly, then coughed. Alarmed, everyone looked to her. She held her throat and gasped for air, but obviously could not breathe. Kaede ran to her and held her shoulders. "Don't panic now, it's only the villains' Quirk, we can stop them, just hold your breath until we..." Mina took a deep breath and at the same moment Kaede's breath stopped. As Vlad King raised a wall of his blood to shield them, the effect of the Quirk was lifted. Kaede took a deep breath. "We have to get out of here, the villains have a clear view of us here." "And what about the students?" Aizawa looked around. "You watch them, I'll go out and protect the others." Kaede interjected into the teachers' conversation, "I know where the villains are, I can sense them, we can fight, we can sense them, we..." "We are not doing anything," Aizawa interrupted her sharply, "You students will not fight. It is our duty to protect you. We will not let you join the fight." "But if I told you that one attacker was right there behind the tree and the other behind it, I wouldn't interfere in the fight, would I?" Aizawa immediately ran, jumping through the broken window and disabling the one attacker's Quirk. He tugged at the woman, tied her up with his scarf and threw her against the wall of the house. The other villain ran towards him, but Aizawa was left breathless. He decided to erase the woman's Quirk. Bad decision. The villain touched him, just a brief moment, and everything in Aizawa contracted. He fell to his knees, erased the man's Quirk again. Now he could not breathe, but the pain that had run through his body did not spread any further. The male villain stood over him, confident of victory. "You know, my Quirk is sucking all the fluid out of you, it's a shame you erased it, it would have been a nice death. Well, I guess suffocation is nice too, isn't it Airin? Well, remember my name, be it the last thing on your lips before death greets you: wet death" In one kick Kaede hit both the female villain Airin and wet Death, sending them to the ground. They were knocked down so hard that even a few seconds after the impact, the two of them still saw golden light before their eyes. "Are you alright?" Concerned, she went to Aizawa and helped him up. "I told you to stay inside." "And obviously I didn't listen to you. If I had listened to you, you couldn't punish me for it now. Good thing, by the way."

She feels something on her leg. When she looked down, she realised her mistake. Aizawa stepped firmly on wet's hand and erased his Quirk. "You must stay alert!" "I'm sorry I'm not that attentive after 3 days of intensive training!" She looked stressed at Airin, who was still on the floor but not moving. "Fine fine. The children are stressed, yes? Are you scared kids? Do you want to go home to mummy and daddy?" Kaede kicked him in the nose with all her might. "I don't need to go home to mummy and daddy when I can have fun with you here." A dangerous glint came into her eyes. "Kaede," Aizawa admonished her, "Kaede, is it? That's your name? A beautiful name, yes yes. Mind likes your Quirk, you know. A beautiful Quirk, I must say. We'll gather you up, one by one. The one with the dark Quirk, and the other boy, the one from the sports festival. Actually, it doesn't matter who. One of you students will come with us. A master plan. Hehehehehe." He smiled a ghastly laugh. "He's lost his mind." Kaede sensed he was full of madness, but something inside her shuddered. "He wants the students." Aizawa looked at the students standing behind him. "I hereby give you permission to use your Quirk. To use to protect yourselves, not to attack." "But what about the others?" "I will seek out Mandalay and ask her to send a message to all the students. We don't know how many villains are here, where they are, what even happened." A loud crash sounded as if a mountain was collapsing. Kaede felt a twinge. She had felt that presence for the past few days, just not as strongly. "It's Izuku. He's fighting and he's in pain." Eijiro took a step forward. "We have to help them, they're in danger!" "It's dangerous for you too! Stop arguing! You stay here, with Vlad. I'll go to Izuku and then to Mandalay." Aizawa gave each of them one last warning look and then disappeared into the forest. "We can't let them get into danger, Aizawa won't be able to save everyone!" "Kaede, I'm going to say this for the last time..." "No. There are about forty of us, scattered everywhere. Few among us can locate those scattered and if I'm one of them, I shouldn't waste my time here." She looked at the others. "I'm sorry, but I want to be a hero, I want to save and protect and this, is not my way." She walked slowly towards the forest, when the other students made a move to follow her, she pushed them to the ground. "It is my way, not yours. UA will expel anyone who does not follow instructions, right Vlad?" She didn't wait for an answer, but made her way through the bushes.