Chapter 33

Bakugo hated this job. Serving all those people who thought they were better. But he waited. He behaved himself and waited to leave this building and then he would report all the shit he had seen here and these criminals would be behind bars. At least that's how he planned it. He forgot about it, though, when the designers presented their clothes. Kaede was the first. She looked beautiful in that white dress. He forced himself to look away as a man in a gold and black suit led her onto a stall. But he could not look away. Almost automatically, he looked for her again. The man had his hand on her back. And swung her around in the rhythm of the slow waltz. Katsuki's eyes stiffened into slits and an irrepressible rage coursed through his veins as he realised how Kaede was torturing herself there. She stumbled in her shoes the whole time and trembled in the man's grip. She leaned as far away from him as she could. He hated himself for being relieved that she was not enjoying the dance. The hand went up along her back and Katsuki didn't want to watch it any longer. He wanted to act, but her gaze met his. Something was wrong. He knew it before, but now he saw himself confirmed. Gently, she shook her head. She didn't want him to interfere. The dancer grabbed the end of the chain at her back between his thumb and forefinger and pulled. Katsuki's eyes grew wide as the loop became smaller and smaller. Time passed more slowly as he watched Kaede close her eyes and accept her fate. "That stupid bitch." Katsuki stormed off. The elite guards could not stop him as he catapulted behind the barrier and yanked the dancer off Kaede. She couldn't keep her balance and almost fell to the side, but she still held on to the bar leading to the stage exit. The crowd had split up and kept their distance. As long as Kaede did not know where the others were, she could do nothing. "Shoot, I dont care about the dancer." At that moment, as the bullets headed for Katsuki and Kaede, fire burned through her veins, giving strength to her muscles. She didn't know what it was that drove her, but it gave her the energy to look around faster than the bullets could hit. She threw herself at katsuki and together they fell behind the stage.

"You fucking idiot! You've ruined everything!" She showed that, but she was actually glad that he had gotten her out of this situation. She felt bad about it. She felt bad because she was happy that he had saved her and thus put the lives of the others in danger. "That's exactly what I meant. Whenever you go somewhere with you, shitty things happen. What were you thinking?!" "What was I thinking?! I was fucking thinking! I was thinking about the situation and not acting head over heels!" "I was thinking too! He tried to open your dress in front of the whole crowd!" "And what if he had done it? They threatened to kill you all!" "He would have taken away your fucking honour, you would have been-" "Losing my honour doesn't come close to what it would mean to lose one of you!" Katsuki glared at her angrily. "We have to get out of here." She simply turned and scrambled under the scaffolding. "Let me go first." He squeezed past her and lowered himself down the bars until he was at the bottom. She just took off her shoes at the top and followed him shortly afterwards. "Catch me." She jumped into his arms and he quickly set her down. Below the stage were corridors, presumably for employees. They entered and a short green laser lit up. "Shit, we've triggered something." They continued to run down the corridor now until their way was blocked.

"Guys?!" The others were standing there. "We found you!" Kaede jumped into Momo's arms. "How?" "Did you see the green lasers? Momo created a device that allowed me to hack into the system. We saw your movement, but also that of your pursuers." "Our pursuers?" They turned around. "They're professionals. They follow silently. We should get out of here." As they ran, Neito made stupid comments again. "It was Class A that screwed this whole thing up." Everyone chorused, "Shut up!" "Let me copy your Quirks!" Reluctantly, even katsuki clapped his hand. "You won't be as good as me anyway." "Kaede, now you." "No, I can't let you copy her, she won't do you any good." He moved closer. "Why don't you let me try?" "You can't control her, it will only put us in danger!" "You're the one putting us in danger! Every one of us here! If something happens it's your fault and then if I can't fight it's your fault too, so give me your Quirk!" Katsuki pushed him off her. "Didn't you hear her? She said no. If you can't make something out of what you have, you're not worth surviving this." They were silent as they continued to run. "To the side!" At an intersection with three forks, something came towards them, so they had to split up. Kaede was pulled out of the way by Neito while everyone else had jumped to the right. "Thank you," she gasped. They kept running. "I can't create anything because I don't have the knowledge and Yosetsu's Quirk doesn't help either, so explosions. He had their backs with explosions for about seven minutes until he lost power. "So, what now?" She didn't know. They ran into a room and barricaded the door. "There are too many." "Then give me your Quirk, to even the score." "Understand Neito-" His hand was on her shoulder, she batted it away. "You little bastard!" "Sorry, but I'm doing what needs to be done." She could tell from his face when he had activated her Quirk. He tensed and his legs gave way. She caught him and took him in her arms. "Breathe. I need you to breathe deep into your belly, in and out." He was shaking all over. "I can hear her, I can see her." "That's an illusion, you only feel it." He slipped out of her arm. "Neit, Neito! Stay with me, will you? You have to stay awake, it's dangerous!" The wall collapsed behind her and the others stood in the room too. "What happened to him?" Concerned, Itzka ran to her. "He copied my Quirk." "That idiot." "What's going to happen now?" "He's in pain. He doesn't understand. But as soon as he loses consciousness he will destroy everything around him." They stared at her. "This is your Quirk?" "This is the base of my Quirk. When I got it, it was all I had. I've learned to use it differently." "So keep him conscious for seven minutes? I can do that." Katsuki gave him a hard slap. "Stop that!" Kaede went to neito for a tearful groan. She knelt down and took him in her arms. A symbol appeared on his forehead, like when Aizawa was there. "What are you doing?" "I'm connecting with his pain." She gritted her teeth. Neito threw up over her shoulder and she stroked his back. "It's all right." She tensed and stifled a scream as a thousand needles stabbed into her head.

"I want you to focus on the walls Neito. Imagine them. All the way to the last wall before you leave the building. Visualise them. What does it look like? How does it feel? What do you feel when you take one step at a time towards that wall?" She pressed out these words with the last of her strength. Cracks were coming from neito. He thought only of going to the wall and touching it. Small cracks drilled through the floor, from wall to wall, from corridor to corridor, until he blew up the entire floor. And all this triggered only by a description of the way.