Chapter 77

Her classmates coddled her. Food was put on her table and Mina and Denki next to her want to feed her. Eijiro had offered to carry her to the classroom, but she insisted on being able to walk herself. Aizawa stopped by before class to check that everyone was doing well. As they all walked to the classroom together, katsuki's gaze was on Kaede's back, who was surrounded by everyone.
She hadn't been able to stay in her own room last night because she was still seeing things. After they stood there leaning against the wall for ages, his hands stroking her body, she became demanding. She pulled him closer, her lips meeting his. Hands buried in his hair, she kissed him and there seemed to be no end to it. She wrapped her legs around his torso, which made him press her even tighter against the wall. After an eternity he broke away from the wall, Kaede in his arms. "Oh." She was surprised to find the supporting wall at her back suddenly missing and almost slipped away if he hadn't been holding her back. As he walked to the door, she put her arms around his neck. "What are you doing?" "I'm going to my room" "Put me down." He ignored her. "Katsuki!" As he opened the door he took away her opportunity to struggle loudly. He carried her up to his room and dropped her on the bed. "What-" He pushed her aside and lay down beside her, his nose in her neck and arms aroud her waist. "I need my sleep."
So his gaze was on her back, and as the crowd parted around her, she smiled when she saw his gaze.

"I've given you a break for a few days now, but if you want to become heroes, you'll have to work hard." Aizawa's gaze wandered around the room. "We will do another hero exercise today. I will throw you into an open field and you will fight until one is left standing. If someone is eliminated, it will be announced. You are eliminated, when you give up, you cant move or when you are unconscious."

Kaede's first thought was to hide to save her strength, but it really was a completely open field. "Start!" Mina and Kaede looked at each other. "So are we just going to start fighting like this?" Some had trouble seeing enemies in their classmates, others did not. Yuga threw himself at Hanta from behind and tried to wrestle him to the ground. Kaede and Mina looked at the chaos in shock until Ochako came running breathlessly. "Are you going to attack us now?" "Tenya just chased me all over the field until I took off into the air, but now I feel sick." Mina slapped her on the back. "You're safe here. No one dares attack us when we're standing next to Kaede." In fact, that worked for a while, though at one point Denki flew across half the field towards the three of them, separating them as they all dodged in different directions. "You're losing now, light bulb." She always thought when Katsuki attacked it would be loud, but he had snuck up behind her. She was so startled that she reached for him and threw him over her shoulder. He, however, pressed himself against her and pulled her to the ground with him. She lay on top of him for a tiny moment until he took control of the situation and fixed her in the sand. "Give up, you're immobilised." "Dream on." He held her knee as she tried to kick him and grinned victoriously. "You can't-" He didn't expect her to bang her skull against his, though. Kaede was sure it hurt her more than him, because her vision was blurry and her skull throbbed, but she rolled away. Disoriented, she dashed in one direction. This probably also affected her Quirk, because when something touched her arm, it activated automatically. A shock wave shrouded in golden light zigzagged across the field and knocked everyone over.
"What a mess." Aizawa watched his students. Exercises never went according to plan. It wasn't enough that half of them just stood around and didn't attack at first, no, now Kaede had to knock out all the students in one blow.
Kaede's vision returned as someone landed on her again. "Sorry, I didn't see where I was going." Hastily, Izuku got back up while Kaede was still muttering in confusion, "It's okay." Someone else came running. Eijiro ran past her and shouted, "You should run if you choose to live!" Without questioning the situation, she followed the swarm away from a point. "What's going on?!" "Yaomomo is using Denki as a shield!" "That genius!" When Denki released his energy, he used it to interfere in many fights. For one, Fumikage was overpowered by Tenya, while Ochako finally had the opportunity to distance herself from Rikido. However, Denki also knocked out a lot of students with it, including himself. Eijiro suddenly stopped, so that Kaede almost ran into his back. "Woaahh." "Should we fight?" "It's last man standing, right?" Eijiro smiled and clasped his hands together. "Let's go then." They lay on the ground staring intently into each other's eyes. In the arm wrestling duel, Kaede's arm was already leaning a little to the side, and she knew she wouldn't be able to win. However, the pressure on her arm was suddenly removed.
She looked to her right, in the direction Eijiro had flown, and saw him rolling away with Katsuki, shrunken into a ball. "Sorry, I guess I hit it too hard." Apologetically, Izuku held his arm. "Is Eijiro a skittle? You threw Kats like a bowling ball! I was on the verge of winning." "Sorry." Sighing, Kaede moved away from Izuku. She didn't want to be near him when Katsuki came at him again. "Stop right there." She turned and looked at Momo, who was aiming a cannon at her. "Um." "You lost Kaede." "No I didn't." Momo frowned. "You can't do anything about that cannon, you're eliminated now, is she not,  Aizawa?" He nodded and said through the speakers, "Kaede, you are sort of immobilised and therefore eliminated." Furious, she looked around. "I'm not immobilised, I can still fight. Go on Momo, shoot." "But Kaede-" "Shoot!" In a loud bang, Momo fired the bullet. She probably thought Kaede had a plan and Aizawa also thought Kaede had the situation under control. Kaede, however, had gotten a little carried away with the situation. She was so angry that Aizawa just declared her immobile that she didn't think about the fact that he might be right. The cannon flew towards her at a speed that made it impossible for her to dodge. But she didn't want to dodge either. She wanted to prove to Aizawa that she would fight on. Not like back then. She stretched out her hand and knew that she had only a tiny moment. If she didn't do something the moment the bullet touched her hand, she could forget her hand. She used her anger, felt it and let it run through her veins. There was one thing that was not in her file, that she had been hiding until now. When her cycle was in a certain phase, her emotions went crazy. When the bullet touched her hand, it shattered into a thousand pieces. Some of them grazed her and slashed her skin, but otherwise she was unharmed. Actually, she was surprised herself. "Another Momo, or is that it?"

Momo and Kaede were caught in the crossfire of Katsuki and Izuku's attacks, which seemed to be getting bigger and bigger. Eijiro stood on the sidelines and just watched. "Still here?" "Yeah man, if this keeps up I'm going to turn into a statue until they destroy everything here." "I don't want to be a statue." Kaede waved at Momo, but she kept her distance. Kaede frowned. "I think she's taking the exercise very seriously." "She's not the only one. Have you seen Tenya? He chased us all across the field one by one. Though he didn't eliminate anyone, but I have no stamina left." "It's just the two of us now, Momo, Izuku, Katsuki, Ochako, Tenya, Toru, Shoto and Mashirao." "Shoto's been in that ice dome since the beginning, I wonder what he's up to." "You know, I think we should clean up a bit." Eijiro had a bad feeling about what she meant by cleaning up.