Chapter 21

Aizawa brought Kaede to the dormitory at her request. Three days had passed since the attack by the LoV. Within the first 24 hours, they had to contact Tartarus to gain access to the chip. Then everything happened very quickly. The fight, then hospital. During the fight of all might kaede was unconscious, but at the thought of it everything still contracted inside her. Even if she wasn't there, she had felt it. Because of the hope and the cheering of the people, her pulse went up and she felt hot, so the doctors had to put her to sleep again, so that the third day dawned.

She arrived in the morning just as the others were having breakfast. The glum faces brightened as she entered the room. "Hi guys..." Mina came running towards her and knocked her over. "Mina, her injuries!" Concerned, Momo pulled Mina away, but Kaede rolled away with Mina in her arms. "It's okay, i am fine!" Mina and Kaede sat up and were now kneeling on the floor. "I'm so glad you're okay! The moment you ran into the forest I knew you were going to do something ... lets say a little mess." "I'd call the place she reduced to rubble more than a little." "I would call the blows she dealt to the villains more than a little." "Okay, guys, I get it. But please tell me you have some more of those wonderful smelling pancakes."
Class 1A ate the pancakes and the mood could not have been more exuberant. Since Kaede was there, it was as if all negative feelings had left them.

"What do we want to do? Let's do something today, as a whole class!" Mina ran excitedly through the kitchen and into the common room while others washed up or cleared the table. "How about some simple board games?" "Shoto, there are 20 of us, what board game works with that many?" Mashirao looked through the kitchen window, "Do you know the game werewolves?"
So later they all sat together in a big circle. They had covered the floor with cushions and pushed the furniture aside to have more space. "Does anyone not know the game?" Mashirao stood in the circle and held up the cards. A couple hands came forward, so Mashirao explained the rules. Actually, Bakugo should be praised for having listened at all until then. "I'm not going along with this." He stood up and stomped away across the cushions until Kaede's eyes flashed mischievously. "You just don't want to play because you're afraid of losing to Izuku." Izuku cringed as she pulled him in and Katsuki turned angrily. "What the fuck are you talking about?" "You're afraid of losing the game because it's not about sheer strength, you have to use your brain and you know that Izuku has better strategies than you." So Katsuki was also given a card and he gave both Kaede and Izuku angry looks.

Mashirao enjoyed being the narrator. He liked it not only because he couldn't lost, but also because he had a good overview. The narrator got to see the funniest things. For example, when Kaede was Cupid. She deceitfully made Izuku and Katsuki fall in love with each other.  When Mashirao tapped them both and their eyes met, Izuku stiffened in his pillow and Katsuki looked around angrily. He wanted to win this round against Izuku and now he had to win WITH him.
Denki was the blink girl and the first to be killed by the werewolves. "I know exactly who all is a werewolf!" "And that's why you're dead. Your job was to blink at the werewolves, not stare at them." "At least I can watch now."
The next night, when Denki saw who the witch was, he breathed a loud sigh of relief, "You could have saved me!" Kyoka raised her arms apologetically and put her fingers to her lips.
With 20 players, most nights were boring, only when there were only 10 players left did it get exciting again. "I can't be a werewolf," Kaede argued. "Mina was lying on my lap all the time, she would have noticed if I moved." "That's right!" Izuku considered and looked back and forth between them. "It's very unlikely that both of them are werewolves, but a pestling is still on the way, so it's a good risk that one of them will bring a triumph for the village." Shoto scrutinised each of the teammates with an icy stare. "I'm pretty sure I saw Kaede sleeping in her bed at night and didn't turn into a werewolf, instead I peeked around a corner and saw Izuku mauling Rikido." Everyone fell silent. "Shoto. Thank you for defending me, but that was too much." Confused, he looked at kaede. "Too much what." "Anyone who doesn't know your identity now is just lost." Denki jumped up. "I don't know who he is." "Denki, you saw him literrally last night!" "Oh yeah I forgot." "Can we just cut all that shit now? We all know Icyhot isn't really that stupid. He's just pretending to distract from himself. He's the real werewolf!" Izuku just nodded as Katsuki stood in for him. Hanta now spoke up too, "Katsuki, why are you defending Izuku, are you both werewolves?" "I think if they were both werewolves, Katsuki would let him die." They could all agree on this.
"Then let us suspend the decision between the three. I find it very suspicious that Ochako is so quiet. Perhaps she is hatching plans?" "What me? Not me, no, never." They chose Ochako out and sure enough, she was a werewolf. "Never mind, the last werewolf will get you the victory."
The next night there was no victim and no one saw anything suspicuous. Kyoka, Katsuki, Izuku, Kaede, Mina, Hanta, Shoto, Toru and Momo were still in the game. "Does anyone know anything?" Kaede looked helplessly around the room. "Three werewolves were Yuga, Tsuyu and Ochako. We don't know about the pestling, whether it carried the disease or not. We have no idea." Mashirao loved this cluelessness. "Then let's just skip the vote." Kyoka was tired of this waiting. "We can't waste this day and an ordinary citizen should know that. I think we should kill Kyoka." Everyone shook their heads, not even Izuku supported katsuki. "Let's skip it." Katsuki was more than just pissed.
A lot happened at once that night. While Kyoka decided to kill Katsuki for revenge, Izuku went after Shoto, who was again protected by the healer. "What the fuck, who killed me?!" Izuku accepted his fate, Katsuki did not. "The werewolves are dead, the villagers have won!" With 20 people, it had been a very exhausting round, but Katsuki was determined to play a rematch.
After katsuki finally won in the fourth round, they were allowed to play another game.

When Kaede went to sleep that evening, she felt for the first time how broken the hearts in the dormitory were. They had all been affected by what had happened and it had left scars. Kaede felt this sadness, this dejection and it pulled at her. "I have to make them happy."