Chapter 78

"Shoto, I won't let you sleep until I lose!" A small spot melted in the ice and Shoto stared through it. "So what do you suggest?" Kaede didn't need to win this exercise. It was quite enough for her to bring just a little tension into it. Shoto threw Izuku and Katsuki off balance by hurling ice spikes in their direction. However, the two would not be at the top of the class if they could not smash them. Izuku kept his distance while Katsuki catapulted himself towards Shoto. Before Katsuki could fire another blast, Kaede threw herself at him. They rolled on. She held his arm against the ground, Shoto froze it, but Katsuki exploded it again. That idiot could not be tamed. Kaede pulled the knife out of her boot the moment his hand enveloped her face. "I got you." "I got you too." The knife was at his now unprotected throat. "Stalemate, you're both out." "What's the point?! You were working with that half and half bastard!" She smiled as they left the field together. "It was never my plan to win. I just wanted to create an opportunity for others for once. With you in the race, it was clear Momo wouldn't win, but now..." "You really are a stupid idiot." "You're just as stupid as I am, because you didn't make it far." She took his hand, which soothed him a little. When Aizawa came to them, she quickly let go. "You two didn't understand the exercise any more than the others."

He waited until they were all there to lecture them, though. "The task was everyone against everyone. At the beginning, some of you stood around and didn't act. That's a point deduction. Running away together is something else. Denki's electrification and Kaede's shockwave, which hit many, gain extra points. Then, however, there are those of you who focused mainly on one opponent." He glanced at Bakugo. "It's not wrong, but if you find you can't achieve anything, then admit that. Then there was teamwork, and I ask you honestly now, did you listen to me? No teamwork. And I don't need to talk about the amrpress and scissors,rock paper duels." Aizawa sighed. "Tomorrow the same will take place, but without Quirk."

...

"Hey light bulb, will you teach me that technique in Combat that you knocked me over with?" "So you can beat me tomorrow?" "I'll beat you that way too." She grinned at him across the room. "You won't learn it until tomorrow anyway." She stood up. "I'm going to Eri's today, if you want me to teach you, you'll have to come with me."

"Angry Kacchan!" "What the hell did she just call me?" "Shhhht" She let her elbow drive into his side. "I think she's been spending too much time with Izuku." "Yeah, too much." There was a knock on the door after a while and Aizawa entered. He eyed Bakugo with a critical look. "Kaede, can I have a word with you outside?" She nodded and followed him to the door. "I'll be right back Eri, take good care of Katsuki." " I Will do!" She grabbed more butterfly hair clips in his hair.

"I'm about to leave on a mission, so I won't be around tonight, and maybe longer after that." She knew immediately that something was wrong. "You're always leaving on missions and you never tell me. Is this mission that dangerous?" "It is something else. Something... new... important." "It's all connected, right? Something is going on." "I'm not allowed to talk about it. Just don't worry if I'm gone for a while." She hugged him. "Take care of yourself and hurry back." "I'll be back." He stroked her hair. "Why is Bakugo actually-" "You want to say goodbye to Eri? Well then!" Kaede headed for the door while Aizawa stared after her in amusement. "Come on Katsuki, we still have to train!" Eri looked at her disappointedly as Katsuki set her down relieved. "Dont fucking go." All three gave Eri a surprised and shocked look. Aizawa's voice quivered with anger, as his eyes glowed Red and his hait flew over his head while Katsuki turned pale. "Katsuki Bakugo-" "Bye Eri, don't say that, love you!" Kaede pulled Katsuki out of the room behind her and ran down the corridor. She left Aizawa behind to explain this new word to Eri. "I leave you alone with her for a second and you teach her the word fuck?" "I didn't do anything! I didn't even say it." "You can thank me. Aizawa probably would have killed you." "He still got plenty of time for that." "No, he has a mission coming up, that's why he said goodbye." He gave her a questioning look. "It'll be all right" She was trying to convince herself more than him.

"You should not turn with your whole body, only with your hips." "This shit doesn't work." "It's not working because you're not listening to me. Watch me." They returned to the starting position and he watched Kaede do the exercise. He crossed his arms as she laughed at him. "I told you you wouldn't get it right." "I never wanted to anyway. I don't need it to win." "Then why did you ask me to teach you?" He smirked at her. "Because you look badass when you do that twist with your hips." She feigned indignation and fanned herself. "Katsuki Bakugo you little rascal." She pushed him against the wall and breathed into the crook of his neck. He turned her so that he was pressing her against the wall. It ended in a struggle for the upper hand. They rolled around against the wall until Kaede threw him to the floor and pinned his arms to the ground. "I like it when you do that..." He twisted her arms and lay on top of her, "...But I like it more like this." "I don't." She wrapped her legs around his hips and pushed herself forward so he was sitting, with her on his lap. "But that's good."

. . .

"As soon as you don't have to cook your own food, you disappear." "Sorry Mina." "And how was the training? Who will win tomorrow?" Kaede smiled. "Let's be surprised."