Chapter 89

Izuku, Kaede and Eri went on a discovery tour of the grounds. It was quite extensive. A small part of the forest was part of it, but also a wide area full of sand. There was a climbing wall made of stones and a parkour. Inside the building there were some fitness rooms and a swimming pool, but the best part was the ball pool. Eri disappeared into it and Kaede watched with amusement as Izuku desperately searched for the girl, while she had already climbed out the other side and was now hiding behind Kaede. When dinner was served, the President stood on a chair for activities and asked for silence. "I was thinking that we could have a scavenger hunt to get to know each other better. In this, I would ask a question or a riddle with a team and you have to find an item that we have hidden in a place on the grounds. The teams would be one from each class, so 4 in total." She was a little disappointed because no one said anything. "The team that wins will then get first dibs at lunch tomorrow." Cheers then erupted in the hall and a satisfied smile appeared on the beaming girl's face. With 80 people, the food queue was quite long. Everyone wanted to win. Kaede ended up in a team with Yosetsu and Aiko Koroshi. The girl from the general swapped so Hitoshi could be on her team. "Don't disappoint me, we're going to win, yeah?" The only one who seemed to match their energy was Yosetsu. They were given a card with 20 tasks on it. "Do any of you have any idea?" Koroshi took the little card from her and read through the tasks. "No idea." It was chaos outside because everyone was running wildly back and forth to find the solution. Kaede had even briefly seen Izuku running into the forest with Eri on his back. After Koroshi had looked at the other puzzles, they were able to solve at least one of the ones at the back, where they had to climb onto the roof. "Yosetsu, will you help me up?" Kaede climbed up a pipe in the wall. "Watch out, that looks loose!" Well, it was indeed loose. As Kaede reached for the next section of pipe, it came loose from the wall. She lost her balance and slid off the wall. It wasn't very high yet, maybe 7 metres, you could survive that, right? Couldn't you? Korishi stared up in disbelief while Hitoshi cursed and Yosetsu ran in circles with his arms outstretched. Kaede fell into Yosetsu's arms, but the momentum took him down with her. Yosetsu and Kaede laughed, Hitoshi muttered, "You idiots," and Koroshi looked at the two in disbelief, as if wondering if the craziness of the two was the average of hero classes. Instead of Kaede, Hitoshi climbed up and got them at least one point for the evening. After that, they wandered around again with no clues, but several others seemed to have no luck in their search either. A signal sounded announcing that all 20 puzzles had been solved. The students gathered again and the girl announced the winner. A group that had solved two puzzles. It was Izuku and Eri's group. Kaede was happy for them.

When the girls were in their rooms in the evening, they talked for a while about the day and what to expect. But at some point they also slept. Kaede lay awake in her bed. Nezu had simply made her the boss here and she wondered if she could handle it. In the middle of her thoughts, she noticed a movement. Eri had got up and was coming to her. Kaede lifted her blanket invitingly so that Eri could lie down next to her. She enclosed the girl in her arms and leaned her chin against her head. Eri quickly fell asleep. And now that the little girl was lying next to her, Kaede also hurriedly entered the land of dreams.

...

During the day it was pretty boring until Kaede decided to offer a training class. A group of students signed up to train with her in hand-to-hand combat. At first, only Hitoshi and Areza took part, as well as some from the hero department, but word slowly spread. Later, Kaede didn't know whether they wanted to learn from her or watch little Eri beat the other students. But it was a chance. Everyone knew Kaede was unbeatable in hand-to-hand combat and now they could see it up close. When Eri fought Izuku on the first day, he let her win. That went to the little girl's head so much that she wanted a new opponent every day. But everyone else let her win too, even Katsuki. Meanwhile, the activity team had not sat still, they had a wide range of ideas. That evening, everyone sat around a huge campfire. Izuku helped Eri grill a marshmallow. "I don't need this fire after all!" Katsuki, anyway, grilled his marshmallow with explosions. "Bakubro, I'm not sure that's-" "Shut up Shitty hair!" Mina and Kaede burst out laughing as already the second marshmallow had now turned to dust. While Shoto chewed, he was already grilling the next one with his own flames because the seats around the fire were all taken. "Here Bakugo, you can have this one." "No need Icy hot." Kaede gave Shoto a questioning look and took the marshmallow from him. Without further ado, she stuffed it into Katsuki's mouth, who was about to shout "Dieeeeee!" at the next of his marshmallows. "Mhaiojddhdhhd!!!" Anger flashed in Katsuki's eyes. "Eat up, be good." He continued to stare at Kaede as he chewed. Before he could get any more upset, they heard a melody. Kyoka was back with her guitar and had started playing. As she played, everyone quietened down. The students relaxed and watched the crackling flames while the rustling of the wind pulled at the leaves. Then someone began to sing. It came from the back row on the other side, but it was magical. More voices joined in until a choir filled the clearing. Kaede smiled. Katsuki looked at her, her face lit by the flames. She was happy. And watching her like that, seeing the radiance in her eyes, he sat back, satisfied. "What are you grinning at Katsuki?" He ignored Hanta's voice in his ear.

...

"We're going to have a talent competition!" Surprised, they looked at each other as the activities team presented the next idea. "Everyone will present their talent, alone. But of course you can have someone as an assistant if you want to show something. We've started an online poll, then you can give everyone a vote at the end. The most talented of us doesn't have to do any service for 3 days. We have two days for preparation. Yaoyorozu has agreed to create small things for you and Kobuto has agreed to teleport items here for your performance. You have two days to prepare." A talent contest. Kaede would take this chance. Otherwise she could only show her Quirk in battle, the destructive side, but now...