Epilogue

Aizawa was woken in the middle of his sleep by a message. It was 3 a.m. one of his rare nights off, but he still unlocked his phone and stared at the too-bright screen. It was a photograph. Eri was sitting on a chair eating a pink unicorn-shaped donut while his children stood around her. Kaede was stroking Eri's head and beaming at the camera and the others seemed fine too. Hawks was hanging from the ceiling holding more donuts in his hands while Himiko Toga was smiling and balancing a pile of donuts in her hands. There were boxes around them and assembly lines in the background. He lay down again and thought about what it meant until he fell back to sleep and was convinced that he had only dreamed this strange photo. It could only be a dream....There were too many people talking in the teachers' room and not enough coffee to make Aizawa happy. "Shota never talks about that vigilante stuff anyway." "What?" He turned wearily to Nemuri and Hisashi. Nemuri sighed before patiently explaining what the two had just been talking about. "Tonight, a group of vigilantes broke into a donut factory. They took security by surprise and stormed the offices. Turns out the factory was kidnapping and shipping people with special Quirks. They freed them, arrested the bosses before they could escape and called the police." "Why are you smiling Shota?" Hisashi poked him in the side. "I'm not smiling." Aizawa had a feeling that maybe he hadn't been dreaming last night after all.

That's it. I can't quite remember how many lifetimes were sacrificed for this story, but it was many. Not enough, anyway, because I'm still going to rework it. Anyway, I would like to thank everyone who voted, commented (09.08.22 no comments :( ) or just read because it makes me very happy that my words are valued. The best chapters are further back, it's quite boring at the beginning, so if anyone has read this far, wow, you're wonderful.