Chapter 91

Ochako and Toru noticed at some point that Kaede was not there and went looking for her. When they found her, they first tried unsuccessfully to shake her awake. Then they got worried. Katsuki saw his chance. He got up and joined them. "What's going on?" "Kaede won't wake up." "Then just let her sleep." Toru spoke up, "There is someone in the General Departments with the Quirk 'state'. With that, he can tell if Kaede's condition is dangerous." Katsuki hadn't listened when everyone had called their names, it had just annoyed him. "Then go and find the guy." He sat back down on a chair as Toru disappeared. Ochako stayed with Kaede. The boy had dark blue hair that seemed almost black, but when he put his Quirk in, the blue strands shone. Katsuki watched as the boy's hand rested on Kaede's forehead. "She is exhausted. Her body has reduced functions. She will sleep for at least the rest of the day, if not tomorrow." "And what should we do?" "We should take her to the room so she can rest." The boy made a move to lift Kaede, but Katsuki intervened. "I'll do it." Without another word, he picked her up and stepped out into the hallway. The boy was left perplexed with the girls. They looked at him apologetically. "Please don't hold it against him, he's always like that. But thank you for your help." "I'm happy to help. But the thing also gives me an idea. Maybe I can set up some kind of infirmary with Sanea." "Good idea, we better follow Katsuki!"

Kaede slept the entire day. She didn't even wake up to go to the toilet or eat anything. Denki had offered to give her body an electric shock, but Kyoka had made it clear to him that that was a foolish idea. In the evening, Eri lay down with Kaede. "I hope she wakes up quickly. If I sleep too long I'll still be more tired than before." Kaede woke up in the middle of the night. She opened her eyes not because she was rested, but out of instinct. Eri was lying next to her and the little girl was whimpering softly and shivering. Kaede pulled her closer to her. "Eri." Kaede used her Quirk as she stroked the little one's forehead, soothing the girl to escape the nightmare. The little one opened her eyes. She looked around not sleepily, but in panic. "Hey, I'm here, okay? No one can hurt you." "I thought you were asleep and didn't wake up." Kaede had been wondering why she didn't notice any of the nightmares Aizawa had mentioned. Apparently Eri had felt very safe here with her. Kaede smiled at Eri. "You see. I just protect you when I sleep too." Eri smiled too and snuggled closer. "I'm glad."

When Eri told everyone the next day that Kaede was awake, no one wanted to believe her. Even Izuku said that she had probably only dreamed it. But Eri insisted that it had really happened. Kaede did not wake up until a day later. She felt very rested, but stumbled when she got out of bed. Although she was awake and as if reborn, her body was rusty. "I've never seen anyone sleep as long as you." Mina grinned happily at her from her bed. "I've been in a coma for years, I'm experienced at sleeping for long periods." "But you know what. At the talent contest you got three days off duty, but you slept through all of them." Kaede frowned. "How long did I sleep?" "Three days. But according to Eri, you woke up in between." Kaede nodded. "I remember. If I hadn't woken up then, it might have only been two days." "Oh, so it's true?" "Of course." Kaede glanced at Eri, who was lying in the pillows. "Has anything else happened?" "Well, we have an infirmary now. It's run by Sanea, who trains with at your combat, and Hako, who checked on your condition with his Quirk. But it's empty. It was just thought that it might be beneficial to have someone to talk to when you feel ill." Kaede nodded. "That's true."

At breakfast, Kaede struck. Her stomach had been empty for days, and she felt it. To her displeasure, the pancakes were empty very quickly. "The electricity doesn't work, the hotplate is off." You could say Kaede's heart broke at this message. She was very much looking forward to another pancake with apple pieces and chocolate cream. Sighing, she rose. "Don't worry, I'll call the caretaker." Denki jumped up. "I can take care of it after all!" Kaede glanced at him. "No." Presumably he wanted to argue and find out why, but Kaede had already marched out of the room.

On this day, a water fight took place. After a slide was built across the meadow with tarpaulins, someone dumped water on it and one after the other took a run-up to have fun, but that was not enough water fun. They shared the field with the slide and thus had two teams. Both provided enough water bombs and then the fun started. Tetsutetsu and Eijiro hardened themselves against the water bombs. No one knew why, but this also fuelled the idea in others to use the Quirk. Katsuki had a huge water bomb. Apparently he wanted to fire it with a violent explosion at Izuku, who was running away. However, he did not expect the bomb to burst in his hand and shower him with water. Cursing, he pulled off his wet shirt. Kaede handed Eri a water bomb. "Now." She hit him in the neck. "Woaaah you did good." With an angry grimace that sent a shiver across Kaede's skin, he turned. "We should run!" Kaede took Eri in her arms and ran across the field while dodging the water bombs and trying to escape Katsuki. However, she was too slow. Recklessly, he threw himself at her. "Run Eri, get help!" Eri ran away giggling. Kaede lay on the ground, trapped between Katsuki's arms, under his naked torso. "Chargebolt, a bucket, go!" He had a victorious grin on his lips. That faded as a bucket full of water was emptied over his head. Some of the water hit Kaede, who gasped as soon as the cold disappeared. Mina stood next to Denki with the bucket in her hand, Eri behind her. Apparently she had taken the bucket from Denki. However, by help Kaede had not meant that she was now lying in a dirty mud pit with sand stuck to her back. Katsuki's trousers were now full of dirt too. Before he could pounce on Mina, Kaede suggested, "We should go and change." To Mina's and probably Denki's happiness, Katsuki agreed with her.

They walked down the corridor together. "I'm glad Mina wiped that confident grin off your face, even though I almost drowned." "I still won." "I could have freed myself at any time." "But you didn't." "But only because..." He didn't miss the look at his upper body. "Because?" "Never mind." When he arrived at his room, she was about to walk past, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her with him. "What the-" Though he pushed her hard against the wall, the hand on her cheek that accompanied the kiss was gentle. He broke away from her and stared at her. "You should take that shirt off, it's dirty." Under his intense gaze, she took off her shirt. His warm hands were right on her waist, pulling her to him. His body was wet, but still warm against her skin. First he kissed her neck, then he lifted her up, letting her legs wrap around him, and continued his kisses further down. He carried her to his bed. Here in the boys' room, too, there were bunk beds, of which Katsuki had the lower one. He lay down with Kaede and leaned his head against her chest. She smiled and buried her hands in his hair, which she now gently tousled as he closed his eyes. "You're nice and warm." "Nice to be your heater." They just enjoyed the moment together, warming each other's cold skin. At some point the door opened and someone came in. Katsuki sat up. "Hey bro." It was Eijiro. He didn't wait for a reply from Katsuki, instead he threw his shirt on a bed and set about taking off his pants. "Wait Eijiro!" Shocked, he turned and stared at the spot behind Katsuki. A spot where Kaede was sitting, which he had obviously missed earlier. "Ka- Kaede?!" She blushed, Eijiro blushed. Only Katsuki took it all in stride. At least until he turned to Kaede and remembered she was only wearing a bra. "Give me a fucking shirt, shitty hair." "Oh yeah, sorry." He tossed a shirt to Katsuki who handed it to Kaede. "Put this on, it's mine." Still a little overwhelmed, Kaede took the shirt and put it on, speechless. She cleared her throat and Eijiro took a seat on the bed opposite her. "Sorry to have disturbed you man." "It's all right, it's our fault." "So... you're together, can I tell the others?" Before Kaede could answer, Katsuki asked. "Why do you want to tell the others?" Eijiro blushed again now more excited and kinda relieved. "Well, we made a bet. We bet on whether you'd get together and which one of us would find out first." "You made shitty bets?!" Katsuki got loud once again while Kaede just giggled. "You can tell them when everyone knows, I'd say." Eijiro smiled nervously and Katsuki gave her a look she couldn't interpret. She had a bad feeling and stood up. "I should be going so slowly now anyway, if you're there I'm sure the others will be coming soon too. Bye." After the hasty goodbye, she took a deep breath in the corridor. But she couldn't get her head clear because the smell of the shirt clouded her thoughts, Katsuki's smell. Sighing, she went to the room. She put the shirt under her pillow before taking a shower.