Chapter 13

As Aizawa handed over the lists, Kaede held her breath. The others also seemed visibly excited as they bent over their desks, eagerly awaiting their teacher's announcement of which agency they would be allowed to attend. When she heard that Izuku had not been nominated by anyone, everything inside her tightened. In the end, her fight had been similar to his. When Aizawa stood in front of her table and handed her the list, he pointed to one of the names in the list : "That's the Agency I worked in, they operate at night." Kaede nodded. Actually she didn't think she would be chosen by such an Agency, but at least she could get some real experience there. "Okay thanks." Izuku suddenly stood next to her, squinting at her sheet. "You've got some familiar agencys with you, but also new ah, and there's the one Aizawa was talking about. Do you know where you're going yet?" She skimmed the list again. "I think I'm going to go to Aizawa's agency. I mean, I can get experience there that I can't get anywhere else." "That's true, of course." Izuku continued to eye the list as she reached over to his table and looked at his. He didn't have a single sponsor. "So what are you going to do now?" He hesitated before answering. Kaede saw him swallow and then take a deep breath. He took wich time for his answer, thinking. "I'll just go to some agency that takes someone in anyway. It doesn't have to be anything special."

...

Their agency wasn't thato special either. Basically, it did the same thing as Hawks, controlling the party districts and stuff like that. After the 2 weeks she had learned a lot, but nothing new.

...

"In response to the villain attack in the USJ, the school has decided to take you on the summer camp earlier than usually." They began to talk wildly about what they already knew about the summer camp. "Use the rest of the week to make changes to your hero costume. On Friday there will be the practical exam and I want you all to prepare for it. 

If Kaede had set her mind on something, she would not let it go. Momo had to find that out too. "You want me to make the chain for you? But is that all right for the department? And what do you mean by adding a part of you?" "It's okay for the department because they can't make that kind of accessory. The chain has to be strong and a bit longer. And I've been thinking about how your Quirk works. You make items with the molecular structure, right? So if you add my molecular structure to the chain, it should be possible to partially transfer my Quirk to it. Something like that has often been made by professional labs, but I don't have access to them." "That sounds good and I'd like to help you, but it's always random whether it really works. Besides, I need to know your molecular structure. That is almost impossible. Not many hospitals do such a check, it's very expensive, long waiting lists and extremely dangerous." Kaede smiled "Don't worry about it, I can send you the data of my molecular structure. From my side I have explained everything, I trust you and I trust you to do this work. That's why I'm asking you if you want to do it, if you feel ready." Momo looked at her uncertainly. "I don't quite know how you managed it, but if you've already sorted everything out, I'll be happy to make it for you." "Thank you Yaomomo!" Momo looked after her as she left. There was something about this girl that Momo just couldn't place.

Of course Kaede passed the test she had with Hanta against Midnight. However, because she had done most of the work alone, Hanta fell. She apologised very often, but he was not angry with her. They left on the Saturday after the exam. "I'm so excited!" Mina jumped around wildly and Denki also joined her. Kaede watched them both and began to get a headache. "Cut the crap you dancing gnomes!" Katsuki came at them with dangerous steps and Kaede stifled a grin as they both quickly ran away. Katsuki was now leaning against the bus too, though a few feet away from her. "Everyone on the bus!" Kaede turned around and just saw the classes crowding onto the buses. "Take the first seat that's free, no arguments, just make it quick." Aizawa gave annoyed instructions. Kaede went all the way to the back, where a three-person seat was free, and sat down. "Get up, I want to sleep there." She looked at him grimly. "Where else am I going to sit?" He pointed to the seat where Bakugo had just sat down. "Wonderful." She rolled her eyes. His habit of sleeping all the time annoyed her, now more than ever. As she sat down, he plugged in his headphones and looked out the window. She stared at him and realised that it was upsetting him more every second. She grinned victoriously as he turned to her and pulled out the headphones. "Stop staring like that." "Can I sit by the window?" "No." "Please." "No." "Why not?" "Because I'm sitting here." "Then stand up." "No." "I hate you." "Then do that and stop bugging me." He put the headphones back in. Kaede wasn't going to back down, though. She raised her hand and tried to yank it back out, but he reacted in a flash and grabbed her forearm. She flinched barely noticeably, but he let go immediately. "Why are you flinching?" He watched her, looking at her long sleeve. "Because I didn't think you'd notice anything at all, sitting there like that with your headphones on." He eyed her critically, as if he knew she was lying. "Fine, you can sit here." Surprised and completely confused, she looked at him: "What?" "I said you could sit by the window. Stop bugging me and move over." She stood up and he let her pass." "Thank you." He ignored her. She hadn't expected him to just give up his seat in the first place, but there he was. It was another one of those moments when she would have liked to analyse the feelings of her counterpart. She wanted to understand. But it was an invasion of privacy, of her counterpart's personality. Unforgivable.